• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Defended our Champions League crown, along with the title and everything else barring the League Cup.

Atleti have just offered me £40m for Wanyama. I'm going after Wilshere to try and have a midfield of Chalobah, Wilshere, Ward-Prowse, Barkley and Powell!

Wolves just won the Championship with Andy Keogh and David Wheater up top. Remarkable scenes with big Dave's finishing stat of 6.

They're now on a huge transfer spree, signing vast quantities of absolute dross.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fmnutters-2014-transfer-update.html

Just downloaded that update, seems pretty comprehensive, Saville is at Wolves etc and all the promotions/relegations have been done.

Taken over Portsmouth, their finances are pretty reasonable and the squad should be good enough to challenge straight away in L2. My Mallorca game got abandoned a couple of months ago and I've been waiting for the real life window to close before starting again.

Got them up into La Liga at the first attempt, only to then find that the board were withholding funds to the point where I couldn't even renew/permanently sign all of the loanees I had in the Segunda. So I'm competing a division higher with a weaker squad than I started with, and not even any money to bring in freebies and loans. I was about a dozen games in, hovering above the bottom three - just wasn't any fun so binned it.

That's frustrating! Portsmouth should be a decent challenge though. I've recently started playing my Wolves save again, currently hovering around the bottom half of the Premier League in my third season after back to back promotions - Siggy is WAY overrated! Struggled to get really into a save on this version though, I've started about 4 that have only got 1 season in each before I stopped playing.

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fmnutters-2014-transfer-update.html

Just downloaded that update, seems pretty comprehensive, Saville is at Wolves etc and all the promotions/relegations have been done.

Taken over Portsmouth, their finances are pretty reasonable and the squad should be good enough to challenge straight away in L2. My Mallorca game got abandoned a couple of months ago and I've been waiting for the real life window to close before starting again.

Got them up into La Liga at the first attempt, only to then find that the board were withholding funds to the point where I couldn't even renew/permanently sign all of the loanees I had in the Segunda. So I'm competing a division higher with a weaker squad than I started with, and not even any money to bring in freebies and loans. I was about a dozen games in, hovering above the bottom three - just wasn't any fun so binned it.

Dan, being useless with all this technology crap...Once I've downloaded the update how do I sync it to my FM14 game?

Once you have it downloaded, put it in here:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data\

(Create the folder editor data if it doesn't exist)

Then when you start a new game, when selecting the database it'll say something like "1 editor data file (1 enabled)" and it'll all be up to date.

It obviously won't work for any saved games.

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data\

Then when you start a new game, when selecting the database it'll say something like "1 editor data file (1 enabled)" and it'll all be up to date.

Cheers Dan, I'll give it a go and it saves money on FM15 :D

Cheers squire. New game being loaded up

Don't update anything Kenny. It'll ask you to download and install 242. You lose all the little gems.

Sign To Maderia immediately..

That may have well have been written in Spanish!

242?
Gems?
Maderia?

(I downloaded it but Harry Redknapp didn't suggest a new formation or offer me biscuits coated with icing or cake)

[Google Translate]Ower Jase buys lots of cheat players on a very old game...[/Google Translate]

To Madeira is the made up wonderkid that someone snuck into one of the early Championship Managers isn't he? Managed to get it in the actual release :D

Btw has anyone read 'Football Manager stole my life'? Pretty good read for anyone who loves the game.

Someone got a fake wonder kid in a couple of editions back too. He was deleted in the update.

To Madeira is the made up wonderkid that someone snuck into one of the early Championship Managers isn't he?

Indeed,CM 01/02

Ah back when life as a manager was so much easier.When big players retired a super regen was normally made with the same surname. :)

Someone got a fake wonder kid in a couple of editions back too. He was deleted in the update.
Anybody remember the first every Championship manager wonderkid... Ill give you all a chance to guess...

2hdv2v6.jpg

Just to compete with Quirk. Won Conference, Division 3, Division 2 and then second in Division 1 in successive seasons. Then finished second in the Premier League just missing out to Arsenal.

It's an easy game to win in but there's something about it that makes me want to play it. Plus I made the tactic!

So how many are playing this game. ? I just wonder if we can have a To Madeira competition. Who can get him to score the most in a season...

hahaha I used to buy him but I tend not to now because then it's too easy. I've had him get 70 once though

Back