• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Started off really well, beat Torquay in the league cup 5-0, came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Huddersfield then beat Leeds 3-1 away and Derby 6-0(!) at home. Peszko is fucking brilliant, 4 goals and 4 assists in the four matches so far.

Decided to restart my Gloucester City game several hours in, what a waste. I must have accidentally changed the season start time to January, so there were 7 months of wages with no incoming funds. By the time the season started I was in more debt than the entire club is worth, board already suggesting I sell players when I was thin as it is. Also had some weird glitch where I signed two coaches and they accepted but never showed up in my staff list. Started in June this time, much better financial start to the season and a full coaching staff.

What a pain.

Started off really well, beat Torquay in the league cup 5-0, came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Huddersfield then beat Leeds 3-1 away and Derby 6-0(!) at home. Peszko is $#@!ing brilliant, 4 goals and 4 assists in the four matches so far.

Next 3 games - won 8-1 against Barnet in the cup, 2-1 against Cardiff and 4-1 at Forest. SEB now has 10 goals in 6 games :icon_eek:

Just brought Neil Emblen back to Wolves, he's at the tender age of 41, got him for £5k from Burton!

Gah don't understand... I am on a terrible 3 month run. Won maybe 2, tied 2, lost the rest. So bad. Was in 4th place and just dropped like a rock. My team is pretty good too, shouldn't be any reason for them. My goalie makes stupid errors almost every single game, but that doesn't excuse losing 1-4, 3-6, etc.

Went back to my FM12 Wolves game earlier and unrealistic as always.....I beat Swansea 4-0 with both Berra and Karl Henry scoring!

Doing quite well in my first season in the Premiership, currently sitting in 9th position in February, I did a bad thing, I signed Mark Davies :( he fits in so well in my 4-2-3-1 formation as an attacking playmaker, also got Melikson as a trequarista and Rafinha from Barca as the other attacking playmaker sitting just behind Adimilson, brought Frimpong home and play him in the central midfield alongside Henry, both set as ball winning midfielders, defence is still a bit shit, but Enyeama seems to have shored it up a little, lacking in the centre of my defence, but a couple of newgens should sort that out for me! Also managed to get Coloccini as Toon got relegated, nearly got Cabaye and Ben Arfa but their wages were astronomical compared to what I was willing to pay.

Don't you just hate it when this happens?
pU1C6.png

FM's annoying me, I can't get rid of JOH and Griffiths even though I've offered them both out for £0, and I hate my DoF, he sold Hennessey (who transfer listed) for £1m (which is what I wanted), yet he sold him agreeing to the deal that I pay for £29k of his £30k wages at Leeds!

Noticing several weird aspects to the game... hoping they're pre-release bugs and not actual game implementations.

Team has gone to crap in the last few months. I was riding a 12 game win streak around the break, 1st place with 3 games in hand, and am now in 9th come April. Not sure what went wrong... I changed my keeper around then but this guys stats are so much better, not sure why we would suddenly start losing because of that. Adjusted a few tactics and am getting back to winning, hopefully I make it up. Finances are going to shit and will be in trouble if in the bottom tier again. Not to mention it's a waste of my time to keep having to replay the bottom.

Top of the league in January, just had a 12 match unbeaten run ended away at Cardiff. SEB is still insane, he's scored over 25 already.

Installed the demo, played for ten minutes, got bored and uninstalled it. I don't understand why they've fiddle around with the UI again, it's awful now.

Currently in the 2016/2017 season, got Wolves to 7th in the league with some good signings, but then Man Utd sacked Pep and offered me the job, along with £88m transfer budget, I just couldn't resist, the standard of quality I can get is so much better, but I miss being at Wolves :(

Back