• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

1/3 on target ;O

I've gone ahead and cheated and bought the in-game editor. Tired of there being literally zero 5-star coaches.

just looked at my team report...

best attribute: heading (1st)
worst attribute: average height (18th)

:icon_lol: :rage:

I do have the lowest average player age (22.8) though, and highest average player value ($34m). This is prob my best save.

1/3 on target ;O

I've gone ahead and cheated and bought the in-game editor. Tired of there being literally zero 5-star coaches.

Keeper made at least 3 of those impossible looking saves too! Dangerous ground that editor, I have it myself but made sure I ticked the box to make it unavailable for this save!

It's the only change I've made.

In FM12/13 there were always plenty of coaches to go around once you got high enough club reputation. Having literally 2-3 five-star coaches TOTAL (except fitness) is utterly ridiculous. Using FM scout it looks like there are max 5 people in each category capable of 5 star, and they're all Managers (who you obviously can't hire).

Maybe one day Wolves will be big enough to hire Mourinho to be the tactics coach, but until then, I'm gonna go ahead and cheat and not feel bad.

Had an offer for a 33 y/o messi accepted, 15m

couldn't afford his ridiculous salary requirements, unfortunately. I even had every single bonus activated and maxed.

The FM subreddit has a lot of funny stuff in it

sazO2SW.png

just had an unbelievable season. "victorious wolves celebrate incredible quintuple!" premiership, champions league, euro cup (won euro league last season), FA cup, capital one cup

and now in the new season, without even asking me, the club set the expectations as "win" for every competition. ugh.

Haven't won in 12 games. Drawing 10 of them. Afobe and Dicko can't hit a barn door so now got Becchio on loan and hoping for some fortune. A great start to the season sees me still 6th but even when I do score I'm conceding late goals. Driving me mad!

Towards the end of my fifth season. Won the league cup, knocked out in group stages of CL rather unfortunately and lost in semi finals of the FA Cup on penalties. League started off poorly but looks like I'm going to miss out on top four to Arsenal, who I play against in the Europa League final!

Won the Europa League with an emphatic 3-0 win over Arsenal. Got given a lot more money than usual, around 50 and about to get 40m for Olinga.

Spent 20m on Max Meyer, and bought a left back Jose Luis Gaya for 8m. Hoping to bring in Odegaard and Rene Blank (regen, 20 years old and ridiculous stats). Chambers too as I need a decent right back and want to keep signing English players too.

Team at moment:

Butland

Matthews
Vetlman
Jesus
Gaya

Gil
Hughes

Roberts
Meyer
Cerny

Wilson

Won the Europa League with an emphatic 3-0 win over Arsenal. Got given a lot more money than usual, around 50 and about to get 40m for Olinga.

Spent 20m on Max Meyer, and bought a left back Jose Luis Gaya for 8m. Hoping to bring in Odegaard and Rene Blank (regen, 20 years old and ridiculous stats). Chambers too as I need a decent right back and want to keep signing English players too.

Team at moment:

Butland

Matthews
Vetlman
Jesus
Gaya

Gil
Hughes

Roberts
Meyer
Cerny

Wilson

Steady on Whelan. ;)

Haha! Only because you have to have a certain amount of "home grown" players in CL.. I ended up with Conor Hunte in my champions league squad last season

I had an issue with that in my save a couple of years ago, all the English players were crap but had to sign the odd one to keep the CL squad happy. Tried to sign loads of promising 15 yr olds who would count as home grown in the future too

1/3 through my 2020 season and wolves are undefeated. drew to friggin newcastle when half the squad was tired/injured; it's the only non-win. only 3 goals allowed so far. 26 games unbeaten going back to last season.

and I immediately lose the next game. jinxed it. :( :( :(

I started a game on FM11 a while ago, just to play around with. First season as Wolves was a comfortable mid-table finish. Second season I came third and won both cups. My midfield for the new campaign will likely be Gundogan - Schneiderlin - Javi Garcia. Total cost for those £5.3m. I am a touch worried about the CL aspect though as my squad is very young and I might struggle to fill out the requisite numbers for homegrown players. We shall see.

just register some random kids from the U21/U18 squad.

Somehow ended up in the Southern Premier League with Scarborough, going to be some long away days!

As Wolves in the prem and top of the table- probably the best team on the game at the moment and I was 2-0 down to Man U in the FA cup so i made a touchline team-talk having a go at my players and after immediately conceding a 3rd, I scored 4 goals in the last 30 mins to win 4-3.

Somehow ended up in the Southern Premier League with Scarborough, going to be some long away days!

Are they still playing in Bridlington or have you moved them back home yet?

Back