• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Here is the only academy player of note to come through so far, been injured a lot this season when I sent him on loan to Orient (in Championship) which is frustrating as I planned to have him in my squad for next season.

256sb9g.png

Attachments

• Timothy Pyke_ Overview Profile.jpg
    Timothy Pyke_ Overview Profile.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
Hope he comes good! I love getting a few years into the game and seeing people come through although usually I have to go out and stockpile 16 year olds that look promising as the ones I produce are rubbish!

I have an eye on a couple of youngsters that I want, a 15 year old at Bolton (I think) and another at MK Dons.

For some reason despite having a philosophy of bring through young players the board reduced funding for the academy and were downgraded to category 2!

Back up now fortunately! Finished seventh in the league, above Arsenal who am I now the favourite to become their next manager! Also been offered the job at Celtic but turned it down, so the board are happy with me currently. Managed to tie Patrick Roberts down to a new deal which means his release clause is now at 40 million.

Any tips on a goalkeeper?

Simone Scuffet is incredible if you can get your hands on him. I had Maxym Koval from Dynamo Kyiv for years and he was top class although could command his area better.

Any tips on a goalkeeper?

for youngsters go for Sam Johnstone or Koen Casteels. both affordable, both fantastic. I bought Casteels for maybe $3m. Got Sam on a free (they have De Gea, so...).

lots of 30-something gk's in my game that are quite good and gettable as well, if you're just looking to get by a few seasons. John Ruddy, Artur Boric, etc.

Could do with it being a British one, as not got enough players to fill the quota at the moment.

Stoke won't sell me Butland despite offering quite a bit of money and him being their back up goalkeeper!

Will look at Ruddy and Johnstone

ManU absolutely refused to deal with me for Johnstone, wanted like 60m (and he's their backup!!). took 3 seasons to sign him. tried to buy him every transfer window (and would throw the odd bid in otherwise), and eventually the press throwing out the "do you think you can make a deal?!" articles. Johnstone never got mad that they wouldn't sell him, but I wonder if that helped prevent him from signing a new contract and allowing me to get him on a free. then again, his stats are way too good for a backup, could be as simple as wanting first team action. ManU's loss, I had bids in up to 25m in the windows.

Ruddy I was able to instantly unsettle (assuming you're promoted and Norwich isn't) and put in a contract for.

edit --

6G7imYx.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive! How on earth did you get hold of Odegaard?

looks like I signed him for $2.9m in my second season, so wasn't too hard or expensive to get. youri above him is a better player though. constantly injured, but an absolute force when he's on the pitch. had him on loan in our first season, then bought him for $16m in the second.

finished the league in 8th, 1 spot out of europa... ended up beating liverpool in the FA Cup final, 5-3 penalties

fuck yeaaahhhhhhh :band: :disco:

didn't allow a single goal in the last 6 stages of the competition

Has anyone tried playing a save without buying anyone? On my current team, aside from a few, I've barely spent anything. Lots on free's, a few for 1-2m. Maybe 3 for 15m+. But lots of easily signable quality players available right now...

The Saunders approach...?

First season with Wolves going well, up to 2nd after 22 games following a run of 6 wins and 2 draws from the last 8 including a thoroughly enjoyable 4-0 smashing of table toppers Bournemouth (Callum Wilson scored something like 24 goals in 16 games but is now out for 3 months so I'm expecting them to drop down the table. I've mirrored Kenny Jackett a bit so far after starting with a solid 4-2-3-1 formation that led to not many goals being scored I've recently switched to 4-4-2 and Afobe and Dicko have been banging the goals in. Haven't really made many signings, got a centre back called Bernardo who has done OK, Patrick Roberts on loan mainly just to get in his good books so I can try and get him permanently in the future and Chuba Akpom on loan as a backup although Wenger has been moaning at me for not playing him enough!

having a lot of fun getting players to fire their agents, then offering new contracts right after. fuck agents. they want like $2m minimum to negotiate a salary, some upwards of 6-8??? nope. gtfo.

tell players tough shit every time they complain until the last year of their contract + get them to fire agent at that time + lowballing the hell out of players = fantastic payroll control

Last edited:
Fourth season (third in the PL), finished third in the league. Patrick Roberts won footballer of the year who I have a feeling will be attracting plenty of interest this summer. Going to need to strengthen this summer big time in order to compete in the Champions League!

who'd you end up getting for your keeper?

Sam Johnstone, though he barely played as Andre Hansen is still better. Tried Frazer Forster, then Jack Butland and could get neither to come. Might be able to get one of them now I guess.

Team

Hansen

Matthews
Papadopoulos
Veltman
Ozstrolek

Gil
Hughes

Zaha
Maher
Roberts

Milik

don't recognize any of those except Papadopoulos

shows you what I know. I'll have to check out Hansen in my game. Johnstone is starting to piss me off. Dropping balls he should be catching (even though he has 18 handling). Slow to move after being on the ground. I don't concede a ton since I have utterly fantastic CB's but even so too many dumb goals are getting in.

Back