• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

It sucks that I don't get any modern players by the time I'm in the high enough leagues, but I have a pretty cool coaching staff... Landon Donovan, Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Dave Edwards, Tomas Rosicky, Stuart Holden

Tried to get Dempsey but can't afford him yet.

This game is bullshit, Keogh has played 180 games for Milwalll scoring 120 goals, and Doyle just finished top goalscorer in the prem.

On another note, I made the playoffs with Cardiff and lost to Wigan. Hoping to build on my squad for next season. Bought Guidetti in Januray but was injured most of the season with a broken collarbone.

I think this season has shown Wolves players to be the most overrated ones in the whole of Football Manager.

Are you rotating your squad? Could just be that they're knackered/lacking match fitness, especially if they're playing in the week and on the weekend.

Yes, maybe too much in fact!

Decent end to the season saw us finish 4th in my 3rd season in the Premiership with Wolves. That along with getting to the final of the league cup and reaching the knockout stages of the Europa League makes it a very decent season in my eyes. I shall now scour the world for some extra quality to bring in and get rid of as many as I can afford to from my current squad to trim it down a bit.

Just signed a 34 year old Ashley Young to my championship side. :icon_lol:

Voici Marseille:

om1n.jpg

Sent Barton back to QPR on my very first day, no place for you here, you ratfaced cunt.

Good grief, not seen that game for ages. It looks so primitive...

It's great on a modern laptop, it runs like lightning. Javi Martinez now anchoring my midfield.

Fanni. Lol.

I just found this gem of a regen at Anderlecht and snapped him up for 2.5m now and 2.5m after 50 games

dAT9rn6.png

Just lost 2-0 to a Cardiff side who have the worst squad of players I've ever seen in this game for a Premier League team. Elokobi MOTM.

Champions League isn't going too well.

Good grief, not seen that game for ages. It looks so primitive...

It's still the best football game ever, always end up having a game on it. Had one with Hereford, promoted three years running and had a guy scoring 50+ every year, but my laptop charger broke and I'm yet to replace it !

Those of you on the latest game, how do the careers of our youngsters progress? Anything noteworthy so far?

Won the title with Batth at the heart of my defence. I've sold Ismail for £7.5m, he was top Championship/lower Prem quality but not a patch on what I'd managed with him last year.

Forde is ok, the rest haven't done much.

Just signed a 34 year old Ashley Young to my championship side. :icon_lol:

Young is, stats wise, one of the best on my team. Performance wise, he's probably the biggest POS I've ever signed. Jesus, I can NOT get this guy to play well. Tried him on the wing, tried him as an inside forward, tried him as a wide mid... Even tried swapping sides a few times. Only had 7.00 rating once, and is the 2nd lowest rated on my team except for some 19 year old.

I'm guessing he's got no pace any more?

It's almost impossible for players to consistently perform well on FM when their pace goes. It's improved on 13 a little as I've got a few players who have a pace attribute of under 10, but they still perform well.

Have you tried him in the middle? He should technically be miles ahead of anything in that division.

He's got 11 pace/acceleration, so not particularly terrible. I'm wondering if he just joined the team at the wrong time. Way after the transfer window as a free agent, missed all the teamwork/cohesion training, currently on an 11-game winless streak, etc.

But of course as I say all this he just had a 2 goal, 1 assist, 8.9 game... Granted it was an FA cup match, but my team has been awful for a few weeks. Decided to try a completely new formation mid-season. And it happens to have Mr. Young in his strongest position. We'll see how he does against better competition.

League form picking up now, Will Hughes playing well, Adryan more involved too. Europa League last 32 game v Dortmund next!

Wow, won 3-0 in the first leg! Stefan Bell has been immense for me lately and he has about 8 goals this season :icon_lol:

Back