• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Bought this about a week ago on the steam sale, probably not that wise considering it's my exam period and i've already clocked 55 hours on the damn thing(Had two attempts at a wolves career so far, the first I treated as a tutorial). Bought Wellington Nem for Wolves for 3.5mil, very good purchase but i've also made a few mediocre ones. I currently sit second heading into christmas though!

I always set out to play on the counter, regardless of who I'm against. Maybe that has something to do with it.

RoJo is out of contract at the end of this season, I'll probably just let him go. Missed out on Botia too. Wallace is going to cost a fortune and I completely forgot about Romario. Fabio has gone to Fulham on 47k in the Championship. Mad.

I've signed Tomas Kalas on loan from Chelsea for the year to cover my centre half space. He was decent on loan at Wigan last year and my scouts rate him very highly so I'll see how he goes.

So far, I've signed Dusan Tadic on loan for United for the season and Keisuke Honda on a free and sold Stearman, Margreitter and Doyle.

Yeah that may well be it, counter attacking is highly effective on this years unstable ME.

Kalas is a very good player, got a good player on your hands there, I'd recommend if you get the chance to make it permanent, do it, had him before, good, consistent player.

Is that the Tadic that plays for Twente IRL? If so then he's a good player, good winger, has the proper stats to make a quality winger.

I managed to pick up Rafael Toloi for £6m. Good all round defender, leaving me with four quality centre backs.

I've decided I'm going to chuck my regen right back in at the deep end as I can't find anything better.

Beat the Baggies and Stoke 2-0 and lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the first three games of 14/15. Sako is an animal.

Ahh yeah, forgot about Toloi, there are so many good players in Brazil, if you need a left back, there's one at Santos I think it is, called Emerson, future prospect.

Sometimes that's the best thing to do, you never know how they'll perform.

I've tried to snare him permanently but Chelsea are having none of it. I'll try again at the end of the season if he does well.

That's the Tadic, went to United, didn't play and he was only on 25k so he's here for the year for no fee and I'm only paying 50% of his wages.

32915957.jpg

I've tried to snare him permanently but Chelsea are having none of it. I'll try again at the end of the season if he does well.

That's the Tadic, went to United, didn't play and he was only on 25k so he's here for the year for no fee and I'm only paying 50% of his wages.

Chelsea do usually get rid, he never gets in front of the likes of Cahill/Ivanovic and they usually sign a couple of centre halves, so you should be able to sign him.

That's a superb signing then, especially as you're only paying 50% wages, with no fee, very nice of Utd, he's got very good stats, do you play with wingers or IF's? I'm having more luck this year with IF's, but I love playing with wingers.

Tadic has been abysmal so far. Honda's done nothing at all either and all my strikers have forgotten how to score. Ademilson hasn't scored for 14 hours now. Europe's out of the question already.

Tadic has been abysmal so far. Honda's done nothing at all either and all my strikers have forgotten how to score. Ademilson hasn't scored for 14 hours now. Europe's out of the question already.

Tried tweaking any settings to suit him? You could try talking to the players, either do a team meeting, or talk to certain players separately? Try and boost some confidence.

Try a major change in tactics for a game or two? If my team gets stale I always bust out something completely different to shake them up. I've found that as long as I don't get too crazy with the defense it at least helps shake the team up and loosen the grip other teams have on the usual tactics.

I'va had a bit of a break from this, in my 3rd season in the Premiership and there has been a new update since I last played which seems to have made my tactics less successful, I'm creating more chances but hardly any on target and conceding more, going to have to look at it a bit more closely to work out why. On a positive note I've just agreed a deal to sign Walcott for £8m in January.

Trying to sign Oscar and El Sharaway. I can't turn down that calibre of player if they're available even if I'm pretty well stocked in those positions.

Might try and shift Wellington Nem to cover the costs as Oscar is miles superior.

Trying to sign Oscar and El Sharaway. I can't turn down that calibre of player if they're available even if I'm pretty well stocked in those positions.

Might try and shift Wellington Nem to cover the costs as Oscar is miles superior.

What formation do you play then if you're signing those 2? They would be absolutely fantastic replacements for Nem, especially Oscar.

