• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Out of interest what does everybody think is the best FM, as in most realistic balanced with most fun?

I have the handheld and it's 01/02 but with added difficulty but the ME and interaction is bland. Good fun for an hour or two.

My favourites are FM06 and 07.Of the earlier CM's it's 01/02 and 03/04.They're all probably less realistic than today's versions,if I wanted realistic I'd go get coaching badges! :)

FM06, although FM13 was/is pretty damn good.

I did quit FM06 through rage though with the long running save I had, I found this Italian regen kid called Mascio who looked a promising CM so bought him for about £400k. Loaned him out for a couple seasons and when he came back after his second loan his stats were absolutely mental, nothing below 16 and most on 18 or above, he was absolutely phenomonal. Juventus bid for him about £10m I think it was and I countered with £70m to put them off (he was well worth that anyway) and they came back with £30m. The board accepted the offer and refused to give me any transfer funds to replace him, I issued an ultimatum as my job security was excellent and they sacked me. One of my favourite saves that was, I ended up going to Napoli but just couldn't cut it in Italy.

Not to mention players wanting to leave your premier league club that's come up through the divisions to join illustrious Sheffield Unted in League One!Who can say no to that??

My favourites are FM06 and 07.Of the earlier CM's it's 01/02 and 03/04.They're all probably less realistic than today's versions,if I wanted realistic I'd go get coaching badges! :)

Didn't 03/04 have that lad at Wimbledon who was brilliant. Start game, search Wimbledon, bid a rediculously low amount for him as they were in financial difficulty and stick him in your starting XI. ;)

Mascio was a fake player anyway Booz.

Mascio was a fake player anyway Booz.

Yeah I found that out later, just thought he was a regen when I first bought him. He never appeared in any other game I started in 06 though, weird.

Got promoted despite the injuries. Norwich collapsed horribly in the last five games. Spunked a lot of my transfer budget very quickly as this team will not be competitive.

Try and sign Roberto Pereyra on a free. He wouldn't join me and kept asking for £100k p/w wages which I obviously couldn't offer, but after he was still sitting as a free agent at the end of August I tried again and got him for around £43k p/w. He's fucking awesome as an AMC.

What formations are you guys playing with?

4-2-3-1. I tend to use two CMs that can play as either ball winners or box to box to give some solidity in the middle, then three attack minded AMs (right, left, center) with a Poacher up front. Wing play is very hard to obtain in this version though I've found, my wide men seem to cut inside more often than not so it gets very overcrowded and we end up losing the ball.

Sounds good.

I've not had time to get into this version yet but as I have just started 4 weeks gardening leave, I feel that may change slightly!

4-2-3-1 for me too - second season in the prem, I bought Roberts from Fulham and Dele Alli from MKDons last season - they play some lovely football between the two of them.

Didn't 03/04 have that lad at Wimbledon who was brilliant. Start game, search Wimbledon, bid a rediculously low amount for him as they were in financial difficulty and stick him in your starting XI. ;)

I don't remember :(

CM 01/02 was always 3-5-2 with Pablo Aimar in behind the striker. What a beast he was in that role, 9 or 10 almost every game.

Currently rocking a 41221 - will take screenie tonight if I get on. Served me well in the Championship but I'm yet to start my Premier League campaign.

Strongest 11 last year would probably be:

-------------------Sigurdarson

Van La Parra --------------------------Salah

-------------------KMac - Rowe

----------------------Anita

Golbourne - Margrietta - Johnson - Ricketts

----------------------Ikeme

Dicko was class at the start of the season, but Siggy took charge whilst he was away at the ACON and couldn't be displaced. Price was great too, his numbers are progressing nicely - probably won't cut it in the Prem though.

I might have a tweak, as I do like to play 2 upfront with one in the hole in CM01/02.

Dicko got me 28 goals in getting promoted. Van La Parra and Sako were excellent too.

I sold Sako for 5m and replaced him with Salah for about 2m. Much of a muchness really.

I sold Sako for 5m and replaced him with Salah for about 2m. Much of a muchness really.
Quite probably, but I got sako to sign a new deal with one week of his old one left. If he shines in the premier league I should get his shiny new £16.75m release clause as nice juicy value next summer. VLP has been awesome though. I think he got 11 goals

Kakuta hit 30 goals for me from right mid.

Back