• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

FM14 beta is out now if anyone has pre-ordered it.

I will get the full game for the first time since 2010, but given that it's only two weeks until it's released (and there are ALWAYS issues with it when it first comes out and it needs patching to hell) I'll wait it out a bit.

For the first time in a while I don't feel the need to get this right away, will probably get it nearer christmas.

A trick for anyone who wants to play the beta for free..

Pre-order it on Amazon UK, they email you the promotional beta code, input it on steam, cancel amazon order. Voila!

Just had this pop up on the beta..

qC82oQp.png

stealing a living! what's it like? I started as Wolves in D1 using the update someone had made on fm13 and lost in the playoff final after coming 3rd by a 2 points as i had a terrible start and nearly got sacked. Sheff Utd won the div by about 9 points! unrealistic game...

At least his wage demands have dropped.. It's really good, people are saying it's not that different, but for me, the things that are different, are what makes it so much better this year. I tried to do a Wolves one, but our squad is so small and once you get rid of RoJo and Hollywood, and other dross, you're not left with much of a squad unless you bring in a lot of loans ala Stoke in their promotion year I think it was. Ahh man that's harsh, who'd you lose in the play offs to? Sheff Utd and winning a division don't really go together.

I did have a Spurs save, was 2nd in the league going into March, then I suffered a crash which because I didn't have auto save on, I lost about 2-3 months progress, I just couldn't carry on after that, deleted the save, I now have a Saints save.

Bristol City, really frustrating season, I shifted out Doyle, Johnson and a host of others and brought in Billy McKay, and then John Bostock on a free. I kept O'Hara but he wasn't anything special. I couldn't string a run of results together until I went 442, I have to play ultra attacking at home as everyone seemed to sit back against me however I couldn't beat any other teams that didn't play 442. Regardless of what I try I always seem to lose. I battered City in the final and they beat me 3-2, all 3 on counter attacks.

Playing the demo now. It's bloody lovely.

Just gone through the tutorial stages - does Watford beating some obscure team 6-0 means I'm a natural at this?? :D

They have not done all the transfers. Henry is still at Millwall :(

I don't even know why I try and kid myself, downloaded it on release day for £23 which is pretty good really. Started a wolves game on classic mode to see what it's like as I ignored it on 13. Seems pretty good so far, it's bloody lovely not having constant press conferences and not needing to worry about team talks. I think over time I will find things I am missing out on and will more than likely start a lengthier full game save at some point but it's good at the moment. New match engine looks much better graphically than last years.

Frustratingly as mentioned above, Henry isn't a Wolves player and actually signed for Blackpool pretty quickly for £1m on my save. I got rid of Elokobi and Johnson as quickly as possible, O'Hara is out for 6 months I think when the game starts (he is for me anyway) and Evans and Price are pretty crap and have low potential so midfield is quite weak. Signed a Southampton winger on loan and David Bentley (lol) on a free. Definitely need to find a centre back to cover Batth/Stearman as the rest are pretty rubbish and Ricketts is listed as a left back?!

Downloading it now. What is the point in kidding myself that I'm going to hold off for a bit, I'm clearly not.

I started a game as Derby on the demo, might as well continue with that.

Changed my mind as I remembered that the demo only allowed you to load one nation at a time. I need more than that in case I get my trademark wanderlust. Don't want to go overboard on my first go so just England, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany and Spain loaded for now, that should be sufficient.

It's time to rescue Stockport from the depths of the Skrill North. £200 a week spare in the wage budget...

I've succumbed too. I really shouldn't have as I was still happy with my Wolves save on 13 but that's been consigned to the wasteland of my computer.

Started as Southampton and I'm going to try and build a squad of young English players to go with Clyne, Shaw, Chambers, Lallana and Ward Prowse who all look excellent.

I've brought in Danny Batth as he's always very good on the game and he was a pittance at 800k. I couldn't resist Ricky Alvarez at £3m either, even if it goes against my English mantra. We've therefore got a very tidy squad who should be able to push comfortably into the top half.

I've got my eyes on Max Clayton as my scouts are drooling over him.

Tried to get Clayton but Liverpool nabbed him as soon as I was making an offer :(

Oh and DW - you can add and remove nations/leagues as you go along now so you might be able to add nations to that demo save.

Changed my mind as I remembered that the demo only allowed you to load one nation at a time. I need more than that in case I get my trademark wanderlust. Don't want to go overboard on my first go so just England, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany and Spain loaded for now, that should be sufficient.

It's time to rescue Stockport from the depths of the Skrill North. £200 a week spare in the wage budget...

Very impressive challenge Dan.

Anybody else think players have been downgraded a lot? Bayern look worse than last year!

Haven't inspected too much Nando so can't comment. Do you have Lloyd Isgrove at Southampton btw? He's the guy I signed on loan and he's scored 7 in 9 games from the left wing so far.

Yeh, but he's out on loan.

Only played three league games so far and my defence has had a Weston-Super. Four against Newcastle, five against City. Scored a few though but they've been in vain as the game was already over. Managed to beat Palace 3-1 though.

Back