• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I jsut gave up a goal where my CB was standing several feet in FRONT of the striker, who was onside due to the other 3 defenders. this wasn't a movement, that was his positional choice. just standing. ball got played behind him in the box and obviously he couldn't catch up that quick.

I just.... don't understand. that kind of stupid nonsense is happening all the time. it's not like I have awful players.

I'd be getting them on positional defending in training! ;)

Not had this before! Did win 7-1 mind.

2n0qama.png

Alan Hansen in goal and Jockie Wilson up front?

Erm yeah.....

Andre Hansen and James Wilson, actually :)

Yeah, he scored a hat trick and set up two others in the 7-1 win that caused the above picture!

Was Leon Clarke your other striker then?

When does the transfer update come out usually?

jesus h christ having a general manager (director of football in your version, I believe) is THE WORST

had one when first taking over the team, hated him, let the contract expire. now that we're a better club, hired a much better one, hated him, mutual contract cancellation 2 months after signing. I have his settings as ONLY interacting with listed players, and he still messes with everything else in the club.

tried to sell my ridiculously good 17 y/o striker that I just paid $20m for and is not on the transfer list, now said player is pissed off that we asked him to find a new club.... has accepted bids for my world-class WBL that I've repeatedly rejected offers for and told the press to fuck off about, etc... but can't do shit about the players I've asked him to sell, can't seem to buy anyone I ask him to, sends my hot prospects to shit leagues with no salary coverage and no recall clause...

I just... god dammit.

chief scouts can be kind of annoying too, I can't set who I want to do next opposition scouting. I specifically hired this chief scout because of his tactics and he keeps sending these other people to do it.

I have figured out to stop setting scouts to scout regions, though. much easier to set them by individual country.

They're more hassle than they're worth tbh, it's easy enough to offer kids out on loan and deal with transfers yourself, like you I've never managed to get him to actually buy anyone.

Don't know why they aren't following your instructions though? Never seen that before.

I've seen a few bugs like that on this version. other people setting training when they shouldn't, chief scout setting things they shouldn't, etc. it seems to have settled down that I've set myself for all responsibilities and simply fired everyone who offended me; even if there is a bug there is simply no one in positions of authority to say otherwise. :icon_lol:

regarding the GM/DoF, I saw people on the forums saying they could be useful, get better deals than they could, etc. so thought I'd give it a shot. I even used FM scout to make sure dude's 'business' and 'buying players' were high. was just hoping to have a little less hassle in the summer. ended up with an even bigger headache.

Bought FM15 for £15 and it arrived yesterday.... Got a night shift Monday night so that will pass the time! Bring it on

what's the quickest anyone's been able to win the league with wolves in 2015?

I'm in my 4th season trying for a top half finish, hoping to get into one of the continental tournies.

I'm in third season, currently sixth but just had tough fixtures and Patrick Roberts and Will Hughes have been injured recently. I'm hoping for top 6/7.

I've had Derby and now Everton offer me job interviews. Declined both!

I'm excited to start a wolves save after the update. I'd also quite like to make AC Milan a superpower again I think.

under my coach homepage, where they list the 5 people who have the best/worst opinions of you, is my head of youth development that I've employed for several years and still have on staff is listed under worst.... :confused-smiley-013 :argh:

Back