• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

How long have you been playing it Booz? I seem to remember you being on 11 when this thread was being updated pretty much daiily last year.

My team:

---------------------------Hennessey---------------------------------

Wallace----------Johnson-------------Wilson----------------Planas

----------------------------Frimpong----------------------------------

--------------Henry/Doumbia---------Drage--------------------------

Peszko-------------------------------------------------------------Sako

------------------------------Doyle---------------------------------------

Subs: Ikeme, Batth, Kleber, Henry/Doumbia, O'Hara, Hughes, Ebanks-Blake

With Adryan, Stearman, Sigurdarson, Hunt also involved..

Third in the league and outplaying every team. I had thirty shots in the last game!!

Drage! He was ace after I signed him in January, he's not getting much time in the Prem though, so I might try and loan him out.

We finished 8th in our first season back, we were 6th until two late goals from Liverpool and Stoke on the last day knocked us down. I was supremely pissed off as I thought we'd lost out on European football on GD but the Blouses managed to sneak in through the virtue of losing the FA Cup final.

My team:

----------------------------Hennessey-------------------------

Foley----------Johnson-----------Benatia----------Ostrzolek

Vico------------Odjidja------------O'Hara---------------Sako

------------------------Wellington Nem-----------------------

--------------------------Ademilson---------------------------

Subs: Baath, Coleman/Ward, Simao, Chantome, Lazovic, Doyle, Fierro
Others: Oblak, Stearman, Hughes, Davis, Drage, Sigurdarson

Chantome was only on loan from PSG and I sent Hughes to Espanyol for 6 months, where he was running riot so he'll be right in the mix this season. I've signed Keisuke Honda on a pre-contract agreement and I'm looking to move on Foley/Coleman, Stearman and Doyle permanently with Drage and Sigurdarson going out on loan.

Currently in my 4th season, my side looks nothing like it did the first season, got no players bar Tongo in my squad, my team looks like this.

--------------Marc Andre Ter Stegen--------------
Nathanial Clyne--------Alvaro Dominguez----Stefan Strandberg----------Grandi(Regen)
----------------------------Fernando--------------Tongo Doumbia-----------
Jerfferson Farfan------------------Miroslav Stoch----------------------------Estigarribia
----------------------------------------Kweuke---------------------------------

Brought Fletcher back for £9m from Sunderland after they got relegated, and managed to get European football in my first season in the Prem after finishing 5th! Last season I finished 8th, but I won the Europa League after a 1-0 win over Porto in the Final!

Sorted out all my coaches now too, still got Lange as my assistant as the players listen to him, lowest star coach I have now is 4, trying to get better though but can't afford their wages unfortunately, but 4* isn't bad, should help the youngsters reach their potential.

Nando I managed to bring in Honda on a free too, he was naff though so I flogged him for £5m, also brought in Seydou Doumbia on a free! He's not doing much either so he'll be off too I think!

Drage has been awesome for me, I've made sure I haven't used him too much. But I have got Hughes and Adryan to play when he is tired (both 17)

I hate Man City on this game, they signed Yohan Cabaye, now he's transfer listed at £1.1m, he's only 29 so would be a superb signing, I can get him, but due to them giving him £140k a week, I've got zero chance of signing him, arseholes!

EDIT: Yep, told you, he wants £170k a week, good luck Yohan, you can rot.

On the plus side, I've just got £10m for Seydou Doumbia, not a bad profit.

Drage's got a 4* rating, so I don't want to move him on yet. There are loads of quality Scandinavians available for a pittance in the first season, I wish I snapped up a few more.

I can't recommend Fede Vico enough, costs a lot for an 18 year old, but he's going to be immense. I've got some two very tasty looking regens in my reserves, but they're only 17 so I'm not chucking them in quite yet. Thinking about it, I might make do with Foley and Coleman for this year, then move them both on next season then have my regen RB as back up to a significant upgrade.

And it turns out I missed out on Europe by a 93'rd minute Demba Ba goal for Newcastle. Wankers. I didn't think I'd have much chance with two games to go against United and Chelsea but I picked up 4 points from them.

