• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Cheers. I was more concerned about spending my 40 million transfer budget than watching what was going on around me. By the way how difficult is it to sign players of a decent quality, they either want wages that your board wont agree to or the club want silly money to buy them.

I had a bid accepted for Darren Bent and he wanted £70,000 wages, so I adjusted my budget thingy and he want £110,000. Wanker.

I had that same problem trying to sign Bent. Just didn't bother in the end.

Modigo Maiga is a good one to pick up for the wings BTW. A little expensive but always seems to perform well.

You can haggle with most players, never accept their first demands. The agents fees are the killer, tried rushing through a transfer and didn't see I'd splashed out 7m for the greedy bastard's duties.

I kept getting caught out by highest earner clauses.

Get a great player in under wage budget and then see three other players all get £15k a week pay rises and piss the board off.

I haven't really had to deal with any of the agents shit so far, i've only dealt with free transfers in non-league football.

I try not to give players the match highest earner clause, I'd rather just give him an extra 5k or so a week which usually does the trick.

After a good start I lost six in the row dropped down to 8th. Haven't lost for five or so now and sit 6th. even the lowest of league players don't want to join me on loan.

5 games left of my 3 season with Telford, just crept back into the play off spots but its going to be a very tight finish and would need a pretty big collapse from top of the league Darlington to see me snatch the automatic promotion spot.

Well, with 2 games to play i was in the driving seat, still occupying that play off spot, but i threw it all away with a silly 0-1 defeat at home to 18th placed Barrow, now i'm depending on 2 teams failing to win to give me a chance of sneaking that last play off spot.

Yessssss! Just nipped in there ahead of Wrexham and Newport, bow down to my superior goal difference Wales!

Last edited:
I downloaded the iPhone version on Saturday and have been playing it every day since. Started with Wolves and am about a third of the way through the season.

I don't think they can handle my progressive 3-5-2 formation anymore (don't start Deutsch!). It started well with 3-1 victories away at Citeh and home to Blackburn but since then my goals have dried up and the defence is letting too many in. Gonna have to go back to 4-4-2 I think as I've dropped to just above the relegation zone.

Do the players on the iPhone version correlate to the desktop version in terms of stats? I bought Benfica's strike duo Cardozo and Jara in a player + cash deal for Stearman and Fletcher.

The thing is Fletcher is an absolute beast in the 2011 game, so you probably got a lot more for him than would be expected!

He was rubbish in pre-season. Doyle got 4 goals in his first 3 games of the season so I haven't missed him to be honest.

I also missed out on Antonio Valencia as he was deemed surplus to requirements at Utd. They accepted Jara + £2m fee but the player wanted £10k p/w more than my max wages and £100k more signing on fee than I could afford. The board wouldn't budge on budget and Valencia wouldn't accept the contract. Cunt.

Oh I forgot to mention, Liverpool bought Vokes for £4.3m!! Madness!

Lost in the play off final in my first season. I got in on the last day, recovering from a really bad run again. Weirdly, the final was played at Alferton who I was playing!

Lots of my players gone, trying to sign lots of good young players. Winnall and Reckord on their way I think, plus other good ones.

I couldn't get Reckord to come to Telford on my game, got quite a few other ex-Wolves youths though, Winnall, Davis, Rooney, Metcalf, Dunleavy and Cassidy. When i get back from Uni i'm going to have to try and conquer the BSP play-offs and recruit some more academy drop outs, think Doherty and Malone may be available this season, could the Bucks be playing league football next season?

I couldn't get Reckord to come to Telford on my game, got quite a few other ex-Wolves youths though, Winnall, Davis, Rooney, Metcalf, Dunleavy and Cassidy. When i get back from Uni i'm going to have to try and conquer the BSP play-offs and recruit some more academy drop outs, think Doherty and Malone may be available this season, could the Bucks be playing league football next season?

I can't get David Davis, won't even talk to me. Building up a good team, should win it this year. Been offered a new contract even though I didn't get us promoted!

Seems strange you cant get Davis, everytime i play a derby he's referred to in the press conference as a 'Telford lad'.

I managed to scrape through the play offs, won the first leg of the semi 3-0 but was on the ropes all game in the 2nd leg which saw me lose 2-0. Then the final went down to penalties after both teams finished with 10 men, managed to convert all my penalties with Cambridge missing their penultimate one.

Just hope i can get some decent signings in, maybe turn professional and bring some money in.

I'll wait a bit as no one has gone for him, I reckon I can end up with him ha. Nice stuff, so you are in the League. And can you decide to go proffessional or does it just happen?

xtyh_f90_u939i.png

:Victory: Take that you egg-chasing wankers!!

That was my 4th win in a row, after away wins at Newcaste and Liverpool sandwiching a home against Bolton. Taken me up to 6th in the league now. The 3-5-2 is back working as my vision and philosophy intended!

I'll wait a bit as no one has gone for him, I reckon I can end up with him ha. Nice stuff, so you are in the League. And can you decide to go proffessional or does it just happen?

On previous games it just happens, i think its linked in with money as much as anything, when you start earning enough to fund a full time side then they let you have a go. If and when that time comes i hope it'll see me become more attractive, probably not a great advertisement for anyone coming from a full time set up to come and play for you 3 days a week, going to get back on there in a bit and see what i can muster up.

xtyh_f90_u939i.png

:Victory: Take that you egg-chasing wankers!!

That was my 4th win in a row, after away wins at Newcaste and Liverpool sandwiching a home against Bolton. Taken me up to 6th in the league now. The 3-5-2 is back working as my vision and philosophy intended!

Hahaha how fake is that, Di Santo doesn't score goals.

Back