• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Hang on, doesn't Windows warn you when a program's running and you're shutting down?

Hang on, doesn't Windows warn you when a program's running and you're shutting down?

It does but it usually just fucks it off anyway after a period of time. If say I'd selected shut down and gone to the bathroom to have a wash and clean my teeth I'd never see the warning before it timed out.

I didn't intentionally fuck it up, as said, it was an accident.

Not bothering with the Beta, I'll go with the full game when it comes out.

You guys are insane if you think the current game is a 'beta'.

Que?

FM13 is a beta at the moment.

Que?

FM13 is a beta at the moment.

In name only. Someone claiming they aren't going to play it because it's "in beta" is being ridiculous. The game as-is right now is pretty much, if not exactly, what it's going to be at release.

I'm enjoying it so far (3 pre season games in). Taking a while to get used to the new interface and new features. The training is particularly different, you can set an individual focus for every player (ball control, defending, tactical role etc.) and have a team focus each week which you can choose. Tempted to just get my AssMan to select the individual focus for everyone for now until I can work out the best method.

In name only. Someone claiming they aren't going to play it because it's "in beta" is being ridiculous. The game as-is right now is pretty much, if not exactly, what it's going to be at release.

No it's not. I signed in early last year and carried my save over into the full release, and the big problem with that was the early release had a very small database so when the full game hit the second season it populated the player database with super high quality Spanish and French players. Masses of real life players were missing from the game and it will be the same this time round if you want to carry your saved game over.

Also it's a demo, not a beta.

No it's not, a beta is something they send out to find new bugs and fix other things if people find them, the demo is pretty much the full release.

It is a beta, the demo is out next Friday.

SI usually have their betas out months before the actual game release, not a week or so before the demo.

This one's probably a public beta, even when you load it up, in the corner it says BETA.

No it's not, a beta is something they send out to find new bugs and fix other things if people find them, the demo is pretty much the full release.

Yep, bugs for games are always found and solved within two weeks. The code they're sending out to be put onto the dvd for stores is going to updated the night before, boxed up, and delivered by morning.

No it's not. I signed in early last year and carried my save over into the full release, and the big problem with that was the early release had a very small database so when the full game hit the second season it populated the player database with super high quality Spanish and French players. Masses of real life players were missing from the game and it will be the same this time round if you want to carry your saved game over.

Ahhhh yes, you're right. Full release games never have bugs. And my game has no real life players. Oh wait, it does.

Ahhhh yes, you're right. Full release games never have bugs. And my game has no real life players. Oh wait, it does.

Where did I say the full game had no bugs? And last year's early release was famous for the influx of world class newgens to populate the database of demo saves carried into full games. Not really bothered what sarcastic comments you want to come back with.

It's not the demo though, it's the full game.

Where did I say the full game had no bugs? And last year's early release was famous for the influx of world class newgens to populate the database of demo saves carried into full games. Not really bothered what sarcastic comments you want to come back with.

Apparently you are bothered, since you're responding. Sorry though, not sure why I'm so aggro. Guess I'm just cranky today. :icon_lol: Fact of the matter is though, no game is going to have massive changes within two weeks. The current game is fine to play as-is. Doesn't really matter to me if people choose to wait for the actual release, but at least be reasonable in the reasons why.

I STILL haven't gotten to an actual game yet. Why the hell did the season start in January? I guess so I could work the transfer market? When starting the game it was something like 230 days before the first match. Gloucester is well on their way to becoming Champions League winners since my transfer dealings have massively improved the side... just gotta deal with winning this pesky Blue Square Bet North league first.

Accidentally got a little attack happy during the off season; too many good CM/ST and not enough good defenders. Forgot how annoying it is having such a small budget and having no one want to sign with you. It was annoying enough when I played Stockport last save, a league lower is so much worse. I also have no width, also seemed to forget that a crappy team can't handle being overrun in midfield.

Started the season losing 3 in a row, and am now on a 3 game winning streak where I've been destroying the competition. Hopefully the trend continues.

edit -- New 3D engine is kind of weird. It plays better and worse at the same time. Ball movement is supposed to be more realistic but it's kind of awkward. While I like a lot of the new options, some of the menus seem hard to navigate and some of the options hard to find.

Last edited:

It's not the demo, it's the full game with the full database and the lot. The game will automatically update to the full release version on 2nd November when it is released. Obviously there will be changes based on feedback from the beta but it's more or less the full game.

Back