• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

They've vastly overrated SEB in this game or I've been very lucky, he's just hit his 30th of the season!

Just finished my first season with Wolves, finished first with 108 points, a record total, 24 points in front of second placed Brighton.

I sold Doyle amongst others due to me not playing with strikers, I play 5-5-0.

I play with 3 centre halves - Berra, Johnson and Doria.
Wing Backs - Wallace/Ward and Foley/Zubar/Fathi.
2 central midfielders - Henry/Simao and Bodde/P.B.Diop.
3 attacking midfielders - Sako, Wellington Nem and Damien Boudjemaa.

Beat Man City in the FA Cup final 5-1 with a hat trick from Boudjemaa, highly recommend him, he's available for around £20k at the start of the game.

Now to see how I get on in the Premier League.

Well you've outdone me! I won the league with 91 points, 1 point ahead of Hull. I signed Majewski and Frimpong on loan and Jiloan Hamad, Erick Torres and Sidney Sam permanently. Played 4-2-3-1, didn't get many injuries and all was good. In the off season I've nabbed James McCarthy Adel Taraabt from the relegated sides and signed Doumbia permanently. I'm doing terribly financially despite staying inside my budgets, loads of players have gone as I'm trying to trim down the squad.

I’m just approaching Christmas in my first season. Top of the league, despite extremely patchy away form – 5-2-6 in the league! Home form is excellent, but that away form is preventing me from storming the league. I’ve ballsed things up slightly in that I’ve signed too much attacking talent, so I’m having to rotate heavily, meaning that I’ve not got any stand out performers.

I’ve sold Elokobi, Doyle, Edwards, Hunt, Zubar amd a few kids, and brought in Erick Torres, Carlos Fierro on Jan 1 st (board injection ftw!), Mauro Formica (loan) some Belarussian striker, a left winger called Hult, and a CM, LB and a RW that I can’t remember the name of.

My first thoughts were that the game runs a lot slower than 12 did; I know my laptop is on the verge of needing a change, but there’s a noticeable drop in performance.

Haven’t noticed too many quirks in the gameplay; but then I haven’t made many tweaks tactically, been more of a ‘once they cross the white line it’s up to them’ philosophy, but obviously in the Prem I’ll take things a lot more seriously. I can see having to sell at least 10 of my 25 man squad though; probably closer to 15. Hopefully get some good bosmans agreed in January to keep the costs down.

I should finish this season tonight, I’ll blitz through it and then start playing properly!

13 most definitely runs a lot faster for me, and I'm running around the same size of database. There are certain parts of the game, like switching back and forth between screens that sometimes hesitates, but other than that.

For bugs, WHY CAN THEY NOT FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE ARROW KEYS NOT WORKING IN THE NEWS FEED SOMETIMES?????????? Same problem as last year. Have to flip to a previous screen, back to news, and can then use up/down. Obnoxious. Also, I have to force all of my formations to stay quite wide or else I get overrun on the wings. Happens with both zone and man marking, press-more or stand off, etc. Anyone else notice this? Players seem to be a lot better with passing. Poor decisions often enough, but it's hard for me to judge too much since I'm playing in a bottom league.

So I've done a test with Gloucester the first two seasons and had one horrible failure and another rousing success. Tried taking a vacation until the end of the transfer window and picking up whatever desperate players were left for cheap. In the Blue Square- North this worked great, plenty of non-contract players that are good enough. Tried this after promotion and got left in the dust, nothing but scraps left and my defense is being overrun. Not sure if there's a correlation or if just bad luck the 2nd season. Went back and reloaded at the start of summer and played the market as I usual would-- team is easily twice as good as it was and still only using half the wage bill. Strong start to the season, 2-1-1.

The fixtures have been really unkind to me. First 6 are Chelsea (a), Tottenham (h), Arsenal (a), Man City (h) then Newcastle (h) followed by Man Utd (a). My players will be so demoralised by the end of that run that they might never recover!

Just finished my first season with Wolves, finished first with 108 points, a record total, 24 points in front of second placed Brighton.

I sold Doyle amongst others due to me not playing with strikers, I play 5-5-0.

I play with 3 centre halves - Berra, Johnson and Doria.
Wing Backs - Wallace/Ward and Foley/Zubar/Fathi.
2 central midfielders - Henry/Simao and Bodde/P.B.Diop.
3 attacking midfielders - Sako, Wellington Nem and Damien Boudjemaa.

Beat Man City in the FA Cup final 5-1 with a hat trick from Boudjemaa, highly recommend him, he's available for around £20k at the start of the game.

Now to see how I get on in the Premier League.

Surely you jest with that formation...

I sneaked up in second on goal difference, very underwhelming, but tbf I've put more effort into most sneezes than I did with this season. Hard work starts this summer, huge rebuild planned.

Lost in play off final first season, won league 2nd season and a nice little 7th place finish in prem. doyle got me 24 goals in prem!

Premiership has started surprisingly well given the fixture list, got hammered at Chelsea first up but managed to beat City and Spurs at home. After 10 games ish I'm mid table so very happy with that, the summer will be used to strengthen the defence which is leaking far too many goals atm, I've had a couple of 3-2's, a 3-3 and, worst of the lot, I lost 4-3 to West Brom after being 3-2 up in the 89th minute. I was NOT happy.

Just finished a phenomenal second season, our first in the Premier League.

