• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Just had to resist the urge to throw my laptop out of the window. A week after deservedly beating City at home I play Millwall at home who have 5 or 6 of Wolves rejects in their side, I swear sometimes the game pre-decides you're not going to win - team played shit for no apparent reason, nothing I changed made any difference, apparently long shots 'rarely' means 'attempt at least 12 long shots each half'. Lost 2-1 to 25 yarders from Malone and sodding Karl Henry. Wtf?

Even putting them on rarely, some players will just shoot to their hearts content... choosing 'work ball into the box' helps cut down.

Finished 6th first season back, not bad. Aaron Lennon joining and hopefully bolster my defence.

Spent a bit of money now, brought in Wijnaldum, Lennon and Chantome to bolster my midfield/attack. Want to improve defence but don't want to spend a stupid amount on anyone.

Spent a bit of money now, brought in Wijnaldum, Lennon and Chantome to bolster my midfield/attack. Want to improve defence but don't want to spend a stupid amount on anyone.

What positions in defence? Or just any?

left back mainly, an English one preferably too. A really top centre back would be good but Stearman, Bell, Johnson and Batth will do for now

I'm struggling to find any quality at left back. Clyne plays there for me occasionally.

Started well in our fifth season, fighting it out at the top.

Did you keep Batth? He looks decent at the moment, not great passing ability but may give him a chance with Bell next to him.

Yup, starts for me and has England caps.

I've got some class youngsters breaking through this season too. Maybe time to trim the squad.

I've just had a really good one come through, a striker, but that's been it for me!

Sold Henry and Doyle, nobody wants O'Hara and twice a team has taken Boukari on loan and not taken the option to sign him :p

I've downloaded the English leagues down to tier 11 and have started with Bilbrook.

Sold 18 season tickets this season. :icon_lol:

Boukari is a spectacular bag of wank. I gave him away for nothing.

Boukari was a relatively useful squad member for the first season but he went fairly soon.

Coming to the end of January 2016 and sitting 6th and in the league cup final where we will play Villa so a good chance for some silverware. I've just had a nice run of games to get some confidence back after a sticky patch, unfortunately I can't ever seem to couple scoring goals with a good defence which has resulted in a 3-2, 4-2 and 5-4 (after being 5-1 up and the opposition having someone sent off) in my last 3 games but I guess 3 points is all that matters! Knockout rounds of the Europa League coming up now...

left back mainly, an English one preferably too. A really top centre back would be good but Stearman, Bell, Johnson and Batth will do for now

What about Bertrand? Or Neil Taylor (I know he's not English, but he can speak it, I assume that's the reason you wanted an English left back and not a foreign one?)

Will have a look at both. Main reason is too have more home grown players

Taylor is good, I ballsed up by not signing him and Ashley Williams when I had the chance.

I'm trying to trim my wage bill, Benatia is sitting on 50k a week and isn't even getting my matchday squad now so I've taken £3m from Swansea. Oscar is pissing me off too, he wants 110k and there's not a chance we can afford that right now. I've got a 60k cap right now and I've got Verratti, Giuliano, Ademilson, Oscar, ter Stegen and Fernando all pushing that as it stands.

I'm going to have to ditch one of Sako or Vico. Bakary has been class but is now on 35k and isn't a guaranteed pick but seems to offer more than Vico, but he's now a homegrown player and is still young, plus I paid a pretty hefty £7m for him.

Guidetti is leaving in January, he's been awful. If I can ditch Benatia, Guidetti and Sako/Vico that's 120k a week off the wage bill which should help.

I'm smashing the Championship, 15 points clear at the top after 31 games. Libor Kozak has been a revelation up front playing alongside SEB, and Sigurdarson has weighed in with a few too. Hitzlsperger has just been a monster in midifeld at this level too. Someone at work said Will Hughes from Derby turns into a top player so I bought him for £5m, but at 17 he's a bit part player at the moment. The board let me change my expectations in January so I've gone for winners as opposed to playoffs as we're so far in front, and they gave me another £10m to spend so I nabbed Fierro for £7.25m. Scored on his debut too which was a bonus.

We've got three players coming in on Bosmans at the start of next season and I'll really ned to look at my defence where a first choice LB and squad CB will be priority.

Sako is off for £9m. His value has plummeted this season, he was worth up to £15m at one point so I've probably held on to him for too long. I've signed Oxlade-Chamberlain for £12m to increase my home-grown quota and had Leroy Fer all but signed for £11m but pulled out right at the end.

Been on a belting run, but just been beaten by Southampton 3-2.

Is FM13 worth it over FM11? I normally only get the latest copy every five years or so.

Back