• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I can't wait for the beta (assuming I get sent a code), I've got completely bored of my save(s) on FM12 so really looking forward to starting again and seeing what the new version is like.

I can't wait for the beta (assuming I get sent a code), I've got completely bored of my save(s) on FM12 so really looking forward to starting again and seeing what the new version is like.

Did you pre-order it from somewhere that had the beta codes?

Yeah but only the other day, have a feeling there may have been a finite amount of codes for pre-ordering people.

One thing I'd really like to see for Football Manager is some decent historical databases, preferably done by SI.

It would be great to start at the beginning of a historical decade, so, say, 1959-60, 1969-70, 1979-80 and so on.

One thing I'd really like to see for Football Manager is some decent historical databases, preferably done by SI.

It would be great to start at the beginning of a historical decade, so, say, 1959-60, 1969-70, 1979-80 and so on.

They did sort of half start this around 1997/8, never came out though.

Being a reet nerd, I did once create the 1988/9 Wolves team on CM2. Great days.

I'd love a Wolves legends one, from my era, the likes of Murray, Bull, Lescott, Keane, Stowell, Pollet, Rae, obviously a lot more, especially older ones, but those are ones I can think of atm, set as youngsters, and having them at the club and helping them progress.

On a champman forum they did a legends update I think, never tried it though

Just started the beta, beat the reserves so it's a good start! I'm a bit disappointed the 3D doesn't seem to look any better.

3D is shite, 2D all the way still for me although I'm not buying it this year as it won't form a great partnership with my dissertation.

I didn't bother pre-ordering the new one as i didn't fancy playing the potentially buggy beta, think i may have ruined my save on FM12 last night though, turned the computer off without saving/closing FM first and now it wont load, think the last autosave before that is ages back too.

I'm not buying this years as I've spent the last 4 years putting more time into FM than my degree so I won't pick this years up until I've finished in June.

For some reason there was a back up of my save file created about a week ago, on a day i dont think i even played FM, went to the exact same date as when i played it last night though so all is good again for Solihull Moors.

My board are starting to piss me off, they just wont put the money where i want it, i have great junior coaching but they wont improve youth recruitment to go with it, i ask for feeder clubs and they tell me they'll find someone but they always come back saying there was no-one suitable. Still doing alright buying cheap youngsters and then selling then they try to take me for stupidly big contract, that's bringing enough money in for me to keep building towards the top of the rich list.

I'm not buying this years as I've spent the last 4 years putting more time into FM than my degree so I won't pick this years up until I've finished in June.

By then we will be in the Premier League so you'll probably wait for the next one

Waiting for my database to generate, wahoooo]

edit -- Go Gloucester City! Tigers ftw. Lowest valued team in all of England. Let's do this.

edit edit -- Aw dammit there's gotta be a way to change your manager name once in game... "Steve Last Name" currently.

Last edited:
I didn't bother pre-ordering the new one as i didn't fancy playing the potentially buggy beta, think i may have ruined my save on FM12 last night though, turned the computer off without saving/closing FM first and now it wont load, think the last autosave before that is ages back too.

You really do take laziness to a whole new level. I'm amazed you can be arsed to breathe.

I never thought the day would come when I'd stop playing FM, but 09 must've been my last serious version (I had 10 but hated it). If, big if, I get a new laptop in the next month then I may go for this new one...wolves in the championship is a nicer challenge than starting in the prem.

Back