• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Got my prem season off to a Hoddle-esque start. 5 games played, 5 score draws.

Got the new one having not played it for a few seasons.

Having the standard mid season slump which has been a part of the game since I was playing in in 2001. Was top of the league by a mile, dominating games and scouring for fun. Now still dominating the games, tons of shots and now only scoring a few yet conceding loads. 1 win in 6 (5 losses) has seen my lead at the top reduced to 4 points. No idea how to stop it!

That's funny, I started the season slowly drifting around 6th-10th. Now I'm in the top three, playing some good stuff.

Team

Ikeme

Ricketts
Bath
Stearman
Golbourne

Macleod
Arter
McDonald

Lingard
Stokes/Wilson
Sako

Just signed Mackay-Steven for peanuts and Siggy is back after a good loan spell. Desperately trying to get rid of Clarke, Edwards, Doyle but no one bidding.

Conceded too much, could do with a decent centre back and younger right back.

I am utterly, completely fucked off with Football Manager at the minute.

After getting Wolves up to the Premier League, I'm having a Southampton style great run, sitting in 6th after 17 games, just beat the Albion 2-0, drew 1-1 with Spurs, lost 0-1 to Man Utd and beat Newcastle 4-1 and as the game ws loading after that game, it stalled. Tried everything to prompt it, turned off all other open programs, gave it a few hours but the game was lost. Just loaded it up again and lost 2-0 to West Brom.

So fucking annoying. I hate having to go through it all again

Forming a consistently good defence in this game is so tough. I'm into my 6th season, 3rd season in charge of Roma after guiding Braunshweig to 6th in the Bundesliga and every season I've struggled with the amount of goals my team lets in. Nothing seems to work.

When the really big games come along they usually end up being ridiculously high scoring, most goals coming straight from the kick off after one team has just retaken the lead for the 6th time. I've had 3 4-4 draws already this season and it's only November.

I usually holiday through the period of time I've lost when that happens even if I end up worse off I can never be fucked to replay it all. Haven't played FM in ages, just can't get into it atm.

Yeah it has a tendency to crash. I save every two weeks because it had happened to me a few times! I agree that it is impossible to defend. Often winning games 5-2 5-3 etc. (When I was on the good run anyway). My defenders were coming out the game with good ratings even though we conceded 3!

I usually holiday through the period of time I've lost when that happens even if I end up worse off I can never be fucked to replay it all. Haven't played FM in ages, just can't get into it atm.

Never considered that, might try it.
I'll be pissed though if I lose all the games whilst on holiday

Just keep save/reloading until you get each result how it was before it crashed.

Technically cheating but not if you've already done it once.

Always best to save after every game regardless of the result, or enable auto-saves if you're experiencing crashes. I only save before I shut it down but I don't think I've ever seen FM crash to be honest.

Having so many shots yet my conversion rate is terrible. Often have 4 or 5 times more shots that opposition yet lose! I have always had work ball into box on but now have made literally every player 'shoot less often' but it's doing nothing. Any tips?

Where are the shots coming from? Are you working many clear cut chances?

I have that issue, I create 4/5 clear cut chances a game but end up losing 3-0 sometimes.

I concede a lot from set pieces, how do you guys set up defensively?

I got a Game voucher for Christmas and decided I may as well spend it on FM 2015, started up a game with Annan Athletic. The new layout is a bit odd and will take some getting used to but it seems quite good, struggling to find any players that improve the squad as it is, everyone seems much the same stats-wise so I think I'll need to focus on getting the tactics right. Nothing too complicated for my limited part timers I think!

Turns out taking off work the ball into box means I have less shots but more goals. Hopefully can hold on to the Europa league spot.

First league game finished 6-5 in my favour.... Could be an interesting season.

Skipped 2014 as I've spent entirely far too much time on this game (900 hours in 2013 and 1300 hours in 2012!!!)... broke down and bought 2015 yesterday. Needless to say my girlfriend is in mourning.

It does seem quite good from what I've played, I'm kind of using my Annan game as a bit of a test run and will start a career in England (maybe Wolves, maybe lower down) when the update comes out at the end of February.

what's special about the update?

Transfers, so Bony will start at Man City etc.

Back