Drage's got a 4* rating, so I don't want to move him on yet. There are loads of quality Scandinavians available for a pittance in the first season, I wish I snapped up a few more.

I can't recommend Fede Vico enough, costs a lot for an 18 year old, but he's going to be immense. I've got some two very tasty looking regens in my reserves, but they're only 17 so I'm not chucking them in quite yet. Thinking about it, I might make do with Foley and Coleman for this year, then move them both on next season then have my regen RB as back up to a significant upgrade.

And it turns out I missed out on Europe by a 93'rd minute Demba Ba goal for Newcastle. Wankers. I didn't think I'd have much chance with two games to go against United and Chelsea but I picked up 4 points from them.

Gotta say, having checked out that Drage, who's now at Celtic, he's quality! Got all the right stats, Celtic have developed him well! Another quality Scandinavian is Ole Kristian Selnaes, I've had this bloke since day 1, he's been awesome, his stats are fantastic, especially as a DLP, gets his fair share of assists from corners too! Can't recommend Stefan Strandberg enough either, get bother of them for about £3m combined, if not less, completely worth it, both been in my starting line up since the Championship!

Isn't Vico an IF? Same with Deulofeu, don't think they can play as out and out wingers, although it would be nice to have them.

Forgot I have Selnaes too, he's been out on loan and been in and out of Swansea's team. Stats are great, but he gets knocked off the ball easily.

Vico can play anywhere really, him and Sako swap over. He does cut inside, but that's what I want him to do as I let Wellington Nem go wherever he wants and he often ends up on the flanks.

Forgot I have Selnaes too, he's been out on loan and been in and out of Swansea's team. Stats are great, but he gets knocked off the ball easily.

Vico can play anywhere really, him and Sako swap over. He does cut inside, but that's what I want him to do as I let Wellington Nem go wherever he wants and he often ends up on the flanks.

With Selnaes, I usually have a ball winner next to him, either Fernando, Doumbia or Whelan, and they kinda play like the stoppers do in the NFL, to let the QB do what he does and spray the passes about, which is what Selnaes does.

Sounds like you've got a really good system going on your save then, I liked Nem, but he never really played well, bar as an IF, but then the rest of the team didn't play that well, so sold him for £7.5m.

How you finding selling players? Some people have been complaining that it's been really hard and they could hardly give players away, but I've never had that trouble, only had that problem once, and that was with O'Hara, mainly due to his fitness and injuries though.

It seems to be working quite nicely right now, it's going to be tough to get anywhere near the top three as they're relentless in the transfer market. I can beat them over a single game, but we've got no chance over a whole season.

I never really change the way we play, I just shift between 4-4-1-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-2-3-1. I'll only bring in a DM (Simao - absolute tank) against the big boys.

Nem's an odd one, he's brilliant or nowhere at all. He links up wonderfully with Ademilson though, who's going to be the best striker about if he continues improving at this rate.

I've moved on everybody I've wanted to, unless they're on big wages. Nouble is on 10k a week FFS, but he'll be off on a free at the end of the season. Doyle's on over 30k now and I'm looking to shift him on, but I can't get any takers.

I'm struggling to find any real improvements for next season. All my centre half targets are too expensive or not interested and the rest of my squad hasn't got any gaping holes in it.

How long have you been playing it Booz? I seem to remember you being on 11 when this thread was being updated pretty much daiily last year.

I've been playing FM12 since the demo was released, I carried that half season save into the full game.

Just tried to sign a Spanish right back, he wanted 99k a week after his first international appearance. I think not.

It seems to be working quite nicely right now, it's going to be tough to get anywhere near the top three as they're relentless in the transfer market. I can beat them over a single game, but we've got no chance over a whole season.

I never really change the way we play, I just shift between 4-4-1-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-2-3-1. I'll only bring in a DM (Simao - absolute tank) against the big boys.

Nem's an odd one, he's brilliant or nowhere at all. He links up wonderfully with Ademilson though, who's going to be the best striker about if he continues improving at this rate.

