• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I think I'm getting it, I like the demo and 2014 was my last buy.

It's pretty decent to be fair, although I've only played a few games so far.

Can't remember 2015 very well to be honest, I suppose it is.

There's always been lingering rumbles of games being pre-decided which I've argued vehemently, as far as I was aware tactical acumen made all the difference. Well I was playing Sheff Wed earlier and Saiss got sent off after a second yellow card after on 33 minutes. I was struggling to keep hold of a 1-0 lead when I had a phonecall and had to go out. I quit the game begrudgingly but needs must. I got home a couple of hours later and fired up FM and started the game again, we went 1-0 up on 15 minutes and Saiss managed to pick up a second yellow on 33 minutes. Seemed really strange so I quit, reloaded and played the game again. 1-0 down after 20 minutes and Saiss gets sent off after 32 minutes. Same again, quit and reloaded and at 0-0 Saiss gets sent off after 35 minutes.

I'm going to try it again now but if this keeps happening it's killed my belief in the game.

Drop Saiss and play the game again...See what happens to his replacement

That's very odd. If it helps I had a crash earlier that meant I had to replay a game where an opponent got sent off in the first half. It didn't happen when I replayed it

I left for a few hours and did some other stuff, went back to it later and played the game with no sendings off and drew 1-1. Still find that bizarre that he got sent off four times in a row, I should have finished each match to see what the outcome was too really.

Sixth in my first season in the PL, clear of the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea. Guardiola has been sacked and replaced by Benitez and Mourinho has just departed United. Conte didn't last the season with Chelsea.

Signed Berahino on a free only for him to snap an achilles in February. Cavaleiro has been absolutely immense, as has Dicko. The Carroll experiment was a disaster: he got stroppy because he wasn't getting much game time but wasn't playing well enough when he came on to warrant dropping Dicko/Saido. Cue the threat of mutiny so I sold him to Guingamp for £3.8m, just about covering my losses. Have put Silvio on the list as he was a yellow card machine and starting to wane and he too has thrown a massive wobbler. Pah. Got Willi Orban coming in as well as Will Hughes for £9m and Clement Grenier on a free. At least one of Saiss and Oniangue will go. Jack Price is as reliable as ever BTW.

FWIW, I also agree that some matches are 'bent' in FM, the results not reflecting form or ability and suchlike.

Will Hughes for £9m? That ain't bad at all, he went to Citeh for £17m straight away on my save. I was eyeing up Berahino too seeing as he'll be free but didn't think he'd come here. If I can get over his immensely fucking massive head I might go for him.

You appear to be rather good at this, Del.

I've managed to get myself into the playoff places at Christmas in a ridiculously tight championship - 1 point between 2nd-7th! In the summer I signed Dack and Lookman and managed to sell Edwards so I have no money to play with in January unless I can get rid of a few

Further strengthened my side by signing Hassan for £10m, rising to £12m. Hat-trick on his debut against Red Star in a 6-0 away romp for my lot. Also got CBJ back on a season-long loan and Begovic for a few £m. Sold Oniangue for £3m to League One Sheffield Wednesday, and am now clearing out the deadwood. Can't get rid of Wallace for love nor money though.

Working on playing a 4-3-3 with Grenier and Hughes as advanced playmakers and Damir Kreilach as a ballwinning midfielder, the main alternative being a 4-1-2-3 incorporating a full-time DM. Iorfa has moved across to replace Silvio, with Orban taking his slot in central defence. Berahino is attracting interest from Chelsea and I'd happily let him go if I got a decent bid from them.

Got this now, 2014 was starting to look a bit tired.

Just need to pimp my game up with the facepacks and badges then I'll be trying to turn HSV into less of a basket case. Johan Djourou, your virtual self wants to be worried about now.

Tamworth are getting there! Close season in 2033, we've just won our third successive league title, and have been CL semi finalists twice in three years. I'm still struggling in matches against the elite though. I think I need to start paying the wages now, still only got one player earning more than £120k. Move into the new stadium in September, a new dawn!

Tamworth are getting there! Close season in 2033, we've just won our third successive league title, and have been CL semi finalists twice in three years. I'm still struggling in matches against the elite though. I think I need to start paying the wages now, still only got one player earning more than £120k. Move into the new stadium in September, a new dawn!

I've still not broke the £100k a week barrier with anyone at Plymouth, think I'm in about 2034 or something, just ignore most of my players when they're kicking off about new deals unless they're running out of time. Got me a new stadium on the way too, I didn't ask for that though, just wanted to keep expanding Home Park instead.

This game confuses me at times, followed up a 2-0 defeat away at bottom of the table Burton (3rd loss in a row) with a 5-1 drubbing of Newcastle at Molineux

Won the Prem with Bromley on 2015 for the first time yesterday, took me until 2039 but it's time to start building a generation. Am still struggling to get results away at bigger clubs, but they are improving. Once I can get that sorted, we'll be genuine contenders for the Champo League, whereas atm we can cruise the group stages, scrape through one knockout round and then get absolutely battered away from home, making the home leg a dead rubber.

Back