• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

2-2 draws are getting really fucking irritating as well. Hammer the opposition with plenty of shots on target while they have a couple and pull back from two down. Happens way too often.

I've dug out my old copy of Championship Manager 93-94 End of Season edition. Amazingly, the floppy disk it came on was still working, and it works really well under Dosbox.

Ah, the joys of a front line of Bull, Kelly and Regis...

Ah, the joys of a front line of Bull, Kelly and Regis...

Hmmm, that could be worth loading up the editor and putting Wolves back to '88. Fourth Division with the squad that won the league and the Sherpa Van, that would be a good patch.

It's great having a schizophrenic scout.

Capture.JPG

I got promoted in my first season, and even transfer listed players aren't interested in signing for me - I considered cleverly as he was released so on a free, but he wants 100k a week...

Finished 8th in my first season. Injuries destroyed me in the second half of the season.

Sako left on a free because we never got promoted. Signed Kakuta and Guidetti on frees though. Looking forward to my next season.

Still detest the ME, it's fucking rancid.

Bournemouth doing their ground up by the look of it.

Bournemouth.jpg

I loaded up 01/02 on my laptop the other day. Had a few days at home last week cause the chavvie was too ill for nursery and I wanted a quick fix. Installed the latest data update so i'm operating with current squads. Got promoted with Wolves in the first season (obvs) and have signed some big names....
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Antolin Alcaraz
Some Japanese centre back with big numbers
Abou Diaby
Tom Carroll
Wilson Polacios
Morgan Amalfitano
Eric Lichaj
Junior Hoilett
Emmanuel Rivière
Sold a load of tosh to make way for them - Doherty, Sako, Ricketts, Henry from the first team.
That's just all in the close season. During the Championship season I signed Vernon Anita for £2.5m and sold him to Chelsea for £6m. Also signed Mo Salah for £2m in January.
Siggy (top scorer with 19) and Margrietta have been awesome as has Johnson!
So unrealistic, but so much fun!

I don't know why but I can never play as Wolves on FM.

Got Eintracht Braunschweig promoted at the first try, although I got a bit lucky. Won the last 4 games of the season because the opposition each had a man sent off before half time and I sneaked in by a point. Pablo Aimar scoring a free kick in the last minute of the last game to get me 3 points.

My board have screwed me over with my transfer budget for next season though and I've got Bayern first game. Not looking forward to seeing Lewandowski up against Dedrick Boyata. :shake:

Trouble is, I don't know a thing about any other club!

It's funny playing 01/02 with up to date data. I find myself looking for the old reliable names that have served me so well in games gone by;
Jamie Langford
Mark Kerr
Jonas Lunden
To Madeira
Maxim Tsigalko

01/02 was definitely my fave of all the iterations. Me and my mate used to play it all day as Everton and Liverpool. Just both of us sitting there at my PC. It took ages but was great fun, especially the Scouse derbies.

01/02 is way too easy - cheat players and formations all over the place - and there's nothing like enough involvement. Great in its day but it's just a rich man's Top Eleven now.

I'm never Wolves.

Out of interest what does everybody think is the best FM, as in most realistic balanced with most fun?

I have the handheld and it's 01/02 but with added difficulty but the ME and interaction is bland. Good fun for an hour or two.

Out of interest what does everybody think is the best FM, as in most realistic balanced with most fun?

I have the handheld and it's 01/02 but with added difficulty but the ME and interaction is bland. Good fun for an hour or two.

FM 2007 was probably the best, but CM 01/02 and CM 03/04 I really liked.

Got promoted despite the injuries. Norwich collapsed horribly in the last five games. Spunked a lot of my transfer budget very quickly as this team will not be competitive.

FM06, although FM13 was/is pretty damn good.

I did quit FM06 through rage though with the long running save I had, I found this Italian regen kid called Mascio who looked a promising CM so bought him for about £400k. Loaned him out for a couple seasons and when he came back after his second loan his stats were absolutely mental, nothing below 16 and most on 18 or above, he was absolutely phenomonal. Juventus bid for him about £10m I think it was and I countered with £70m to put them off (he was well worth that anyway) and they came back with £30m. The board accepted the offer and refused to give me any transfer funds to replace him, I issued an ultimatum as my job security was excellent and they sacked me. One of my favourite saves that was, I ended up going to Napoli but just couldn't cut it in Italy.

Back