• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Installed the beta last night and Wolves' circumstances don't really reflect reality I don't think. Stable finances, £2.5m transfer budget, £20k wage budget, and only Saiss, Oniangue and Cavaleiro look good. Bod and Dicko look vastly underrated. I'll have a deeper look tonight but I wasn't that impressed with it from a quick first glance.

The Brexit stuff is fucking stupid as well. I never sign Scottish players though so not bothered about that bit.

Installed the beta last night and Wolves' circumstances don't really reflect reality I don't think. Stable finances, £2.5m transfer budget, £20k wage budget, and only Saiss, Oniangue and Cavaleiro look good. Bod and Dicko look vastly underrated. I'll have a deeper look tonight but I wasn't that impressed with it from a quick first glance.

The Brexit stuff is fucking stupid as well. I never sign Scottish players though so not bothered about that bit.

Sounds like a GLASGOWOLF transfer policy.

:icon_lol:

Nothing intentional, they're just worse than anyone else you can pick up.

played FM a bit, been playing Fifa 17 a decent amount of XB1.... I have no idea who most of these wolves players are. :(

Installed the full version yesterday and may start up a season tonight. I played all of about four minutes of the demo after looking at the Wolves setup.

Installed the full version yesterday and may start up a season tonight. I played all of about four minutes of the demo after looking at the Wolves setup.

And? Are they still poor ratings for our players Booz?

Pretty much. Only Saiss, Oniangue and Cavaleiro were any good really. Dicko, Costa and Bod are utter pants. Finances are just OK with a £2.5m transfer budget and £20k p/w wage budget. Don't know if anything has changed in the full rollout.

Downloaded last night and only had a very brief look around. Had £12m in the bank starting with Wolves and £4m transfer budget. Guo will not budge on giving more money.

Costa has decent pace but not a lot else, Bod looks terrible and Dicko not much better. Haven't dared to look at defense yet.

One positive is that Edwards is automatically transfer listed when I took over and Leeds already want him :icon_lol:

Downloading it now. I suspect at the very least the budgets might have to be edited ever so slightly upwards.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere you can purchase the editor for £3.99.

Yeh, the in game editor is normally available straight away.

I still miss FM 2008. Unfortunately I don't know how to get it to run on modern computers. I still have my saved game and tactic files stored on my work PC in the hope that one day I'll be able to play it again!

I'm having a fucking nightmare getting the damned thing going: Installed Steam (I very rarely play games TBH), installed FM and then it wouldn't run. So, I did some of the advised checks, poked about with my firewall (Comodo, which is flagged as possibly being a bit of pain in the arse) and ultimately decided to uninstall it. What a mistake to make: FM wouldn't reinstall and the Steam then decided to stop working at all, claiming that it couldn't get online. So, after several uninstall > reinstall cycles and further titting about I've had to do a fresh install of Steam outside of Program Files and am now trying to get it working. Fuckadoodledoo.

Yeh, the in game editor is normally available straight away.

Do you mean the one you have to download through Tools in Steam? It wasn't there last night when I looked, that's the only editor I've ever used. Have to change Premier Division, Champions Cup, SLB, FCP, Gelsenkirchen etc, i just can't go through a prolonged save file with all the names wrong.

I'm having a fucking nightmare getting the damned thing going: Installed Steam (I very rarely play games TBH), installed FM and then it wouldn't run. So, I did some of the advised checks, poked about with my firewall (Comodo, which is flagged as possibly being a bit of pain in the arse) and ultimately decided to uninstall it. What a mistake to make: FM wouldn't reinstall and the Steam then decided to stop working at all, claiming that it couldn't get online. So, after several uninstall > reinstall cycles and further titting about I've had to do a fresh install of Steam outside of Program Files and am now trying to get it working. Fuckadoodledoo.

Noob.

Do you mean the one you have to download through Tools in Steam? It wasn't there last night when I looked, that's the only editor I've ever used. Have to change Premier Division, Champions Cup, SLB, FCP, Gelsenkirchen etc, i just can't go through a prolonged save file with all the names wrong.
There's usually a file on SortItOutSi that has name fixes if you haven't got the editor. Not sure if it's there for this year yet though.

the reviews on steam are teeeerrible

There's usually a file on SortItOutSi that has name fixes if you haven't got the editor. Not sure if it's there for this year yet though.

I didn't pick that up last year, saved me a load of time. I'll have another look for it today.

Doing somewhat better than Zenga at the moment, top of the league and undefeated in the league. My one issue is that the game 'stalls' when there's goalmouth action (I only have comms, no need for wanky replays) and the goal is always reported in the 'live action' panel before the goal goes in during the game. Annoying but not fatal.

Using a 4-2-3-1 formation with the usual suspects; also managed to flog Doherty, Edwards, Saville, Coady and Gladon for a total of £4m, brought in one free transfer (Fede Vico) and one bargain basement backup central defender in the form of Roland Juhasz - old but still handy when Iorfa has to move out to RB. Go me!

Back