• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

ahh. my current game started in Jan 2014 so I assumed the roster updates were already done.

Doyle is on loan. :mad:

They usually add a load of fixes with it too which is why I'm not taking this save too seriously

Side note, I just built a killer new gaming PC over the holidays and am having some fun with seeing how the game runs with all leagues active, 90% playable, and with a large DB. Saves take a bit but the day to day isn't too bad yet.

gaaahhhhhh forgot how aggravating it is to buy youngsters

everyone wants $20m+ for their 15 year old wonder kids. :wallbash:

Cheers Nando!

Dicko is always shooting from 20 yards out and has awful finishing, missing 5 yards wide/over while in the box, etc.. Hoping he's better for the real team than for mine. Edwards, Sako, and Stearman not doing me any favors either.

talk about using your head... :icon_razz:

Somehow I've completely fucked up my FM15 graphics. I had the game installed on a dedicated partition on my SSD (J: ) but the game seemed to load and save very slowly which defeated the object of having it on the SSD, so I backed up all of my graphics, saved games etc and uninstalled the game then extended my C: drive back into the partition I'd created. I then re-installed FM15 onto my D: drive which is used solely for games but no graphics will show no matter what I do. I've even uninstalled Steam (losing all of my installed games in the process), re-installed it then installed FM15 again but still no joy.

It's pissing me off as the standard graphics are fucking awful and it's really putting me off playing it. I should have left it as it was. I can normally sort out most PC problems but this one has me completely fucking stumped.

what do you mean by graphics, the 'graphics' folder for adding cut-out packs and logos and such?

cleared the cache? re-loaded the skin?

Yep, tried everything I can think of. I've been adding graphics to FM for years and have never had a problem but this is just a complete pain in the cunt.

This is fun to play again but I'm still disappointed to see some problems being exactly the same years later. :(

Had Wolves up by 12 but have won 1 out of 8 and am tied for first. Really aggravating.

first place finish in the championship awww yeah. :icon_cool:

dicko, sako, and jacobs ftw

and I didn't even cheat this time. :icon_lol:

almost just had my first relegation season ever!! :spaz:

2nd to last game pulled out a win versus Tottenham, who were first in the league. they ended up losing the title to ManU by 1 point, while Wolves stayed up in 16th with 36 points (leicester 17th = 35, sunderland 18th = 34)/

I ended up selling batth, ikeme, and dicko (among others) at the start of the season, so all of my key players were swapped out. first half of the season was literally losing by 4+ most games. AWFUL awful defense. losing constantly even though I was scoring several every game. fixed it in the January window. never had to cobble together an emergency defense like that before. guess it shows that selling all your back line starters is a bad idea. who knew??

Totti won the Europa League with the last touch of his career for me last night. Incredible scenes. May have gotten a little carried away...

I've tried and tried to get into these games but I just can't. Damn shame, the payoff seems great (I'd have been right emotional in your shoes on the Totti incident, Lycan) but the build up... oy, what a slog.

I've tried and tried to get into these games but I just can't. Damn shame, the payoff seems great (I'd have been right emotional in your shoes on the Totti incident, Lycan) but the build up... oy, what a slog.

Start with Championship Manager 01/02 and the latest data update - you can download it for free, legally from Sports Interactive. It's quick and fun and doesn't need a huge investment of time, although it does tend to end up that way!

almost just had my first relegation season ever!! :spaz:

2nd to last game pulled out a win versus Tottenham, who were first in the league. they ended up losing the title to ManU by 1 point, while Wolves stayed up in 16th with 36 points (leicester 17th = 35, sunderland 18th = 34)/

I ended up selling batth, ikeme, and dicko (among others) at the start of the season, so all of my key players were swapped out. first half of the season was literally losing by 4+ most games. AWFUL awful defense. losing constantly even though I was scoring several every game. fixed it in the January window. never had to cobble together an emergency defense like that before. guess it shows that selling all your back line starters is a bad idea. who knew??

I stayed up til 1am last night finishing my first PL season with Wolves. Beat Sunderland at Stadium of Light in the 2nd last game to secure 6th place and Europa League. Tense stuff, smoked all my g-friends cigarettes during the run in, and I don't even smoke anymore! West Ham and Villa were chasing but both lost on the 2nd last day to leave a 5 point gap going into the last game, which I lost 3-1 against Liverpool. The key signing for me was Victor Valdes, he's been superb.

Gonna strengthen the squad now, looking to get Kane and some Brazilian defender in.

Start with Championship Manager 01/02 and the latest data update - you can download it for free, legally from Sports Interactive. It's quick and fun and doesn't need a huge investment of time, although it does tend to end up that way!

Downloaded it but the setup hangs/craps out. Harumph.

In my second season having won the league with 100 points, mid table after about 12 games in PL

----------------------Hansen--------------------------

Matthews-----Stearman------Rekik-------------Bertrand

--------------Darder---------W.Hughes----------------

Henry----------------P.Roberts------------------Sako

------------------------Dicko---------------------------

Subs: Ikeme, Marriapa, McDonald, McLeod, Jacobs, Mackay-Steven, Wilson

Sold Batth for 10 million to Villa, and got Doherty, Arter, Rowe, van la Parra that I want to get rid of in January as I'm short on centre backs and need a quality winger.

Downloaded it but the setup hangs/craps out. Harumph.

Might be relevant, might not be, but I found by changing the compatibility on old CM games to XP got them working perfectly. Obviously Im assuming you are trying to run CM on a newer version of Windows? I use Windows 8 and had issues with a lot of older programs like Virtual DJ and CM4, but changing the compatibility worked a treat. It could be the case for yourself

Back