• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

You got into Europe whilst in the Championship? Bloody good effort!

OK, I'm in my sixth overall so that would explain why my squad is looking how it is and regens aren't piling into your game yet!

My team in the third season was along the lines of

--------------------------Hennessey--------------------

???----------Johnson---------Benatia-------Ostrzolek

Vico---------Odjidja---------O'Hara-----------Sako

---------------------Wellington Nem-----------------

---------------------Ademilson----------------------

We struggled in that season too, so don't panic yet! Going through our team sheet from that season probably explains why we weren't great, I appeared to have no idea what our strongest XI was.

No I finished sixth in the Prem and got into Europe.. ha

Yeah, I'm still trying to work out my strongest team to be honest. Surprised you still had O'Hara as he is shocking on my game

Thought i might aswell get involved in this thread, in my third season with Wolves after winning the play offs and then finishing 12th in my first season in the premier league although i was 6th at half way. Had crippling injuries after xmas both years and struggled to pick up wins but good starts meant decent seasons, currently 5th after 10 games in the 3rd season.

Team for my last game was:

---------------------------Hennessey------------------------

Jallet--------------Johnson--------Burdisso------------Willems

--------------------Kisliak------------Pogba---------------------

Sako------------------------Honda-----------------------Powell(loan)

----------------------------Welbeck-----------------------------

Subs were: Großkreutz(loan), De Ceglie, Sigurdarson, Blaszczykowski(loan), Dempsey, Simao, Gardner.

Jesus, I'm having a shocker!

O'Hara went in the January of my third season and yes he was predominantly shit.

You've achieved more than I did at that stage, I only played in Europe in our fifth season!

Haha! Ah right, wondered if I was making a mistake getting rid of him or something.

What's your whole squad?

I signed Oscar and El Sharaaway in the January of my third season so keep a look out. They're the reason we won the league last year.

Keepers: Hennessey, Jaaskelainen (loan)

Right Backs: Wallace, Foley

Centre Backs: Bell, Johnson, Batth, Stearman

Left Backs: Planas, Garrido

Centre midfielders: Doumbia, M'Vila, Simao, Iborra, Chantome, Hughes, Adryan

Wingers: Wijnaldum, Drage, Lennon, Moses, Sako

Forwards: Ademilson, Sigurdarson

Nice!

Adryan is looking immense on my save now, worth over £15m. Very nice collection of central midfielders.

Siggy is tearing it up with Norwich too, they're a very decent team.

Adryan has barely featured for me, only young but no one will take him on loan in the Championship! Got another good centre midfielder called Secondini, doing well on loan at Forest.

May give Siggy a run as Ademilson is struggling a bit lately. Had Guidetti on loan last season and was immense but couldn't get him again.

I signed Guidetti in our third Prem season after he was immense for Newcastle but he was abysmal for me. How much did he go for?

He's still at City, so I'll be going in for him again. They wouldn't let me loan him and I didn't have the funds to buy him.

Thinking about it, if I stay interested in this game in a few years time I will have an immense squad.

Spent a fair bit in summer, only got 300k available and spending nearly 800k a week on wages

Just signed Luke Shaw though. 200k up front with other installments and 1m if he makes fifty appearances.

And Christophe Berra just scored against me ... brilliant

This game is bullshit, Keogh has played 180 games for Milwalll scoring 120 goals, and Doyle just finished top goalscorer in the prem.

On another note, I made the playoffs with Cardiff and lost to Wigan. Hoping to build on my squad for next season. Bought Guidetti in Januray but was injured most of the season with a broken collarbone.

Keogh has always been fantastic on FM. He scores tonnes wherever he goes.

Coming to xmas and I'm still struggling, really strange. Putting it down to Europe but really can't get going in the league.

Coming to xmas and I'm still struggling, really strange. Putting it down to Europe but really can't get going in the league.

Are you rotating your squad? Could just be that they're knackered/lacking match fitness, especially if they're playing in the week and on the weekend.

Nice work T3ch, definitely going to have a go with a lower club as my next game, maybe Borehamwood.

This is my first real go at a non-wolves team. Kinda boring doing the same thing over, so I went for the least valuable, lowest funded team in England (Gloucester). I didn't feel like going so far as loading up Division 51234 like some people here, but as far as the stock game goes that's about as bad as you can get. I remember seeing Boreham in the BSBN! They're still wallowing in the basement leagues in my save.

It's a lot more fun than just playing with Wolves (even though now at least Wolves have the championship challenge). Unfortunately it's more challenging than it should be at points... Even in League 1 I still had average attendance of barely 3000, so there's no money (most other teams were 3x higher). Had to build my stadium up to meet Championship regulations, but still sitting on terrible facilities and a 70k payroll budget. The most I can offer a player is 3.6k/w. Going to get annihilated this season.

Back