• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

2hdv2v6.jpg

Just to compete with Quirk. Won Conference, Division 3, Division 2 and then second in Division 1 in successive seasons. Then finished second in the Premier League just missing out to Arsenal.

It's an easy game to win in but there's something about it that makes me want to play it. Plus I made the tactic!

Dunwell was a Wolves legend for me! Goal machine.

FM15 beta is live today, playing it now, seems alright so far, the UI is a lot different but feels better than last years.

Have they changed the tactics setup at all? Didn't like it last year where you only had the 'team instructions' to alter what they did, preferred the older setup with the sliding bars for tempo, passing range, etc.

Tactics setup has changed, but sliders aren't back, they removed those because they said it wasn't realistic.

I miss the sliders. :(

Easier to move the tab along to set how deep your defence was playing or adjust the tempo, than using vague instructions like 'drop deeper' and the like, think the older tactics system is far superior.

I suppose with them wanting to make it realistic, it made sense to remove sliders, much to the annoyance of a fair few people.

If anyone wants any screenshots of anything, players etc, happy to oblige :)

I just liked having the sliders to set a saw of benchmark tactic, then you could use instructions on top of that in game to tweak things depending on how the game was going or how your opponent lined up, now that it's all on the instructions it seems to have taken away some of the control and fine tuning that was possible before. They removed the individual player commands on last season's too didn't they? So now you can only use the player role to define how you want them to go about their game.

Seems odd that they've made one of the most important parts of the game yet added more detail to others, like taking part in deadline day bullshit or choosing the right tone to deliver your team talks and everything else. Think they've lost the balance a bit.

You can still set individual player instructions, it's a bit tucked away but it is in there.

Individual commands are still there and are extremely effective.

I like the current set-up.

I might just go back to 2013 when i've fixed my laptop, i only ever play as lower league teams and try to work my way up so makes no difference to me whether transfers are bang up to date or not, i haven't got a clue who any of the players down there are anyway.

Utterly, utterly fucked off. I had a problem with Master Boot Record so ended up having to restore a Macrium image for my C: drive, thing was it was taken back in June. Loaded FM13 up and was sent back two years in game time (back to 2018), I really don't think I can be bothered to go through it all again. Maybe I'll give FM15 a shot. Maybe not.

I'm playing FM 2006. ;)

A bit worrysome that Nicklas Bendtner has been named World footballer of the year (in 2012 and 13)!Other than that it's enjoyable.

I don't know about favourite but 2008 was the one I played most, I think my career save went on for about 25 years starting at Leigh RMI and ending at Barcelona with Wolves and Man Utd in the middle. Since then I don't think I've got past 10 seasons in 1 save

Can't find a disk for FM2013 anywhere, perhaps never bought it physically but it's not showing up on Steam either, either in my library or the store. :(

Bought 2014 for a fiver today and can't get any logo packs or skins to take for some reason. The default Premier League club logos are diabolical and the default skin (one fucking skin SI? seriously?) is fucking putrid. Can't play it like that, uninstalled.

Back