• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Anyone playing the iPad version of 2015? Is it worth me upgrading from 2014? Mind you, I preferred 2013 as I found it easier.

under my coach homepage, where they list the 5 people who have the best/worst opinions of you, is my head of youth development that I've employed for several years and still have on staff is listed under worst.... :confused-smiley-013 :argh:

Ha! Mine is quite odd too

Alan Irvine
Stale Solbakken
Dave Jones
Mark McGhee
Dougie Freedman

The only one I have come up against is Freedman

Despite having on going feuds with Lee Clark and Jose Mourinho they are on my best opinions.. Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson and Gary McAlliser make up the rest.

Alan Irvine
Stale Solbakken
Dave Jones
Mark McGhee
Dougie Freedman

Despite having on going feuds with Lee Clark and Jose Mourinho they are on my best opinions.. Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson and Gary McAlliser make up the rest.

They both make sense to me.

Clark always sounds depressed so no surprise he's got a high opinion of someone who argues with him and makes him feel like shit and Mourinho probably enjoys the battle.

I quite often rile certain managers for my own amusement. DJ, Redknapp, Rodgers, Mowbray are all frequent targets.

They both make sense to me.

Clark always sounds depressed so no surprise he's got a high opinion of someone who argues with him and makes him feel like shit and Mourinho probably enjoys the battle.

Haha, true.

Mourinho did recently talk about how delighted he was to have beaten my 'excellent team'.

Just sold Sergi Darder for 14.5m to Man Utd (he had a release clause). Managed to get Sergi Roberto in on deadline day for 5.5m, which is decent business. Cristian Tello wanted far too much in wages sadly.

Big update as I try to fire up FM.

Guess this could be the update coming online.

Yeh, the January transfer update was released today. No changes to player stats though, which will be modified in a further update.

I guess the stats update will only apply to games started after the update comes out again?

Alan Irvine
Stale Solbakken
Dave Jones
Mark McGhee
Dougie Freedman

Yep mine are:

Alexandr Tarkahnov
Alan Irvine
Steve Bruce
Stale Solbakken
Derek McInnes

Irvine is the one who is my current HoYD. Stale makes sense since he probably doesn't like the club. Jackett used to hate me. No idea why the other 3 hate me, especially when I'm employing one.

I think the coaches with high controversy/temperament enjoy the mind games in the press. Mourinho being the most obvious example.

Best opinions:
Mark Hughes
Carlo Ancelotti
Brendan Rodgers
Gordon Strachan
Nigel Pearson

Football Manager 2015 version 15.3.0

MATCH ENGINE (v1555)
Fixed issue where players would sometimes not make an obvious challenge for the ball
Improved goalkeeper reactions after an initial save
Fixed bug where keepers sometimes hesitate on sweeping up ball behind defence
Made players run more directly with ball when on counter
Fixed some instances of centre halves engaging ball player and breaking their defensive line

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS

Resolved issue where Chief Scout was not cancelling assignments when being instructed to do so
Improved logic behind affiliate club requests

INTERACTION

Improved the balancing of a number of player happinesses including decreasing the regularity of players asking to join interested teams.
Fixed rare instances of players asking to join an interested team when no interest has been shown in them

all stuff I'm glad to see fixed :)

They are much needed fixes, a couple of those things were really starting to piss me off.

Yeh, the January transfer update was released today. No changes to player stats though, which will be modified in a further update.

Any idea if they change a lot of stats? Wondering if it's worth waiting for before I start a new game, I'd imagine someone like Afobe will be rated a big higher than he was in August

I couldn't give you a definitive answer really. You could always amend them yourself if you wanted to do so.

I'll have a look around the forums and see when it's likely to happen

They are much needed fixes, a couple of those things were really starting to piss me off.

the gk not grabbing balls or players not running after unpossessed balls were hugely annoying

One of my main gripes is when a long ball is played over your defence and your last defender slopes after the ball as if he were wearing concrete wellies, while the opposing forward goes all Mo Farrah and gets to the ball first even though your defender had a 35 yard head start. Then you inevitably concede.

Goalkeepers taking free kicks from out wide that land with an opposition player around the half way line and they suddenly turn into Xabi Alonso and plonk it into the empty net.

Players getting 'stuck in the mud' when they've been challenged.

took screenshots of some youth... really looking forward to my defense in a few seasons (I even play with 3 CB's).

ShoIYZi.jpg

tAmzorn.jpg

0BwLzGr.jpg

I've also got AM's coming out of my ears.... there always seems to be a ridiculous abundance of world class AMC's in the game.

Mqsg8nw.jpg

MgB5NAG.jpg

Back