• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

How are people finding the new game?

I still haven't got it yet but considering it over the Christmas period now that Uni work is slowing down.

It seems fine now the first couple of patches are out, and the match engine has been updated - I'm a fan-boy, though, and get it on release date every year. Classic misses out too many of the things I like, so I'm still playing the full-fat version, even if that is a bit bloated (at least you can tailor the news you receive now, which does speed things up a bit).

I feel that the staff responsibilities need fine-tuning - I can't trust my staff to do anything without them screwing it up somehow (for example my DoF hiring crap scouts and coaches I didn't need on huge wages that made the board mad at me for losing money hand over fist), and everything else seems much the same as last year.

I had a play with a couple of challenges on Classic, messed about with Wolves to get a feel for the game, did start the Dafuge challenge but have put that on hold to trek around Oceanie, Asia and now Sweden.

I don't like the new one (bought it yesterday). It seems very cluttered with too much going on at once. Much preferred the last one and will probably go back to it.

I thought the same initially, Bandy but now I think I prefer it.

Won the Championship with 98 points, it was pretty tight up until around March when we really kicked on and won 12 of our last 14 games, drawing the other two.

I sold Berra, Edwards, Hunt, Mouyokolo, De Vries, Craddock, Elokobi (January) and Zubar for a combined fee of £13m. I then bought Seamus Coleman, Wellington Nem and Darko Lazovic with that money and strengthened again in January with the arrival of Fede Vico, Thomas Drage and Djamel Mesbah on loan.

Vico is going to potentially cost me £7m, which is a lot for that division, but he's class and is only 18. Drage is an absolute bargain at 500k, and is good enough to play in the Premier League. He scored in the first minute on his debut!

In the summer I shipped out Henry, Hammill, Ebanks-Blake and Griffiths for £12m, and then a load of our youngsters. I signed Vadis Odjidja, Simao (a DM), Medhi Benatia, Will Hughes, Ademilson and Mathias Ostrzolek. I've spent more than I usually would, those coming to over £25m, but we've got a good squad of players now.

Got a game going, done averagely so far. Signed Will Hughes, Mauro Formica (loan) and Adam Smith (loan) so far. Still getting to grips with the game but got a decent formation I think and always seem to have more possession (which clearly matters more than winning :D)

Mental start to our Premier League return! Stuffed Reading 5-1, played even better against QPR but was stung by a Julio Cesar masterclass and two screamers from Cisse.

Back to Molineux to dispatch Everton 4-2.

I've got Will Hughes too, YW. Scored against Reading on his debut.

Where do you play him? He's been okay for me but nothing special.

Started a game on classic on 13. Got to say I enjoy that more than the full game.

Is FM13 worth getting? I'm still playing my save on FM12 and have found it hard to ditch.

I'd wait for the next patch. There are a number of new features that make it undoubtedly the best FM ever, but the match engine is still a bit iffy at times as it was completely recoded. The final few issues should be ironed out in the next patch and you'll get the transfer updates then too.

Unexpectedly challenging for Europe in our first season back in the Premier League.

Bar a 5-0 dicking from Chelsea where fixture congestion caught up with us, we've not conceded in our last six league games.

Wellington Nem was causing absolute carnage, but he got hacked down and has been missing for a month now and will be on the sidelines for at least another. RoJo is an absolute rock at the back.

I loaned out Will Hughes, and David Davis has just returned from an excellent spell at Leicester and now loooks very promising. Forde is doing well at Watford too.

Started a game on classic on 13. Got to say I enjoy that more than the full game.

I'm considering buying 13 because of the classic mode.

Is there less tactical tinkering on classic?
Is there less (or no) press conf and team talks on classic?
Agents?

I think FM stopped being fun and became work with FM09 and it's only got worse imo...

Recently got this game but yet to start - may have a bash this evening.

Thinking of starting a game as Wolves (heart over head!) and seeing how I get on...

From memory.... (I haven't played classic since before christmas)

I'm considering buying 13 because of the classic mode.

Is there less tactical tinkering on classic? About the same - I think the match engine is the same
Is there less (or no) press conf and team talks on classic? No press conferences, although you'll occasionally be asked a question. Sometimes it's relelvant, sometimes it's about a game 2 months before. That bit is broken. No team-talks at all.
Agents? Still there in classic

I think FM stopped being fun and became work with FM09 and it's only got worse imo...

I've done the challenges on classic, but it's missing some bits i like from the full-fat game, so I haven't really got going in a classic game - without team-talks it seems too hard to turn around a poor run.

I've actually started a Wolves save, as a break from my lower-league / obscure nation travels. I'm quite enjoying it, which is more than I've done with Wolves saves in the past. Flogged off loads of fringe players, including SEB and Davis, bought in Murray from Watford and Lee Wallace from Rangers, along with some yoof. Topping the promotion mix with 5 games left. /bragging

Got sacked in my save, had an awful run of fixtures..

Started a new one and started better, 5th after 5 games. Signed two youngsters from Barca B, Kleber (left back), young brazilian and a guy called Drage who has been awesome so far. Will Hughes and Wallace (right back who signed for Chelsea IRL) too

From memory.... (I haven't played classic since before christmas)

I've done the challenges on classic, but it's missing some bits i like from the full-fat game, so I haven't really got going in a classic game - without team-talks it seems too hard to turn around a poor run.

I've actually started a Wolves save, as a break from my lower-league / obscure nation travels. I'm quite enjoying it, which is more than I've done with Wolves saves in the past. Flogged off loads of fringe players, including SEB and Davis, bought in Murray from Watford and Lee Wallace from Rangers, along with some yoof. Topping the promotion mix with 5 games left. /bragging

Thanks mate.

Connor Wickham on loan from Sunderland is firing me to the championship title.

The bottom 3 of the Premier League in my game is

18 - Sunderland
19 - Villa
20- Albion

seems a bit easy to be honest.

Playing wolves. first season won the championship by a mile, second season finished 7th, third season finished 3rd so I'm now playing champions league football with Wolves in 2015/16. I don't do anything revolutionarily brilliant either.

I expect similar things from Dean Saunders now though....

Still in two minds whether to get this when the patch comes out. My '12 save is fucking amazing and I've two strikers who look like they'll break any record I've ever had in FM (one newgen and Carlos Fierro) and I don't know if i can let that save die for a crack at being Stale lite.

Back