• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Click FM in the top right hand corner and it's towards the bottom of the drop down menu.

Got it, is same as yours so must have done it itself. Cheers

No problem.

This isn't the squad update though.

First year in league 1, was in first by 6 points with 3 games in hand 20 games in... somehow in the last few weeks the team has gone to crap and I'm sitting 10 points out with equal played. sigh.

Well then, time to update my antics since I last posted.

I'm still playing the same game, I finised 8th in my first season with Havant and Waterlooville. Halfway through my second season when we were towards the top I got the job at AFC Wimbledon.

They wanted me to gain promotion, even though they where 18th when I took over. It never happened and I resigned before I got sacked. I then got the job at Forest Green After finishing 18th before I joined, I transformed the team with loan signings. We managed to win the Blue Square Premier.

Went up to League 2 and after 15 games we had won 10 and drawn 5 only letting in 3 goals. Started to slowly let a few in and went from 1st to 3rd when Cardiff offered me the job in the Championship. Just took over and won my first game 4-0.

Good effort, that, and well done Nando on winning the title of first person to win the Premier League with Wolves (On FM13).

I've managed to get myself sidetracked thanks to DW's earlier post and started a game with Faversham Town in the 8th tier - Regional Div 1 south or something. Going pretty well, predicted 15th, board want mid table I'm 8th after 12 games. Hardly had any players on the books so signed about 20 odd so far, lots on non-contract terms so can go at anytime for better offers. Decided to go for a solid 4-4-2 direct approach and hassle the opposition defenders into mistakes which seems to work quite well.

Quite a sad day... Wolves just offered me a job. Personal wage 60x higher, 100x transfer budget, 6x payroll, higher league.... *hits reject button, single tear*

Amazing... won my first season in league 1, 3rd time in a row to get first-bid promotion. Not sure how I've managed to pull that off, but I imagine I'll be in the Championship for 2-3 before going up.

Had a mid-season slump bit ended the season with a 17 non-losing streak, only lost two in the last 25 or so (all competitions). Guaranteed promotion with 5 games left. Also won the Johnstone Trophy. Nice work, boys.

After 8 games in the league I have six points just above the relegation zone. Wonder if I signed too many players in the summer, my first eleven is certainly much better than last season!

Nice work T3ch, definitely going to have a go with a lower club as my next game, maybe Borehamwood.

What's your team? I won the league after virtually no changes the summer before.

Hennessey

Wallace/Foley
Johnson
Bell/Batth
Garrido

M'Vila
Doumbia
Iborra

Lennon
Ademilson
Wijnaldum

Drage and Chantome feature a lot too, Will Hughes playing more often too.

I've got hold of Champ Man 01/02 with an updated database, should be good for a few less "involved" games. Haven't decided who to be yet - possibly Atletico Madrid.

01/02 is the best version! Sako is pretty shite in the update though.

What season are you in now YW? Fourth?

Is that a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1?

I think you could be more ambitious with your transfer targets. I check the transfer list weekly as quality players all come up for grabs and you can snare a bargain at times.

Do you have any good regens? Scouting seems to be miles better on this version and I managed to grab two Portuguese defenders for basically nothing and they're going to be immense.

Screenies on the way...

Third.

A 4-3-3 with the midfielders like this

----------M'Vila-----------

Doumbia--------Iborra

Had two decent regens come through and got two really good young French players that I signed too.

Just won in the league for first time in while, Wijnaldum last double got me a win against Villa.

Third season in the Premier League?

Iborra from Levante/Sevilla? I'd want some extra attacking threat in that midfield. Iborra and M'Vila look really similar to me. I like Chantome, I had him on loan in 13/14 and he was great, scored a few for me. Will Hughes is doing well for me now too.

How much money do you have?

I'm in 2017 at the moment with Wolves. 2nd in the PL last two seasons (though never really in the title race) and have won a League Cup and runner up in the FA Cup.

My reserves and u18s are phenomenally talented boys, going to rip Europe apart in a few years' time.

..................Samir Handanovic

Rodolfo Esposito - Nicoal Pikel - Pauko - Juan Sanchez Mino
.........................Rene Hoyos
...............Stefan Zander.....Sedattin Yildirim
Bujica.............................................Raheem Sterling
........................Ademeilson

No outfield player over 24 in my best match day squad, when they improve to their potential we're going to be ridiculous.

I'm in September 2017. I've got nothing in my U18's and I've pretty much abandoned the reserve team too. I try and sign a few each year, if they're good enough they stay in my squad, if not they go out on loan.

Are any of them real apart from Handanovic, Mino, Sterling and Ademilson?

Mino is at Stoke on my game and I've had my eye on him for a while. Left back is probably my weakest spot with Ostrzolek and Clyne, who is really a right back but I can't find anything that's a real improvement.

Third season in the Premier League?

Iborra from Levante/Sevilla? I'd want some extra attacking threat in that midfield. Iborra and M'Vila look really similar to me. I like Chantome, I had him on loan in 13/14 and he was great, scored a few for me. Will Hughes is doing well for me now too.

How much money do you have?

No third season overall!

Iborra is injured and I've moved Drage inside with Winjnaldum as an inside forward on the left, seems to be working better.

Chantome is a good player too!

Back