• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Update is doing my head in, goalkeepers are just plain retarded now and through balls down the middle = goal a lot! Is there a way I can remove the update or select an older one to play on

No crashes (touch wood!) for me since I bought it mate.

Finished 2nd, lost 6-4 on aggregate in the playoffs to Hednesford. Gutted.

Most of the squad are staying so I have signed a new one year deal and we'll have one last go at getting out of the division.

My Grasshopper Zürich team just got beaten 12-0 by Roma in the Champions League group stages.

My Grasshopper Zürich team just got beaten 12-0 by Roma in the Champions League group stages.

Now thrashed 5-1 by Chelsea and a 2-1 home defeat to the mighty Strømsgodset meant I finished rock bottom with a single point. All going tits up in the league as well. Won the Swiss Super League 3 years out of 5 (finished 3rd twice) and won the Europa League last season but had to sell 3 of my best players in the summer plus Kasami wouldn't accept a new contract and the replacements haven't clicked at all. 6th in the league at the halfway stage.

Got taught a European lesson by Atletico in the last sixteen of the Champions League at the Vicente Calderon. Diego Costa battered us only for Bony to grab a 90th minute goal from nowhere to leave us 3-1 down going back to St.Mary's...

Where we proceeded to exact revenge in the most beautiful way with a comprehensive 3-0 victory and we're now set to face Monaco in the quarters.

League form has taken a hit as a result and we just relinquished top spot to Chelsea, albeit with a game in hand. Frustrating as we were ten points clear going into January but we've thrown away 2-0 leads against City and Spurs in the last five minutes and been gubbed 3-0 by Cardiff in our last three.

Managed to nab Bernard from Shakhtar in January and he's been a mixed bag so far, brilliant one moment then anonymous the next. Still struggling to get Gaston firing on all cylinders too. James Ward-Prowse however is absolutely sublime. I'm going to have to fend off the Manchester clubs in the summer for him.

Finished 2nd, lost 6-4 on aggregate in the playoffs to Hednesford. Gutted.

Same again, but 4-3 on aggregate to Halifax this time.

I think it's time to move on, it might be out of my hands anyway as I promised the board promotion and they've yet to offer me a new deal. Shame because I like some of the lads coming through the Academy (three have been regulars this season and there are another 2-3 I would play next year in all likelihood) but the annual situation of having everyone out of contract, plus never having any money, it's all a bit restrictive and I'm not sure I have the energy to try it all over again. This is a bitch of a league to get out of with only one automatic spot.

Only problem being that I'm not sure how much two 2nd place finishes in the Skrill North will have helped my reputation. I don't want to leave and end up with another club at this level, that would be pointless.

Who am I kidding. One more year :icon_lol: Finally agreed a deal with six days of my contract left to run. They wouldn't budge on the wage structure so they're going to have to settle for lower expectations. This is DEFINITELY my last year in the Skrill North though, whatever happens. Definitely.

Won the Community Shield, FA Cup and Premier League in the third season with Southampton.

Sold Gaston Ramirez and brought in Barkley to add to my English contingent, could sign Zaha too but I'm never taken by players with poor mental stats.

Trying to snatch Aguero too as he's unhappy at missing the Champions League with City. £23m for a 28 year old...

Won the Community Shield, FA Cup and Premier League in the third season with Southampton.

Sold Gaston Ramirez and brought in Barkley to add to my English contingent, could sign Zaha too but I'm never taken by players with poor mental stats.

Trying to snatch Aguero too as he's unhappy at missing the Champions League with City. £23m for a 28 year old...

Back to back promotions with Wolves, winning the league both times! :) Got a really young side, had a bit of a wobble before winning 5 of my last 6 games in the Championship to seal it

Signed Huddlestone, going to get rid of Doumbia. Need a striker and left back - 2015 now, any ideas?

--------------------------------Hennessey------------------------------------

Smith---------------Milosevic--------------Strandberg-----------Robertson

----------------------Wallace-----------------Huddlestone-------------------

Ismail---------------------------Baxter-----------------------------------Sako

-----------------------------------Siggy----------------------------------------

Subs: back up keeper, Batth, O'Brien, Davis, Mellis, Freeman, Cassidy

Back to back promotions with Wolves, winning the league both times! :) Got a really young side, had a bit of a wobble before winning 5 of my last 6 games in the Championship to seal it

Signed Huddlestone, going to get rid of Doumbia. Need a striker and left back - 2015 now, any ideas?

--------------------------------Hennessey------------------------------------

Smith---------------Milosevic--------------Strandberg-----------Robertson

----------------------Wallace-----------------Huddlestone-------------------

Ismail---------------------------Baxter-----------------------------------Sako

-----------------------------------Siggy----------------------------------------

Subs: back up keeper, Batth, O'Brien, Davis, Mellis, Freeman, Cassidy

xEiAUgE.png

My squad going into fourth season

GK: Hennessey, Landreau

RB: Adam Smith, Mark O'Brien
CB: Danny Batth, Stefan Strendberg, Alexander Milosevic, John Souttar
LB: Bryan Ovideo, Andrew Robertson

CM: Michael Carrick, Leon Goretzka, Tom Huddlestone, James Wallace, David Davis
AM: Callum McManaman, Zeli Ismail, Bakary Sako, Adnan Januzaj (loan), Rafinha, Jose Baxter, Stuart Armstrong

FW: Bjorn Sigurdarson, Jelle Vossen, Jake Cassidy

Back