I signed this newgen from Boca, cost me £12m, but his stats are unreal, especially at his age, he currently has 8 goals 13 apps, including a hat trick in a 7-1 demolition of Sunderland.

y3vSEda.png

Started a game with Kaiserslautern. Set up my favoured 4-1-2-2-1 tactic and generally got dicked by all and sundry in pre-season. League season starts and the polar opposite is occurring. Mind you, no money and inherited a squad that was already over budget on wages and I was unable to sell anyone prior to the window closing so had to settle on shifting some out on loan to bring the wage bill down.

I've got no idea what I'll be playing, but £20m for those two was irresistible. I can probably shift Nem on for £20m and Sako is gaining lots of interest as he's on fire right now.

When they join in a couple of weeks time I'm going to have Oscar, El Sharawy, Wellington Nem, Sako, Vico, Tadic and Lazovic as attacking midfield options and then Will Hughes, Odjidja, O'Hara, Honda and Simao as the deeper options with Davis and Selnaes both doing really well out on loan. What to do there?

I'll probably try and shift Nem if I can get around £20m for him and I'm willing to move on Lazovic as he's not really done anything for me.

That regen is crazy, slightly frustrating that he's got CA points taken up by tackling and marking though!

I've got no idea what I'll be playing, but £20m for those two was irresistible. I can probably shift Nem on for £20m and Sako is gaining lots of interest as he's on fire right now.

When they join in a couple of weeks time I'm going to have Oscar, El Sharawy, Wellington Nem, Sako, Vico, Tadic and Lazovic as attacking midfield options and then Will Hughes, Odjidja, O'Hara, Honda and Simao as the deeper options with Davis and Selnaes both doing really well out on loan. What to do there?

I'll probably try and shift Nem if I can get around £20m for him and I'm willing to move on Lazovic as he's not really done anything for me.

That regen is crazy, slightly frustrating that he's got CA points taken up by tackling and marking though!

The attacking options that you have are unreal, could free up some wages by shifting a couple on, like Nem & Lazovic like you said, especially with better replacements coming in.

I know yeah, it is quite annoying, but in front of goal he works wonders, especially as an AF, with Bony/Fletcher playing as a CF next to him! 19 goals in 30 apps, not bad for his first season, that includes 2 hat tricks, scored one of those against the Albion so he's automatically a legend now.

Just won the FA Cup with a 2-1 win over Arsenal in Extra Time, and I'm 1 point ahead of Liverpool with 1 game to go to finish 2nd, my highest ever finish no matter what happens, team's just gelled this season, my DoF helped, brought in a couple of decent players, he brought in Tolga Cigerci for £6.5m and Joe Allen for £6m who've been fantastic. I've got a keeper who's keep Ter Stegen out, called Timo Horn. Brought Balotelli in on loan from Citeh, paying 50% of his wages, he's done well, bar getting sent off for a 2 footed challenge in his first game! 7 goals in 13 apps. I'm really enjoying this save, never had one as good as this before.

my DoF helped, brought in a couple of decent players,

Who have you got as the DoF, and what do you have them doing (responsibilities)? Whenever I've tried giving him control over transfers the guy has just bought tat. I then set it so that I had final say on transfers, but he was still trying to sign the same old rubbish.

Who have you got as the DoF, and what do you have them doing (responsibilities)? Whenever I've tried giving him control over transfers the guy has just bought tat. I then set it so that I had final say on transfers, but he was still trying to sign the same old rubbish.

I've got Dave Parnaby, has stats like 19/20 for JPP/JPA/Determination/Adaptability/Working With Youngsters which always helps, so he's top quality, I just have him to bring in first team and youth players but I have the final say on both, and to sell transfer listed players, he seems to get rid of the tat I can't.

I signed Adam Campbell from Newcastle for £500k and he scores bag loads of goals, he is brilliant as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation.

Ter Stegen was doing my head in, kept complaining he wasn't playing and handing in transfer requests, so I sold him, for £25.5m to Dortmund, quite happy with that, signed him for £18m, thinking of spending most of that £25.5m on this guy, his stats are just too good to not sign him, he's a centre half, and at that age, he should get a bit better.

HXEuLGo.png

Back