• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Jackett's just left Wolves to join Blackpool who are nine points from safety in the Championship. Wolves are nineteen clear of third. Nice one, Kenny.

Doing well with Wolves but it's all a little too easy - going to find myself another team to have a go with now.

The update's still not ready as yet and I'm incredibly weak willed, so I've picked it back up again. Made a few tactical tweaks - switched the wide men to play as defensive wingers, got the team playing on the counter, brought in a couple of kids from the U21s to replace established players who were in terrible form and had very low morale, and we've just gone and won 6-0 at 2nd placed Boston.

We picked up strongly in the second half of the season and finished on 50 points.

I've managed to sign Akinfeev and Candreva on free transfers and have signed Matic in midfield and Doria and Sanchez Mino at the back along with a load of highly rated youngsters.

I found it really hard to get my strikers scoring regularly. Osvaldo only scored 8 and Lamber didn't score from open play.

I'm debating whether to sign Yarmolenko as I can get him for £5m, but I'm not exactly desperate for a winger with Ramirez, Candreva, Lallana and Ince on my books. He might be too good to turn down though at that price.

Got to start my game again. My laptop fucked up again and I had to take it back to Knowhow for the sixth time.

Relegation averted comfortably in the end in 15th place. I got 20 points from my 11 games which isn't bad being as we were in the bottom three when I took over. Also finished above Stockport, have that you pricks.

Will probably resign now and either find a new job on this existing save (which isn't going to be that easy as I didn't set my reputation artificially high when I started, and haven't actually really achieved anything) or start a new game entirely, pretty much the entire squad is out of contract in the summer and we won't be able to keep many with the way the finances are.

Started my season in the Championship with a 3-2 loss at Elland road after being 2-0 up, a draw at home and a 5-1 defeat at Stoke. Ouch.

The fullback issue is really annoying, when is the update?

They were hoping it would be done last week but evidently testing showed that fixing one thing had broken another. So, maybe this week, who knows.

Fair enough.

I think I'll hold off starting a new save until it's sorted. No rush really.

Update has now been released (Steam has just automatically done mine).

====

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing
- Fixed rare crash when using edited data
- Fixed rare crash in backroom advice
- Fixed rare freeze when processing

COMPETITIONS
- Prevented teams from entering both Champion & EURO Cups
- Allowed overage players to feature in Swedish Reserve league* (You will need to start a new save for this fix to be in your game)

CONFIDENCE
- Fixed user being sacked for not dropping a player they already sold

PROGRESSION
- Adjusted Free Kick attribute progression

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS
- Lower league players now more willing to negotiate contract renewals

EDITOR
- Prevented IGE use in network game
- Fixed free agents being unable to transfer in IGE
- User can now activate Italian Serie D

MATCH ENGINE v1433
- Some important improvements to the engagement of the ball player with reduced slide tackle count
- Fixed under hit near post corners that caused too many easy chances
- Fixed the worst examples of wild off target shots and passes
- Reduced long shots
- Fixed bug causing some deflections/blocks to be potentially missed
- Reduced directional change on regular player collision avoidance
- Fixed metrification bug causing full back to run to centre of pitch when overlapping
- Fixed bug where keeper storms out too fast when narrowing angle and risks overshooting target point
- Increased fouls at lower levels
- Pushed d-lines ups a bit when ball not in attacking third
- Fixed some headers being directed higher than intended
- Fixed keepers not reaching some obvious balls above their head
- Fixed some instances of players not closing down ball player including at short corner
- Fixed some instances of players not making no-brainer tackle attempt
- Tweaked default cross aim point slightly
- Some further tweaks to kick/header inaccuracy
- Improved player blocking of shots and crosses
- Fixed some minor bugs in ball deflection code
- Some general improvements to engagement of ball player
- Reduced instances of tackles leading to corners
- Some more tackles made in danger situations
- Improved detection of Clear Cut Chances when player behind defence
- Slightly more opportunistic shots taken especially when chasing a goal
- Small tweaks to some shot velocities
- Minor tweak to pass AI reducing any risky short ones under no pressure
- Full backs come a bit deeper to offer keeper pass in 4 man defences when long kicks not instructed
- Reduced instances of keeper handballs outside area
- Fixed red cards being displayed for these handballs outside area
- Stopped players running through nets
- Fix for some issues with high d-lines not positioning correctly
- Fix for some issues with clearing header direction
- Reduced instances of clearance kicks in unrealistic areas
- Fix for keepers not saving some shots dipping and hitting woodwork
- Fix for players not leaving obvious ball for keeper
- Made keepers make use of their area better after catching ball
- Reduced some long shots in deeper central areas
- Fixed some examples of Clear Cut and Half Chances being missed
- Tuned player match ratings

Got promoted on 104 points, and lost in JPT final. Have signed Lee Wallace and Adam Smith, and looking to bring in a quality centre mid (Forshaw from Brentford, who didn't go up?).

Squad looks fairly decent too all round, maybe a winger needed too.

Decided to stick it out with Stalybridge and see how the new patch runs. Definite improvement in transfers/contracts for the very lower league teams, before even Conference teams wouldn't loan anyone out to you and your existing squad almost all told you to do one if you offered a new deal. As a result I managed to keep enough of the old players together, binned off a load of deadwood and bring in a few freebies and loans to bulk the numbers out. Also got Peterborough as our feeder club now although I shall be communicating with Daragh MacAnthony purely by fax machine.

Match engine much better too, nice to see fullbacks actually making tackles rather than letting wingers walk round them 20 times a game.

Wanted to start a game in the lowest league in England so decided to take up this challenge: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363732-dafuge-s-FM14-challenge

Took over Canvey Island and currently 14th after 21 games, 7 points above safety so pretty happy but struggling to get any kind of tactic to work! Also just had to stop playing for the night due to anger at this last minute goal that made me lose to Dorchester - how offside do they both want to be?

bNKM5HA.jpg

Shocker mate!

I had to drop my keeper yesterday after he shanked a clearance straight to an opposition player and got lobbed from 40 yards in successive games. Tough luck for him that it happened just after Peterborough sent me a young keeper who should be far too good for Skrill North...

At this level you are best off setting your tactics to Rigid or Very Rigid - they don't handle creative freedom very well. I play 4-4-2 with the whole back four set to limited and with the wide men in midfield set as wide midfielders against teams I fancy us to beat, defensive wingers against those I don't. One advanced playmaker (who is my best player by miles and won the divisional player of the year last season, delighted we managed to keep him on) and either a ball winner or a box to box man next to him. I'm also gradually integrating in my 18 year old Scottish target man who I signed on a free in the summer. All very utilitarian but if you try to Bielsa your way out of the sixth tier it'll end in tears.

That's pretty much the logic I'm going by at the moment, I've been playing 4-2-3-1, trying to keep everything fairly solid and simple. I play with more attacking out wide but with two ball winning midfielders in the centre to balance it out, if that isn't working I look at 4-4-2 with a target man/poacher combo and more play through the middle, neither seem consistently effective though. I also think it doesn't help that I don't really have an idea who my best players are in midfield especially, all very similiar and no one does much more than anyone else.

Back