• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

My season is very similar to real life at the moment. Just beat Carlisle 4-1 to go top on 34 from 15 games. Scoring a lot and defence is pretty good except for 2 games in a row that ended 4-4 and 4-3.

Opposite problem to Nando with Stockport. We can defend but we're laughably uncreative. With no spare money even for loanees or non-contract players, no interest in any of my players to generate funds and no youth team I'm going to have to Megson my way out of the Skrill North.

I guess a lack of creativity/quality is to be expected in the Skrill North!

I keep getting more and more high scoring games. 3-3 draw in the FA cup with Rotherham followed by a 5-5 draw in the replay! It's not the worst problem in the world but it's so hard to keep a clean sheet when you go 2/3 goals up. If you stay the same you get bombarded but go more defensive and you get bombarded also. I've already lost loads of 2 goal leads and 3 goal leads when the opposition just become awesome and nothing I do makes a difference.

I've asked the board for more money - the club has over £500k in the bank and we're projected to have £750k by the end of the season, with a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £0 - and they said they feel the current structure (just under £6k a week for the entire squad) is sufficient. I'm not asking the earth you fools, an extra £50k a year would do, we can obviously afford it. Decided not to push them too hard too early though. They have at least agreed to go looking for a parent club.

Things are starting to go wrong all of a sudden, lost 2 and drawn 1 of the last 6 in the league and stopped being able to score or control games at all for no apparent reason, only 4 points off the top sitting in 3rd atm but need to find a solution.

Sounds good!

nRTMdDc.png

So who are your own personal Jamie O'Hara and Roger Johnson going to be? :)

Got a consistent Cracovia team going:
aDy4EGP.png

Low and behold the next game finished like this:
BIn75OB.png

This is going to take a LOT of getting used to! Only just started, need to work out what to do with all this abysmal morale and get all these players to match fitness in the friendlies too... :)

I have never in 20 years set a password on my game so I have no idea on that one :icon_lol:

If I were you I would get your assistant to take control of the friendlies, you won't learn much by controlling them yourself, it will just be a lot of time spent for no reward. Use the time to become more familiar with the interface (which even as a hoary old veteran I can say is pretty busy in this version) and sort out your transfer targets.

Ordered this earlier from simplycdkeys. Been nearly an hour and a half and still no code.

I used them and got mine within 10 minutes. Maybe they've had an issue?

I'll give it till 1 then I shall phone them. I sent an e-mail asking them if they have had any problems but no reply to that also.

I have never in 20 years set a password on my game so I have no idea on that one :icon_lol:

If I were you I would get your assistant to take control of the friendlies, you won't learn much by controlling them yourself, it will just be a lot of time spent for no reward. Use the time to become more familiar with the interface (which even as a hoary old veteran I can say is pretty busy in this version) and sort out your transfer targets.

Didn't even know you could do that! Well since Golbourne's gone and got himself injured for 3-4 months after a friendly win over the U21's a new left-back is in order!

We're shite. Gubbed by Cardiff and Hull now too.

So ineffective in the final third and Boruc has been chucking them in.

Am on the lookout for a left-back and a defensive midfielder.,..

Loan deals? Frimpong maybe for defensive midfielder :D

Finally got the code. Only took 4 and a half hours.

Now I'm downloading it.

Back