• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Popping in to asda to get it on my way home. Looking forward to trying it out.

CD keys has it for just under £20 with 5% FB discount.

Bought it a few days ago from CD Keys and paid the extra fiver for the beta access, not worth it really but I'm a twat like that. The 'new' match engine is fucking awful. Some nice new features though.

"Don't buy Football Manager 2015"

All the tedious,boring,frustrating stuff's been magnified according to a review here.I wasn't planning on buying it anyway but there it is.Just one person's opinion. :)

What's up with the ME, Booz?

I won't be buying it again if that's the case. I've got fed up of 2014 largely because the ME was doing my head in.

I won't be bothering, getting the new one every single year is unnecessary unless there are fundamental game breaking issues in the existing one (not as far as I'm concerned) or there are significant major changes in the new release (there aren't sufficient ones to make it worth it this time). Everything in my FM14 game was up to date as of the end of the last window and I don't think it'll be hard to source updates over the course of the season if I decide I need to start an entire new career.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Really like the changes to scouting. You have to do a full scouting job over a period of time to really get the full info on the player.

What's up with the ME, Booz?

I won't be buying it again if that's the case. I've got fed up of 2014 largely because the ME was doing my head in.

It's just utter gash. I didn't see much of FM14, I played about twelve matches all told so I don't know if it's comparable although it doesn't look the same. I've listed a few things I've spotted so far below.

• Players run backwards.
  • Players run really slowly to balls close to them allowing opposition players who were miles away to get there first.
  • Players run with their arms sticking out like they're in full sleeve casts.
  • Passing is woeful and completely inconsistent. Balls will suddenly slow down for no apparent reason leaving passes coming up miles short.
  • In 'Main Stand' view you can't see the near touchline for about twenty yards either side of the halfway line, it disappears behind the match progress bar. You can't see anything happening down there.
  • Weird goals. I had James Henry score a twenty-five yarder and took me a few seconds to realise what had happened. It shouldn't have gone in but it did, I still don't know how. I'll upload it to YouTube.
  • It's really hard to tell where the ball is going when shots are taken, whether the ball has gone high or wide.

There's probably more but I can't remember it off the top of my head. And injuries seem worse than ever.

"Don't buy Football Manager 2015"

All the tedious,boring,frustrating stuff's been magnified according to a review here.I wasn't planning on buying it anyway but there it is.Just one person's opinion. :)

Where's the review?

Lee Evans seems to score quite a few blinding goals in FM2015. I was just offered a solution to my striking crisis. El Hadj Diouff.

Think I will pass...

Where's the review?

It is a Norwegian one...

Bullet points:Scouting horrible (scouts should know something about known players before/without scouting),endless press conf and interviews,players constantly moaning having to be talked to...
long ball on the wing and cross to tall player who scores way too often.

Like I said just one man's opinion,he's played alot of every incarnation tho.

I think the scouting is fucking brilliant. Miles better. Let's face it, if you are after a known player you really don't need to get a scouting report beyond the very first one at most. For assessing youth prospects or bringing players in on trial it is absolutely great.

I think the scouting is $#@!ing brilliant. Miles better. Let's face it, if you are after a known player you really don't need to get a scouting report beyond the very first one at most. For assessing youth prospects or bringing players in on trial it is absolutely great.

I don't know what to say...he's apparently a Liverpool fan? :)

Well then he is obviously a wankspangle and a cockwomble and should be ignored. Or possibly switched to within an inch of his life.

Well then he is obviously a $#@!spangle and a cockwomble and should be ignored. Or possibly switched to within an inch of his life.

You're in a good mood tonight! ;) Genocide again? :)

I LIKE genocide....*

*this is not serious. Think of the queue to get signed up by Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles where the bloke is asked what his crimes are.

"Rape, Arson, Cattle Rustling, and Rape"
"You said rape twice"
"I like rape"

I was just offered a solution to my striking crisis. El Hadj Diouff.

Think I will pass...

Nicky Maynard on loan, Adriano on a free.

I think the scouting is fucking brilliant. Miles better. Let's face it, if you are after a known player you really don't need to get a scouting report beyond the very first one at most. For assessing youth prospects or bringing players in on trial it is absolutely great.

The scouting is much, much better. It's actually enjoyable now.

Back