• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

The Dean Saunders way of getting a team out of a division or the proper way? :)

Actually managed to sort them out playing half decent stuff, playing narrower in general and using full backs for width, shorter passing. Only lost 3 games from December onwards. 5 points from 7 games so far in the Premier though.

Good stuff mate.

If we don't suffer too badly from injuries then we may well get into the playoffs. Not bad being as they were headed for relegation when I took over at the fag end of last season and I've actually cut spending since.

The finances are fun aren't they? After my first season they cut my wage budget to 4.7k from 5.2k so I had to be really careful with who I signed and cut down to bare minimum staff and had a couple of players on loan but tried to avoid non contract stuff unless they were backups as they can get stolen by other teams whenever. Also managed to use youth players who get paid peanuts as decent squad players due to how low the level is - a couple of them are pretty promising and should go on to be at least good enough for the Skrill Premier.

Yeah, I've got four season long loans in and a three monther, none of them costing a fee or any wages. Got rid of all the deadwood in the summer, if they weren't getting in a relegation battling team then they were of no use to me. Got some very cheap freebies in from Scotland to pad out the squad and we've got 3-4 of the youth intake who I use sparingly, they're good enough at 16 to drop in and out when I need them to. Brentford are after a couple of them, Jens Lehmann is their manager and has been banging on about them in the media a bit.

All good fun, it is restrictive though.

It is, I guess a lot depends on how the reputation of manager and club progress as to whether you can attract players that will improve your squad. My media prediction is 24th this season so if I can stay up hopefully that goes up slightly and makes me a slightly more attractive proposition, at the moment no one in my scout reports will improve my first team - stats wise at least.

Gutted.

We looked set to win the title with ten minutes of the season remaining. Involved in a belter against Villa who were fighting to avoid the last relegation spot, we eventually prevail 3-2 only for 9 man Chelsea to score an 80th minute winner against Spurs to clinch the crown.

Chelsea 87
Southampton 86
Man United 81
Arsenal 78

I'm still stuck playing the iPad version of this due to having no PC at home - although, it is far less time consuming on this version.

Currently in 2019/2020 season and have just guided Union Berlin to their 3rd title in 4 years and followed it up by clinching a League/Cup/Euro treble which I was particularly pleased about. The Bayern job has just come up and I am deciding whether to apply. Mind you, the sqaud I have built is probably better than theirs.

Started a game with Gosport Borough, predicted to finish bottom of Conference South :) Wage budget of 2k a week, woo!

Lost my Wolves save due to my hard drive conking out :( gonna have to start again, not happy.

Does anyone else have the problem that you regularly hit the woodwork three or four times each game?

Sometimes yes. I think there is an update now, so would Henry and Jacobs be at Wolves on it now?

No, database updates are only done after the January window closes. There are tons of unofficial data updates out there!

As for the woodwork thing, before the most recent patch I was having at least one free kick from 25-30 yards hit the bar a game. Not now. Haven't noticed anything abnormal from open play.

I constantly hit the woodwork. Pisses me off no end.

That's free kicks and from open play must be about 3 times a game as well. My main problem at the moment is that it will have 60-70% possession throughout the game and create maybe 20 shots yet only get about 5 on target and score from a set piece rather than open play. My striker misses lots of 1v1s as well.

My striker misses lots of 1v1s as well.

andykeogh_1360852a.jpg

In all seriousness I'd be telling your team to shoot less from range and get your striker on an individual training programme. Hard for me to compare as I indulge in letting the opposition having the ball and playing on the break, we're pretty ruthless.

I think I need to get him on more PPMs to help but that's too much like hard work for me.

It's John Gudietti in the Championship FFS he should be banging them in!

If you will take the Dave Jones approach of "buy these expensive but good players and let them get on with it", be prepared to get Dave Jones returns...

You may have a point...he is cheaper than Doyle though!

Ended up with Bayern, Napoli and Benfica in our Champions League group....

Smash and grab job in Portugal in the last five minutes and we've just smacked Bayern all over the park. Mental.

Back