• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Ouch. Class on FIFA!

Fourth going into January, just signd Victor Moses.

His stats are very good on the game, he just doesn't do anything. Average rating is under 6! Honda is going back to Russia too.

His stats are very good on the game, he just doesn't do anything. Average rating is under 6! Honda is going back to Russia too.

I found that too Nando, he just didn't do it, same with Honda, easy to make profits on them though.

It does only leave me with Ademilson and Guidetti as proper strikers, but I only play one up top and Sako El Sharaaway can play there if they have to.

£15m coming in for Honda and Doumbia, £10m for Giuliano who can play anywhere in midfield and is comfortable on both feet and £6m for Peruzzi who has everything you need in a full back.

Struggling a little at the moment as both Simao and Jalia are crocked so I have no proper defensive midfielder and it's a position I'm really struggling to find a player for.

It does only leave me with Ademilson and Guidetti as proper strikers, but I only play one up top and Sako El Sharaaway can play there if they have to.

£15m coming in for Honda and Doumbia, £10m for Giuliano who can play anywhere in midfield and is comfortable on both feet and £6m for Peruzzi who has everything you need in a full back.

Struggling a little at the moment as both Simao and Jalia are crocked so I have no proper defensive midfielder and it's a position I'm really struggling to find a player for.

If you only play one up top then you should be fine with Ademilson and Guidetti, quality strikers too!

I think that's how much I got for them too :p not seen that Giuliano, he a newgen or a real player? Peruzzi is a top quality full back, he'll do well for you.

If you're struggling to find a player, could try what I do, find the best player in the position you want, so you say defensive midfielder, now stats wise, I'd say Busquets is one of the best defensive midfielders, and and find similar players, if you don't know how, go to his profile, and you'll see Find Similar Players, and it'll find players with stats like his in his position. Used it quite a few times, is quite helpful, especially in the lower leagues.

I started a game on this did absolutely awful. Gt into a losing streak and no players could score.

Henry and SEB kept getting called up to international matches for Jamaica during vital fixtures and I signed players like Fierro and Planas and they were absolute rubbish for me.

Fierros record was played 18 - 0 goals.

I didn't do anything radical either just normal 4-4-2

Started League 2 with a record of 1-3-10, dead last and by far the most goals allowed. Changed the tactics (that had been working previously) and only lost twice since. At the January window now and occupying a playoff spot. Would be great to skip straight up! Some key players coming back from injury, cross my fingers.

What's odd is my keeper, who I'd just bought, was playing TERRIBLE until I changed tactics. Not sure what would cause him to suddenly be playing better but he learned how to goalie again.

A player I picked up in Blue Square Premier was snubbed out from under my nose for $950k; thought I had a high enough buyout fee and Fulham jumped.. NOT happy about that. It's a good piece of business considering the club is only worth something like $80k, but he's been my best defender, second leading goal scorer, and was presuming he'd be at the club through it's entirety. The coaching staff considers him "leading defender for the championship", figured that was one less position I had to worry about through all the promotions. Blargh.

We're getting worse from season to season. Just been battered by Villa, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City in a row.

Never found FM this difficult before.

Sigurdarson is on fire for me in the premier league second season. We've played 20 games, he's played 17 and scored 17 and is currently 3rd top scorer behind Giroud and Falcao. Although he got red carded before my capital one cup semi-final second leg against man united and I excruciatingly lost it in extra time :(.

We decided to change our approach and go balls out against whoever we were up against and we've seen a resurgence in form with four wins on the bounce. RoJo has decided to retire at the end of the season, which I'm pretty happy with as I didn't want to see him playing for anybody else as he's been fantastic for me.

Installed FM13 today and I think I'll be going back to 12 pretty soon. The lack of training schedules is bugging me, it seems like there's a gaping hole in the game there and it's way too basic for my liking. The match engine is awful too, it looks like the teams are playing on an ice rink as they seem to skate everywhere and the ball rolls on forever, and the 'waiting for next highlight' popup is just annoying. There's more to add when I'm back at the PC, but first impressions are not good.

Personally think training is far better than in previous editions. It's weird to start with, but it's far more realistic than a bunch of sliders. Your players train in accordance to their position.

I still use 2D as I detest the 3D, but I agree there is a big issue with friction in the ME. I can't find many faults with the game outside the ME, but it is a completely new ME so there's always going to be a few mistakes. Some of the game play itself is streets ahead of before and you can see your changes taking effect on the pitch.

I agree, some parts so much better, but other parts are glaringly bad. I wish they would've put more effort into that part of the game rather than worrying about some of the more trivial stuff like adding a director of football, more press options, etc. I've seen a few places mention that the 2D engine works better than the 3D but haven't noticed much difference.

I do like the new training though.

After a couple more hours on it I'm pretty sick of it. The ME is terrible, we conceded one goal where Ikeme decided to run 15 yards out of his area then pass sideways to Johnson, he in turn slid into the ball that was at his feet presenting it to the opposition forward who put it into an empty net from 25 yards. We've conceded seven penalties in three games which is utterly ridiculous and I'm averaging two injuries per game which have brought me down to one fit CM. Also during games I'm getting maybe four highlights, it's so boring to watch and it's impossible to get a feel for the match.

Back to FM12, and unfortunately I've registered this one so can't even sell it on. Absolute pile of shit.

After a couple more hours on it I'm pretty sick of it. The ME is terrible, we conceded one goal where Ikeme decided to run 15 yards out of his area then pass sideways to Johnson, he in turn slid into the ball that was at his feet presenting it to the opposition forward who put it into an empty net from 25 yards. We've conceded seven penalties in three games which is utterly ridiculous and I'm averaging two injuries per game which have brought me down to one fit CM. Also during games I'm getting maybe four highlights, it's so boring to watch and it's impossible to get a feel for the match.

Back to FM12, and unfortunately I've registered this one so can't even sell it on. Absolute pile of $#@!.

With regards to the highlights - they changed it so 'key' is now jut the goals and really good chances and 'extended' is more like what 'key' highlights were in FM12 then it's got comprehensive or something which is even more and then obviously the full match option.

I don't think I pay as much attention to the match engine as others (or don't care as much?) as I don't mind it, haven't had too many stupid goals or anything.

With regards to the highlights - they changed it so 'key' is now jut the goals and really good chances and 'extended' is more like what 'key' highlights were in FM12

Thought that may be the case, I'll give it a go but I doubt it'll change my mind on the game as a whole. It's fucking terrible.

And three games into the season Danny Batth wants to leave as he's not getting regular football.

Bad reports about the ME are why I have stayed away and will continue to do so until the new patch is released for the January transfer windows and hopefully they can sort their shit out. I'd rather have a slightly outdated game (which is an irrelevance anyway if you're years into a career) than one that doesn't work properly and leaves me with a repair bill for a) a new window and b) a new laptop.

Give it a miss Dan. This is definitely £18 down the pan.

Back