I've moved on everybody I've wanted to, unless they're on big wages. Nouble is on 10k a week FFS, but he'll be off on a free at the end of the season. Doyle's on over 30k now and I'm looking to shift him on, but I can't get any takers.

I'm struggling to find any real improvements for next season. All my centre half targets are too expensive or not interested and the rest of my squad hasn't got any gaping holes in it.

Do you ever struggle at all? I'm finding with my tactic that I tend to struggle say half way through the season, where I just can't buy a win for the life of me, I have to set up another tactic, then go back to my other one after a while, only way it seems to work!

I've had that trouble with him too, he does tend to link up really well, then as you say, nothing, he'll just just drift through games, quite an enigma he is.

Yeah, some of the wages I saw people were on, especially when you can get better for so much less! I think I sold RoJo, Doyle, Stearman and Berra, just to free up places and wages, and brought in better replacements, especially as you said, Doyle's on £30k, RoJo £30k, and you can get the likes of Ademilson/Nem/Strandberg as replacements for just over half the wages that Doyle and RoJo are on.

Have you tried Strandberg? Can recommend him and Alvaro Dominguez from Gladbach, got them pair and they're very reliable!

Just tried to sign a Spanish right back, he wanted 99k a week after his first international appearance. I think not.

You tried Clyne? Was transfer listed on mine, think he has been on a few others too, so might be worth a punt?

We're pretty consistent, I've not been on a really horrendous run yet. I've gone five without a win, but I expect that.

RoJo has been an absolute rock for me, he's going nowhere yet. Baath looks very very good though, so I've no idea what I'm going to do. Chasing Botia for £8m now and Fabio for £1.6m, who would be an absolute bargain. Clyne looks good but is already worth £7.5m.

I've been looking at Dominguez, but I can't justify the wages.

Fabio rejects me to join recently relegated Fulham. This game....

We're pretty consistent, I've not been on a really horrendous run yet. I've gone five without a win, but I expect that.

RoJo has been an absolute rock for me, he's going nowhere yet. Baath looks very very good though, so I've no idea what I'm going to do. Chasing Botia for £8m now and Fabio for £1.6m, who would be an absolute bargain. Clyne looks good but is already worth £7.5m.

I've been looking at Dominguez, but I can't justify the wages.

Hmm, must just be something to do with my tactic then, oh well, no biggie, not like it's cost us anything, just keep finishing above mid table, can't seem to get that push to finish top 4!

Oh yeah, I agree with RoJo, but it was just his wages, especially at his age too, thought I may as well cash in whilst I could and get his wages off the bill. I lost Baath :( I wasn't playing him, and then I started to, but his contract was out, so he signed a pre-contract with... Motherwell :l now he's at West Ham, his stats look awesome, really regret that. Botia would be a good signing, he's a fairly consistent, solid defender, no nonsense either. Ahh, what about Wallace from Fluminense, or Romario from Vitora?

Fabio rejects me to join recently relegated Fulham. This game....

Oh that's a wounder, he'd have been a superb signing, especially at that fee.

I always set out to play on the counter, regardless of who I'm against. Maybe that has something to do with it.

RoJo is out of contract at the end of this season, I'll probably just let him go. Missed out on Botia too. Wallace is going to cost a fortune and I completely forgot about Romario. Fabio has gone to Fulham on 47k in the Championship. Mad.

I've signed Tomas Kalas on loan from Chelsea for the year to cover my centre half space. He was decent on loan at Wigan last year and my scouts rate him very highly so I'll see how he goes.

So far, I've signed Dusan Tadic on loan for United for the season and Keisuke Honda on a free and sold Stearman, Margreitter and Doyle.

I managed to pick up Rafael Toloi for £6m. Good all round defender, leaving me with four quality centre backs.

I've decided I'm going to chuck my regen right back in at the deep end as I can't find anything better.

Beat the Baggies and Stoke 2-0 and lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the first three games of 14/15. Sako is an animal.

Back