• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Are they still playing in Bridlington or have you moved them back home yet?

Still Bridlington apparently. Sitting top of the Southern Prem after 19 games though, hopefully get another couple of promotions and turn professional then get my own ground back!

Into my seventh season - this should be the year that we win the league!

Team:

Butland

Chambers Veltman Jesus Gaya

Ward-Prowse Hughes

Zaha Roberts Cerny

Werner​

Subs: McRorie, Papadopoulos, Matthews, Goretzka, Meyer, Milik, Wilson

Courtois
Clyne Zouma Mangala Shaw

Roberts Pogba Hughes Hazard

Werner Falcao

Bench- Rulli, Nightingale, Deulefeo, Barbosa, Iheanacho, Flanagan, Lukaku.

courtois and hazard are the bane of my existence

Just beat city 5-0 at home In FA cup quarters then got MK Dons in semis. Computer decided to turn off and do updates. Guarantee when I restart it that won't happen!

Managed to win the Southern Premier League with Scarborough, got pretty fortunate with it really I think.

Started the season on fire, think I took maximum points from the first 10 games or so and barely faltered for another 10 or so after that, then other teams started to reel me in a bit but never dropped below 2nd and even then it was only for the odd week here and there. With just a handful of games to go i'd got myself a 7 point gap at the top and everything looked done but then i went on a losing streak meaning I went into the final game on level points with 2nd, ended up drawing that 1-1 but thankfully Weymouth lost so I snatched the league by 1 point on the final day.

Looking back through the history it's usually taken around 100 points to win the league but I managed to do so with a meagre 83 this time around! Not going to complain as I started the season with the lowest budget of anyone.

FM crashed just as I was about to beat Panathinaikos in the Europa League Quarter Final with Red Star. Overturned a 2-1 away deficit to lead 4-2 on aggregate with a hat-trick from Darko Lazovic at the Marakana. Game froze with 10 minutes to go. In true Balkan spirit I'm claiming that it was a conspiracy.

I've not played Football manager for a long time but I always love reading these types of article. In this case its reminded me of Geoff Pitcher whom I'd long since forgotten about but was a genius goalscoring attacking midfielder for one of my teams. To Madeira has to be my all time favourite though, especially as he was made up by one of the researchers. He was pretty much unstoppable.

Viktor Leonenko mentioned in that article was my favourite on 96/97. Under £1m from Dynamo Kyiv and he'd bang in 20+ year after year in the PL.

Jonas Lunden and Anatoli Todorov (who formed an amazing partnership up front with Julius Agahowa) were stalwarts in my successful champions league seasons at Wolves. Morten Gamst Pedersen must have supplied 50% of their goals too.

Alex Aguinaga. A bit old but good for a few seasons as an AM. Him, Bakicioglu and Mads Jorgensen were lethal together.

Barkircoiglu, Lunden, Kallstrom, Risp - it's a wonder Sweden didn't win the 2006 World Cup really.

Maxsim Tsigalko was another absolute ledge-piece.

Ah man, Mark Kerr was always straight on the shortlist too!

Back