• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Promoted! A bit of a struggle in the end as Doyle, my new signing Fernandez got injured, as did Ebanks-Blak and Siggy just couldn't score. Then he scored three in three to push us up and got injured :icon_lol:

Still, promoted. Need to sign a real quality centre midfielder and a couple of wingers, any tips?

Promoted! A bit of a struggle in the end as Doyle, my new signing Fernandez got injured, as did Ebanks-Blak and Siggy just couldn't score. Then he scored three in three to push us up and got injured :icon_lol:

Still, promoted. Need to sign a real quality centre midfielder and a couple of wingers, any tips?

Racist...

Now I've made a good formation that means that in prtty much every game I have 55-60% possession, but this was a slightly mental game (friendly though)

2unue6h.png

Be interesting if I have a lot of possession in the PL, as I had a lot of games where I had 25 shots and only scored one or two..

Question for you guys who've done lower leagues -- how long did it take you to get to top flight? I just got promoted with Gloucester last night up into League 1-- I've taken 2 seasons to get promoted each time, FM14 will be out by the time I get to the Premier League. Granted I haven't been playing that often... Maybe I should've done the quicker gameplay mode rather than the full game.

Kinda dull so far, the process is the same each time I've taken a team to promotion. Feels more like grinding signings than being a good manager.

With Kingstonian in '12:

1213 - BSS 5th (lost in play-off final)
1314 - BSS 12th (FAT runners-up)
1415 - BSS 1st (promoted)
1516 - BSP 11th
1617 - BSP 7th (FAT semi-final)
1718 - BSP 5th (Promoted through play-offs)
1819 - L2 6th (Promoted through play-offs, JPT South area runners-up)
2021 - L1 6th (Promoted through play-offs)
2223 - Ch 2nd (Automatic promotion)
2324 - PL 14th
2425 - PL 11th
2526 - PL 12th, FAC semi-finalists
2627 - PL Champions
2728 - ECL & FAC winners, PL and LC runners-up

I tried to do it again this year, but the ME being less stable meant it was kind of hit and miss. I've not really got a good save going yet, which is unusual for me. I've just won the League Cup with Wolves in second season, after winning the play-offs last season. Sitting 8th in PL, loads of promising youngsters on the books but all 16 or 17 and we just don't have the strength in depth to compete. I have to be honest, I'm a bit bored of it, might go back to LLaMa-ing again.

Vadis Odjidja. Around £4m and has everything you need in a midfielder. Check out the loan market?

Just looked at him, rated 3 and a half star but looks decent. I've had a 6m bid accepted for Vicente Iborra though. In fact I've signed him now

Signed Simao, so now I have Henry, Doumbia, O'Hara, Drage, Iborra and Hughes as centre mids..

Wingers I'm lacking as I have Sako, Fernandez and Hammill.. :facepalm:

Lost at City 3-0 and drew with ten men Everton (hit the bar thre tims and had over twenty shots..). Came to home league cup game against Cheltenham and my only fit forward is Doyle. Look in my reserves and only striker not on loan is 15 year old Georges Blanchard, who I signed for 600k from Auxerre as he had a 5 star rating. Put him in and he's only scored after 25 seconds of his professional career!

Simao is decent, my coaches don't really rate him now but he's got all the right stats for playing as an anchor man. Hughes has been class for me this season, I've just sold O'Hara as he's been ousted and was one of my highest earners.

Lazovic is a good winger, but he's probably been snapped up by now. I'm trying to move him on now though.

Man City now have David Silva, Miralem Pjanic, Kaka, Marek Hamsik, Yaya Toure, Marouane Fellaini, Cristian Eriksen and Gaston Ramirez.

How the hell am I getting near that?

EDIT: Picking up Ter-Stegen on a freebie is a start!

O'Hara isn't actually that good, he's next to be moved on for me. Didn't even start very much in the Championship for me.

Lazovic plays for Albion!

He was alright for me, didn't score or assist much but kept the play ticking over.

My team is now:

---------------------------Oblak----------------------------

Kalas----------Johnson-----------Benatia------Ostrzsolek

---------------------------Odjidja---------------------------

------------------Oscar-------------Hughes

El Shaarawy---------------------------------Wellington Nem

---------------------------Ademilson---------------------------

Hennessey, Regen RB, Rafael Toloi, Baath, Ward, Simao, Selnaes, Honda, Vico, Sako, Tadic, Sigurdarson, Fierro.

Nice! I'm trying to sign Ademilson at the moment

Mine:

--------------------------Hennessey--------------------------------

Wallace---------Johnson-------------Bell--------------------Planas

---------------------------Simao-------------------------------------

-----------------Doumbia-------------Iborra-------------------------

Drage------------------------------------------------------------Sako

-----------------------------Doyle--------------------------------------

Subs: de Vries, Garrido, Wuytens, Henry, O'Hara, Sigurdarson, Hughes

With Stearman, Foley, Adryan, Batth, Hammill

And now I've got Ademilson, cool :)

How much did you pay for Wallace? He's worth £9m now and looks class. Is that Stefan Bell? If so, tried for him but he rejected me too!

Ademilson has a release clause of £5.25m I think, he's class.

Wallace will cost me 4.9m overall. I got Bell half way through the first season, 4.5m including the add ons.

Ademilson has cost m roughly that, about 3.5m up front.

Just got absolutely slapped by Albion despite only losing 4-3. They hit the woodwork four times! Toloi has been dreadful whenever he's appeared so far. Missing Benatia and Sako who are on ACON duty.

Followed that up with a slapping from Stoke playing ultimate Pulisball.

Can't buy a win and all of my centre halves gone to shit. Europa challenge fading by the day.

Oscar and El-Shaarawy are absolute crocks! Oscar has played three games and has been injured in all of them!

Back