• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

My squad going into fourth season

GK: Hennessey, Landreau

RB: Adam Smith, Mark O'Brien
CB: Danny Batth, Stefan Strendberg, Alexander Milosevic, John Souttar
LB: Bryan Ovideo, Andrew Robertson

CM: Michael Carrick, Leon Goretzka, Tom Huddlestone, James Wallace, David Davis
AM: Callum McManaman, Zeli Ismail, Bakary Sako, Adnan Januzaj (loan), Rafinha, Jose Baxter, Stuart Armstrong

FW: Bjorn Sigurdarson, Jelle Vossen, Jake Cassidy

How did you get Goretzka? I want him for my Soton team.

Was weird, I bid 5m or so for him just as a long shot. They asked for 18m, which I worked down to about 12m or so after add ons. Got pretty lucky really!

After back to back promotions, finished tenth in PL but really should have finished higher. Top 6 isn't out of question this season with the three additions in Carrick, Goretzka, Januzaj. Wouldn't mind a top class centre back, need a bit of a leader there

As you can probably see from the RoJo screenshot I put up, I've left Stalybridge. Did it last night, we were sliding inexorably into mid table and I couldn't see us turning it around, or to what end given that I had no appetite to play a fifth season in the Skrill North. So end of January 2017, resigned in 11th place, about six points off the playoffs. They appointed Matt Hill inside four days and the fucker only went and took them on a run of one defeat to the end of the season and won the playoffs! I like to think of it as vindication of the squad I built.

Unsurprisingly having actually won nothing in all that time (despite a very healthy looking win ratio over a long period) there wasn't much interest around. A couple of other Skrill South/North clubs but the wage budgets on offer were even lower than at Stalybridge so I told them where to go. Loaded up the Scandinavian leagues and I've ended up at some amateur Danish third tier mob. Only a 30 game season so I'll give it a blast. I want to start again - possibly in Liga Adelante - but I don't want to do it until the data update is out (should be in the next couple of weeks), this will have to do to be going on with for the time being.

Started a Dortmund save with an updated database, and so far, Lewandowski has 11 goals in 5 games in the league, I'm really gonna miss him when he joins Bayern next season :(

The new update is out for FM, I think that'll be the last one now bar anything game breaking.

Ace, I can start a new game then.

Okay so just finished 4th season with Wolves - had a shocking start to the season. Rumours of me being under pressure, convinced board to let me sign Adam Maher, we did and him and
Januzaj turned things around and we finished 8th in the end. Got Will Hughes already pretty cheap too - a midfield of Goretzka-Hughes-Maher should be quite exciting.

Ismail was capped for England and scored in a qualifier! And got a couple of youngsters coming through.

Looking for a centre back now - we conceded way too many, over 60!! Just scored loads too. And a striker because Siggy and Vossen kept getting injured.

Okay so just finished 4th season with Wolves - had a shocking start to the season. Rumours of me being under pressure, convinced board to let me sign Adam Maher, we did and him and
Januzaj turned things around and we finished 8th in the end. Got Will Hughes already pretty cheap too - a midfield of Goretzka-Hughes-Maher should be quite exciting.

Ismail was capped for England and scored in a qualifier! And got a couple of youngsters coming through.

Looking for a centre back now - we conceded way too many, over 60!! Just scored loads too. And a striker because Siggy and Vossen kept getting injured.

Have a look at Eder Alvarez Balanta, Doria, Kurt Zouma, Daniele Rugani.

First time I've ever had this happen. Still on FM13 my astute signings of youngsters with huge potential is reaping massive benefits, they've won three consecutive Premier League titles and two consecutive European Cups. There have been some really memorable matches and Ademilson's season before last ended up with him getting 40 league goals. We capped our capacity at 45,000 which I hadn't realised so i asked for a new stadium, this was the response I got.

attachment.php

Nice one Booozy! What's your team like?

Wanderer, all great shouts but all at big clubs sadly! Just sold Siggy for 7m as he had a year left on contract and had reached his potential really.

Nice one Booozy! What's your team like?

I'll get some screenshots later, half of my squad is regens and they're amazing. I started buying young in my first season and training them up and it's working a treat, I thought I'd get bored of winning constantly but I get a buzz out of bringing through young players and turning them into stars. The whole selling at a massive profit is a bonus as well, I think the best deal I had there was signing Mattia Destro on a free, hardly playing him and then selling him to Newcastle for £15m.

Players I do have who aren't regens:
Hennessey (wanker)
Nathan Clyne
Luke Shaw
Danny Batth
Sami Khedira
Stephane El Sharaawy
Coutinho
Romulo
Alessandro Fiorenzi
Will Hughes
Leon Goretzka
Ademilson
Carlos Fierro

Ademilson was insane on 13. I assembled the most ridiculous squad I've ever had on that game.

Want to sell someone? Just bomb them off to PSG who would take virtually anyone half decent.

I had a lot of those players, Booz. Sold most of them on for massive fees at their peak.

Probably starting my new game tonight, Mallorca I think.

Finished 7th in my fifth season (third in Prem). Had defence been half decent would have finished higher. Had a slow start but then gained some consistency and my midfield trio were superb. Unfortunately, all three want off! Every big club you can think of has matched Goretzka's transfer clause (22m) so he is off. Maher and Hughes am fighting to keep too ! Got to spend the 22m on replacements - trying to sign a young defender from Roma and Pugliese who is at United

vedvLmr.png

Hooray!

Hope the board give us some decent cash in the summer, for a start four of our best players are only on loan at the moment.

Have a look at Gabriel Barbosa and Victor Andrade, Dan. Both can be picked up for peanuts from Brazil and whilst I sold Andrade as the offer was too good to turn down, Barbosa is looking fantastic and is really breaking through for me now at Southampton.

Nice one mate. Will take a look tomorrow. Really got to put some serious work into this pre-season, we do have two big TV deals already signed up that kick in as soon as we're in La Liga so hopefully a reasonable amount to spend. If I can get us stable up there for a year or two I don't see why I can't start getting Europa League in the relative short term, providing the board play ball.

Good league that to start in for anyone looking to kick a new game off - there are 5-6 teams you can take over who have a good shout of promotion. I've been playing a deliberately low tempo with the emphasis on possession, seems to work over there. A far cry from the Skrill North!

Just happily stuck Wolves back into the championship with 106 points and 103 goals. Beat that Jackett.

Tiago Ilori is pretty decent too and has been available every season on loan from Liverpool.

Back