• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Here is my team (just about to start third season)

-------------------------------Hennessey---------------------------------------

Wallace------------Johnson---------------Bell--------------------------Planas

--------------------------------M'Vila--------------------------------------------

---------------------Chantome------------Iborra--------------------------------

Lennon---------------------------------------------------------------Wijnaldum

--------------------------------Ademilson----------------------------------------

Subs: new GK, Batth, Foley, Doumbia, Drage, Moses/Sako, Sigurdarson

Others: Stearman, Garrido, Simao, Hughes, Adryan.

I'm probably looking at:

-----------------------------ter Stegen-------------------------

Peruzzi----------Batth----------------Moreira(R)-------Clyne

-------------------Fernando------Verratti---------------------

El'Sharaawy---------------Oscar---------------Chamberlain

---------------------------Ademilson--------------------------

Hennessey, Luciano(R), Toloi, Butler(R), Ostrzolek, Jali, Roger(R), Hughes, Giuliano, Bevan(R), Purdy(R), Vico, Fierro, Souza(R)

R is for regen, and all of them are looking top notch. Moreira has the highest average rating in the league at the moment.

EDIT: WE JUST SCORED A FREE KICK! MY WORD, FIRST ONE IN FIVE SEASONS.

Ha, was going to mention free kicks, I think I've scored 1 in 3 and a half seasons and only let in 1 or 2 as well - not sure if this is a common issue?

Anyway my team in February 2016 is:

----------------------Hennessey---------------------

Johnson-----Kana-Bilik(sp?)-------Bell-------Ostrozolek

------------Hoffman-----Rodwell---------------

Sam--------------Belhanda--------------Moses

--------------------Walcott----------------------

My AMC varies between Torres, Taraabt and Belhanda, I have Sako and Narsingh as other wingers, Siggy and Volland as other strikers, Doumbia and McCarthy as midfield cover and Oliver Sorg covers both fullbacks. Decent squad depth now but not sure how much I'll be able to improve until I get a LOT more money and my reputation increases sufficiently to attract the top players.

I scored a few freekicks in successive games (Sako) but apart from that score very few.

Got bored of my Wolves save, and what with the new ME update out today, I decided to start a new season, took me a while to think who as I wanted a bit of a challenge, in the end decided to go with Bilbao, only signing Basque and trying to break into the top 2-3 will be the challenge, quite looking forward to it, got given £17.5m to spend, but the players I want are too expensive for me, so gotta try and just do something with the players I can sign, and see where I can finish, also got rid of all physio/scouts/chief scouts/coaches/DoF and replaced everyone with new staff, so that'll help improve the players I have.

Quite looking forward to seeing what I can do.

Lost the League Cup final on penalties after numerous chances to win. Gutted. I'm also pissed off that I had the first leg of a Europa league match on Thursday, League cup final on Sunday and then 2nd leg of europa league on Tuesday. Wtf?

New ME has been released. My team have now gone to shit :icon_lol:

Didn't wanna start a thread in case no one else played this but.. anyone else play SoccerManager? Quite fun really, and easy to look after..

We're in a titanic title battle. Chelsea, Man United, Spurs & ourselves are all involved and if we were all to win our remaining games we'd win the league! Into the semi-finals of the Europa League but been knocked out of the FA Cup by Spurs in the Semi-Final, but gained revenge three days later in the league.

United would have won it at a canter, but managed to lose six on the bounce over Christmas.

Nice! How did you download the new match engine?

As it stands:

Man United: P33, 70
Tottenham: P34, 69
Chelsea: P34, 68
Wolves: P31, 66

Quite why we've got three games in hand I don't know.

Made the Europa League final and we've just been spanked 5-1 by United. We need to win one of our remaining two league games to clinch the title. Hopefully morale hasn't taken to much of a hammering.

The match engine changes are soooo muuuccchhhh beetttttttttttttteeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We won the league! Wasn't expecting that at the start of the season. Ademilson, Oscar and El Shaarawy are my holy trinity. They're unreal and I just had to sign Oscar up for a new deal, so he's now on 110k. I think we can get away with it now though considering we'll have Champions League revenue flowing in.

I've mainly focused on bringing in young talent this summer, but Rafael Toloi and Andile Jali got grumpy when I rejected bids from Juve so they've both gone and I've spent pretty big on replacements for them. Two regens, both pant wettingly good for £35m for the pair. My defence is going to be the best I've ever had stat wise in a few years time.

I'll post screenshots of my young ones at some point.

And yes T3ch, it's fantastic now.

Well done Nando!

Couldn't get Toloi, two expensive.. can you explain in more detail how to get update? I looked in steam and couldn't find anything?

If you go to Game Status what version does it say it is running? It auto updates without you realising sometimes.

With the update, I'm 13.2.3.350104, ME v1339.

Wouldn't worry too much about Toloi, decent but I've found Batth to better.

What or where is game status? ha, sorry I'm useless!

Batth has done well for me, doing okay in Europa League but struggling in league right now.

Back