• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

GK came out deep to collect a through ball, defender immediately made a bad pass, other team shoots from behind the halfway point on the far right side before GK could get back. I couldn't help but laugh.

index.php

Dunno why but this made me laugh:

Middle East scouting update
The Palestine national team are currently ranked 197th and their main rivals are Israel.

Starting 2018/19 and we're struggling. We're top of the league after six games but have been very very lucky and beaten in both Champions League games so far. Can't seem to create anything.

Just wrapped up my best season so far. First time in Europe, FA Cup final (lost), Capital Cup final (won), Euro semi-final (lost), 8th in the division. Finished 5th the previous year but the other stuff makes up for it.

Board and fans riding my ass for it, unbelievable. 12th richest club in the world, competing for trophies, playing in a continental competition, amazing young talent brought in, massive money brought in from sales, salary only 800k a year, club started out in blue square south...

Shambolic performance in Europe and we're out in the group stage. Not happy.

Just scored a goal and the game hasn't recognised it. WTF?

EDIT: Just scored again and the game's still saying I'm 1-0 down.

Must be the FIFA goalline technology glitch.

Bizarre. Give the team talk and then I've won 3-1.

3-0 up against Man United in the FA Cup with 20 to go, ballsed it up and finished 3-3. Onto the replay, 5-0 down at HT. Can't remember the last time I've been gubbed that badly on FM.

Won the Euro Cup, FA Cup, and finished 3rd. Nice! ManU won the league (again), 96 points. Makes me quite happy that both times we played ended 2-2, helping prevent them from hitting 100.

Anyone have success setting up a good youth system? How is it all the top sides get these random awesome 15 y/o foreign regens into their U18 squads?? Or is that not something we the player are supposed to be able to replicate?

Jesus, OL have tried to buy at least 6 of my players this transfer window. And not random crap players, they've probably put together $200m worth of offers. Trying to buy half my first team basically!

Fuck off Frenchies.

I've had that with Spurs, they're after all of my wingers.

Won the league for the third consecutive year in 18/19 and managed to win the Europa League after our CL group stage knock out.

Oscar has decided he wants out, I've turned down £45m already but I'm not going to get that now he's thrown his toys out of the pram. He's my highest earner and isn't as indispensable as he was last season so I'll try to reinvest the money and may switch to a 4-4-2 for the majority of our games as we have brilliant central midfield options.

Oscar's gone for £47.5m to Barca, El Sharaaway is off to Spurs for £35m, Fierro to PSG for £25m then I've sold a very good regen who just didn't fit in anywhere (signed for £8m the season before) for £17m to Marseille as well as Will Hughes, Fede Vico and a couple of others I've developed that aren't going to make my XI for another £25m.

I can easily continue without replacing any of them and that should sort my finances out for a long time.

I really need to stop playing this crap... it's such a timesink. Am 15 seasons in now, have something like 800 hours logged in Steam (though I'm sure a fair chunk of that was with it idle in the background).

Can you not always set international instructions? My GK was called up for a freaking friendly during my CL final. No option to set instructions and the jackass won't withdraw himself.

Arrrgh won 4/5 trophies... so close.

I guess I'll continue talking to myself with some screenshots... Have a number of promising players coming through the ranks but thought I'd share a few of my best.

Been my main striker since he was 17

2027_st_ruyales.jpg

All of my strikers are fast poacher types, bought this guy to become my TM/support.

2027_st_ricardo.jpg

Been developing since he was 16, stats skyrocketed every season and are already leveling out at 20.

2027_cm_martinez.jpg

No idea what I'm going to do with the 7-8 DM's I have...

2027_dm_link.jpg

2027_dm_silvio.jpg

2027_dm_thiago.jpg

Beast, going to be the best gk in the game.

2027_gk_negret.jpg

Some fantastic prospects there - at least the 7/8 DMs you have will generate you some good income!

I'll stick some screenies up later. I don't have many 17/18 year olds at the moment but have a lot of 20-21 year olds who've developed with me.

I sold over £200m worth of talent last summer!

Back