• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I bought fm 2014 a few weeks ago as wolves boss and after the first season won the van trophy reached the semi finals of the carling cup and finished as champions of league 1. Got 10 games in to new season and are sitting 2nd in the championship

Just played my FA Cup Second Qualifying Round tie....1-1.

Well, I lost the replay and the following league game. The board call a meeting that I have to attend or I'll be sacked...after a bit of back and forth they say they want me to get 11 points from 5 games. As we'd won a whole one game all season at that point I said it was fine for them to set a target but could it be lower. No dice, sacked there and then. Probably my shortest ever stint at a club on any Football Manager game!

After four months of unemployment and unsuccessful interviews with Sutton, Bath, Albion Rovers and Telford I've finally got the Stalybridge job. We'll see if we can keep them in the division, they're third bottom with 11 games to go.

The difficulty curve definitely seems to be fairly steep this year (unless, of course, you take over someone with a squad and budget far too talented/big for the division, like say, Wolves ;) ) and I also suffered from what seems to be a common issue with the game as it stands, the full backs tend to continually get awful ratings, no matter what their ability.

Ouch that seems pretty harsh!

Can't say I've had the same problem with the full backs although my CM's constantly get ratings of about 6.7 which is pretty annoying. I still haven't had a proper 'session' on it yet only get half an hour here or there. Need a good night on it to get things moving.

I've had the full back issue too, Dan.

Luke Shaw was averaging 4.5 after five games!

Starting a game up now! If I disappear for a while...

In so far: Dean Parrett, James Henry, Tiago Ilori (loan)

Out: Johnson, Elokobi, Stearman.

First day of the season, 4-0 win at Preston. Siggy and Griffiths with two each!

Well finally got FM14. Playing as Wolves and only using the players Wolves actually have. Sold Johnson and I've managed to bring in Henry and Jacobs. Through pre-season and have Won at Preston 3-2 and Bristol City 2-1 as well as a 1-0 win at home vsGillingham. Lost at home to Stevenage 0-2 in the League cup!

What formation you playing? I'm using a 442, attacking but trying to play out from back. Siggy and Griffiths my main forwards, surprised by how good Cassidy is on this though

Been trying to get Oliver Norwood in for ages now, I had a bid accepted but then realised I didn't have enough yet. After I moved Stearman and Elokobi on I went back in but can't agree a fee. Annoying because he is used best as deep lying playmaker and that's what I'm looking for ! (Dean Parrett doing a decent job there at the moment mind)

Well, I lost the replay and the following league game. The board call a meeting that I have to attend or I'll be sacked...after a bit of back and forth they say they want me to get 11 points from 5 games. As we'd won a whole one game all season at that point I said it was fine for them to set a target but could it be lower. No dice, sacked there and then. Probably my shortest ever stint at a club on any Football Manager game!

After four months of unemployment and unsuccessful interviews with Sutton, Bath, Albion Rovers and Telford I've finally got the Stalybridge job. We'll see if we can keep them in the division, they're third bottom with 11 games to go.

The difficulty curve definitely seems to be fairly steep this year (unless, of course, you take over someone with a squad and budget far too talented/big for the division, like say, Wolves ;) ) and I also suffered from what seems to be a common issue with the game as it stands, the full backs tend to continually get awful ratings, no matter what their ability.

Ouch, that's a bit harsh! I like the way it came about though I haven't ever seen that kind of meeting come up before. When I finish/get bored/get sacked from Wolves my next save (on the full game) will be with a team in the Conference North/South, I haven't given it a proper go down there for a while.

Oh and the full backs thing happens to me, not awful ratings but rarely above 6.5.

What formation you playing? I'm using a 442, attacking but trying to play out from back. Siggy and Griffiths my main forwards, surprised by how good Cassidy is on this though

Been trying to get Oliver Norwood in for ages now, I had a bid accepted but then realised I didn't have enough yet. After I moved Stearman and Elokobi on I went back in but can't agree a fee. Annoying because he is used best as deep lying playmaker and that's what I'm looking for ! (Dean Parrett doing a decent job there at the moment mind)

If you're a bit patient you might get a nice cash injection around christmas time to help you out - that's what happened on my save (albeit on classic mode)

I'll look forward to that hopefully happening then :D

Pretty pleased with my squad overall though to be honest. I have enough for now!

Yep 4-4-2. Henno, Doherty, Stears, Batth, Ricketts; Henry, McD, Davis, Sako; Siggy and Griff
Siggy is pretty good and so is Cassidy...Doyle not so much! Playing a passing game and using the wingers.
Just beat Crawley 2-1 at home with Sako getting both

My best signing so far has been Grant Leadbitter on loan from Boro.

6 games in and he has scored 3 goals and got 6 assists.

9 points from 3 games, 4-0, 3-1, 3-1 so far!

5 out of 5 for me but I can't keep a clean sheet. four 2-1 wins on the bounce (one of them against Sheff Utd in the JPT) and the fans complaining about me persisting with Griffiths who has 1 goal and 1 assist

Knocked Fulham out of the cup! 100% so far, and finally signed Norwood!

Back