• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I want to get the four good loanees - Liassine Cadamuro, Abdoul Camara, Marti Riverola and Gerard Moreno all signed up at least for another season if I can. If I sort that then it means I retain a spine of the team that I think is good enough to not be hopelessly cut adrift at the bottom of La Liga, they're all good players. To add to that we'll need at least another centre half, some cover at full back, a bit more cover for the two DMs, probably a replacement for Alfaro to play as the #10 and that should be that.

I've so far fended off bids from PSG and Man Utd for Marco Asensio who I've gradually introduced to the team from the U19s post-Christmas, City are interested too, clearly he's going to be very, very handy so no chance is he going if I have anything to do with it. The positive sign is that despite our finances being pretty sickly this season while in Liga Adelante with its piffling TV money, the board didn't force a sale even when United bid £4.6m in January, all up front, before he'd made his first team debut, so that augurs well.

Not to keen on Wolves' new manager but they've gone up.
84nQM.jpg

Jackett jumped ship for Leeds before Christmas on my current save. Replaced by Sean O'Driscoll who missed out on 2nd place on GD and then lost in the playoffs. In my previous save KJ was still at Wolves in 2018.

Had an unbelievable fourth season with Southampton, defending the Premier League we won in 15/16 and adding the League Cup and somehow the Champions League in only our second season in the competition. Our highest points tally was in 14/15 though, and Chelsea beat us to the title, so we're perhaps benefiting from others teams not being at their best. I'd written off a league challenge at Christmas as Man City were on a phenomenal run and around 12 points clear, but they started coming back to us as I reigned in our tactics in the big games which we'd lost at the start of the season, accounting for the points gap.

Just when we were about to overtake them, we were absolutely gubbed 4-0 by Reading in a game that was just about as open as I've ever seen on FM. 14 clear cut chances! I thought we'd blown it as Chelsea had been stalking City too and overtook the both of us with victory that week. Nevertheless, it was Jose's time to bottle it and they did so spectacularly, losing three on the bounce and we hit the summit with just a game to go and then spanked Barnsley on the final day to retain our crown.

No idea how we managed to win the Champions League, beating BVB, Barca, Real and then City in the final!

I don't really have a set XI, but it's roughly around this:

-----------------------------------Akinfeev------------------------------

Chambers----------Shawcross-------------Doria------------Shaw

---------------------------------Schneiderlein-------------------------

--------------------------------Ward-Prowse-------------------------

Gabriel Barbosa-----------------Barkley--------------------Bernard

----------------------------------Aguero------------------------------

Clyne, Balanta, Ben Davies, Ilori, Wanyama, Chalobah, Wijnaldum, J-Rod and Bony all in reserve and a whole host of promising youngsters about to break through.

Managed to grab Chalobah from Chelsea this summer and he goes in with the rest of the British contingent.

Starting a new game with Wolves on FM14. The first thing I did was ask the board for a bigger transfer budget and they upped it from 500K to 18M! Golbourne got injured in the second game of the season so Kortney Hause took his place and has been an ever present since because he's been playing so well.

The increase in budget I'd imagine.

Scromit.

I'd have to Add Manager then resign instantly just to cleanse the club of his cuntitude.

Now my save has corrupted. Gutted. Can't even load an older version without the whole thing crashing.

Ouch. Don't suppose you have Cloud saving enabled?

Turns out there's a restore option on the new game, so I managed to restore it back to a save from yesterday.

FM 2014 is now £8.75 on steam for anyone who hasn't got it.

Signed an unbelievably talented Argentinian regen last summer. He was top scorer is the Copa Libertadores at the age of 18. Sent him off to PSV for the season and after bagging 5 in 5 he's now gone 26 without a goal or an assist.

:icon_lol:

Gave up with FM 14, gone for the best one of the lot CM 01/02, some of the members in the squad may give Deutsch nightmares though...

W90SldH.png

Still the best game of all time

The handheld/ mobile version of FM14 is set out almost exactly the same, with more or less the same match engine too. The cheat formations have been removed though.

Back