We switched to a 4-2dm-3am/w/w-1 formation, and after a tough start adjusting to things, had several unbeaten streaks of 7-8 games, and finished in an amazing 6 th place.

Hennessey

Dani Carval (sp) Johnson Berra Ward/Wallace(loan)

Doumbia/Henry/Muntari(loan)

Marshall – Torres/Schone(loan) – Estiaberra (sp)

Adameilson/Fierro

Most of the goals game from the wide men, with 25 between them, and a further 25 between my AM and FW.

We dominated possession in most of the games we played, and were really solid defensively. Tactically we were rigid, and floating between counter and attacking , with short passing. Went really well.

Personnel wise, I’ve got quite a bit of shit to shift (annoyingly, JOH is still hanging around and no fucker will take him even on a free) and a few of the buys haven’t really worked out, but hopefully will be able to clear them out over the summer.

Not sure on what budget we’re going to get to play with, but the bosman list was quite underwhelming. I’ve got Eric Cantona as my DoF, and he’s done a really good job in recruiting scouts and sending them all over the place; there’s a whole host of 4.5* u21s for me to go for this summer, so I’m really looking forward to the summer’s recruitment.

I was very lucky with injuries, as beyond my core 15 the squad is shit, so I’ve got a lot of buying and loaning to do, but hopefully Europa League football will make us a lot more appealing.

Haven’t really found any quirks in the game play, just that it’s running really slowly. But then I am running a dodgy version of Windows 7 on a 5 year old machine so perhaps performance isn’t what it could be. Really enjoying the game though, and I like the DoF function, as I often found recruiting staff very tedious.

Make sure you get it patched (it came out last night I think) because there's a tax bug you'll encounter otherwise in the next couple of seasons.

Essentially corporation tax is going from 25% IRL to 24% in 2014 and then 22% in 2016 (I think, anyway). So they've tried to build this into the game but fucked it up - you end up paying 25 + 24 = 49% and then eventually 49 + 22 = 71% in 2016. Meaning you have monthly tax bills running close to £100m if you're a CL club. I think they've fixed it in the patch so happy days.

Is this worth buying, I haven't played it in quite a few years am I likely to lose;

Girlfriend?
Friends?
Social life?
Weight?

or is it a decent buy?

Hmm.... Maybe I should be sent to Afghanistan due to my awesomeness on Call of Duty?

Just finished a phenomenal second season, our first in the Premier League.

We switched to a 4-2dm-3am/w/w-1 formation, and after a tough start adjusting to things, had several unbeaten streaks of 7-8 games, and finished in an amazing 6 th place.

Hennessey

Dani Carval (sp) Johnson Berra Ward/Wallace(loan)

Doumbia/Henry/Muntari(loan)

Marshall – Torres/Schone(loan) – Estiaberra (sp)

Adameilson/Fierro

Most of the goals game from the wide men, with 25 between them, and a further 25 between my AM and FW.

We dominated possession in most of the games we played, and were really solid defensively. Tactically we were rigid, and floating between counter and attacking , with short passing. Went really well.

Personnel wise, I’ve got quite a bit of $#@! to shift (annoyingly, JOH is still hanging around and no $#@!er will take him even on a free) and a few of the buys haven’t really worked out, but hopefully will be able to clear them out over the summer.

Not sure on what budget we’re going to get to play with, but the bosman list was quite underwhelming. I’ve got Eric Cantona as my DoF, and he’s done a really good job in recruiting scouts and sending them all over the place; there’s a whole host of 4.5* u21s for me to go for this summer, so I’m really looking forward to the summer’s recruitment.

I was very lucky with injuries, as beyond my core 15 the squad is $#@!, so I’ve got a lot of buying and loaning to do, but hopefully Europa League football will make us a lot more appealing.

Haven’t really found any quirks in the game play, just that it’s running really slowly. But then I am running a dodgy version of Windows 7 on a 5 year old machine so perhaps performance isn’t what it could be. Really enjoying the game though, and I like the DoF function, as I often found recruiting staff very tedious.

That's very impressive, once again I've been outdone although I finished rather excellent 8th myself, I was quite happy to miss out on the Europa League qualification place tbh. I was having a blip around January that I managed to fix by buying Stefan Bell at CB who shored things up excellently Board gave me £28m to spend (the fools) and I set about doing my best with it. One problem I have had is trying to factor in the Home Grown players because I can't find anyone even remotely good who fits in the category and need to be careful not to sell the ones I have who qualify for it. I did, however snap up Victor Moses for £3.2m after he played a whole 2 games for Chelsea in 2 years.

My team at the moment is: (also playing 4-2-3-1)

Hennessey

Oliver Sorg Johnson Bell Ostrzolek

James McCarthy Doumbia

Sidney Sam E. Torres Moses

K. Volland

I still have Henry, SEB, Berra, Foley, Sako, Sigurdarson and Stearman in the squad so not a complete overhaul!

Make sure you get it patched (it came out last night I think) because there's a tax bug you'll encounter otherwise in the next couple of seasons.

Essentially corporation tax is going from 25% IRL to 24% in 2014 and then 22% in 2016 (I think, anyway). So they've tried to build this into the game but $#@!ed it up - you end up paying 25 + 24 = 49% and then eventually 49 + 22 = 71% in 2016. Meaning you have monthly tax bills running close to £100m if you're a CL club. I think they've fixed it in the patch so happy days.

Have a really horrible feeling that I read about this and the fix only applies to new games. Shit.

Back