• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

This game really can be fucking horrible to play at times. Just lost 5-1 at home to QPR. Team have absolutely gone to pot since January, two wins in two months. Worst defence in the league now!

Promoted! A bit of a struggle in the end as Doyle, my new signing Fernandez got injured, as did Ebanks-Blak and Siggy just couldn't score. Then he scored three in three to push us up and got injured :icon_lol:

Still, promoted. Need to sign a real quality centre midfielder and a couple of wingers, any tips?

Sidney Sam has been quality for me at AMR, Jiloan Hamad is a solid winger who can play either side, I got James McCarthy from Wigan after they got relegated who's done well too

He was alright for me, didn't score or assist much but kept the play ticking over.

My team is now:

---------------------------Oblak----------------------------

Kalas----------Johnson-----------Benatia------Ostrzsolek

---------------------------Odjidja---------------------------

------------------Oscar-------------Hughes

El Shaarawy---------------------------------Wellington Nem

---------------------------Ademilson---------------------------

Hennessey, Regen RB, Rafael Toloi, Baath, Ward, Simao, Selnaes, Honda, Vico, Sako, Tadic, Sigurdarson, Fierro.

Are you not struggling with the squad registration finding 8 players trained in England with that lot?

I've not really played this game for years, so any help appreciated - Why when I try and sign players do they want an absolute fortune in wages? I'm in the champions league and most of them aren't, Wolves reputation is around 25th in the world, would have thought they'd be gagging to come!

Second one - all the youth players who come into my development squad are shite, even though I have top facilities and recruitment... any tips other than buying kids from other teams?

Anyone got any idea when the patch is out?

First week in February normally.

I may buy it then providing that the match engine is reported to be working properly. I am still enjoying my current game but it does get a bit grating for a nerd like me when all the players are 2-3 years younger than they should be and the likes of Sterling don't even exist unless you bother creating them.

I'm still going strong on my FM12 save, it's good bringing players to their prime and selling them for mega money while finding the youngsters who will turn into stars.

Are you not struggling with the squad registration finding 8 players trained in England with that lot?

I wasn't submitting 25 as loads of them are under 21. Finished off my third season in very mediocre form, resulting in a ninth place finish, 11 points shy of last season and having conceded more and scored less. Not ideal.

Summer saw the arrivals of:

ter Stegen - Free, Seydou Doumbia - Free, Nathaniel Clyne - £12m, Andile Jali - £7m, Ashley Cole - Free, Victor Moses - £3m, John Guidetti - £1.8m & Ashley Young & Marco Verratti on loan for the season

Departures:

Kevin Foley - Free, Wellington Nem - £22.5m, Bjorn Sigurdarson - £6m, Vadis Odjidja - £5m, Stephen Ward - £2m, David Davis - £3m, Thomas Drage - £3m, Jan Oblak - £2m, Carlos Fierro - Loan, Darko Lazovic - Loan, Victor Moses - Loan, plus a few regens on loan for various lengths of time.

Squad is now:

GK: Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Wayne Hennessey
DF: Nathaniel Clyne, Luciano (Regen) Medhi Benatia, Rafael Toloi, Danny Baath, Roger Johnson, Mathias Ostroloszek, Ashley Cole
MF: Andile Jali, Simao, Keisuke Honda, Will Hughes, Oscar, Marco Verratti, Stephen El Shaarawy, Bakary Sako, Fede Vico, Ashley Young
FW: Ademilson, Seydou Doumbia, John Guidetti

Lost our first three games of the season, bottom of the league. Eurgh.

After starting the season with a point from four games, I'm unbeaten in the next seven picking up wins over Albion and Man utd (at Old Trafford) on the way. Fourth right now, Ademilson has scored two twice off the bench and is getting there, and Drage is playing very well.

Make that the first four. I suppose they were against Chelsea, Man City, Spurs & Liverpool but we've shown we can beat all of them before. Very frustrating.

Make that the first four. I suppose they were against Chelsea, Man City, Spurs & Liverpool but we've shown we can beat all of them before. Very frustrating.

Swap Liverpool for Everton and that's my first four!

I'm getting seriously pissed off about the number of long shots my players take. You've all been told not to shoot from distance, SO WHY DON'T YOU PASS THE FUCKING BALL RATHER THAN TAKING POT SHOTS FROM EVERYWHERE.

Anybody know where the cheapest place to download it? It's still £29.99 on Steam but it's only £17.99 for the hard copy on Amazon, I'd just prefer the download.

Anybody know where the cheapest place to download it? It's still £29.99 on Steam but it's only £17.99 for the hard copy on Amazon, I'd just prefer the download.

If you get the physical disk, you can still download it from Steam with the code inside the box.

It was half price on Steam a couple of weeks ago, not that this information helps you much...

Started a new game earlier this morning. I went in unemployed, first time I have gone this route.

Got a job at Havant & Waterlooville. Nearly got sacked before I played a game because I applied for a job at York. Signed 2 decent youngsters and a few loan signings. I have played 8 league games winning 7 and currently sit at the top of the league.

We're still frustratingly inconsistent, but are so far just about the best of the rest coming into December. Oscar is finally settling in and performing very well.

Trying to sign Gino Peruzzi and Giuliano in January.

Seydou Doumbia has been my worst ever FM signing. Absolutely atrocious and he's now off for £8m back to Russia. Bring on January 1st!

Back