• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Decided to start a game with Hull.

Job #1 - Sell McShane to anybody willing

I actually managed to get Blackpool to pay a whole £1.3m + 20% sell on fee

Holloway really is mental!

My league 2 season with Telford got off to a decent start earlier, drew 1-1 each with Hereford, Winnall bagged himself a goal before new former Wolves signing Reckord scored a late own goal to soil his debut. Then came my first ever appearance in the league cup, played out the dullest of 0-0 draws with Leicester, not even a single shot on goal from either side even after extra time but i managed to snatch it on penalties.

Pro Vercelli are 4 points clear at the top of serie C2/A with three matches to go. Looks like the title will be mine if I at least draw against Mantova in the next game - I can't see them catching 4 points over the last two games as I play the bottom side at home on the final day of the season and my goal difference is better than theirs.

Isn't there some ridiculous play off system to get out of the the Serie C/# leagues though? Like the top 4 from each league get pooled together and all hell breaks loose?

Champions get promoted to C1/A god knows what happens to get into serie B

2-5th into seeded playoffs (I lost in them last season)

Champions get promoted to C1/A god knows what happens to get into serie B

2-5th into seeded playoffs (I lost in them last season)

Ahhh i knew there was some mental play off thing there, whoever invented that system for promotion must be insane.

It really fucked me up. I did my usual thing of play for a 0-0 in the home leg and then get a 1-1 away to go through on away goals. Went out as the lower seeded team. Fuckfuckfuck.

It really fucked me up. I did my usual thing of play for a 0-0 in the home leg and then get a 1-1 away to go through on away goals. Went out as the lower seeded team. Fuckfuckfuck.

Unlucky, i think i might have benefitted from that crazy rule on a game with Club San Marino on last years FM.

Sam Winnall just continues to astound me, last season my assistant was telling to go with other strikers in his place, he finished top goal scorer in the league, again this season i'm recommended to go with other options in his place but he's played 2 games in league 2 and scored 2 goals.

I'm targeting the League Cup this season, haven't got past the quarters in any season yet.

7 out of 7 in the league, scored 20, conceded 2. Got a 7 point gap over the Manchester duo who should be my biggest rivals.

Lost my best defender to United in the summer, played them in the Community Shield and my right winger ripped him to shreds.

Unlucky, i think i might have benefitted from that crazy rule on a game with Club San Marino on last years FM.

Sam Winnall just continues to astound me, last season my assistant was telling to go with other strikers in his place, he finished top goal scorer in the league, again this season i'm recommended to go with other options in his place but he's played 2 games in league 2 and scored 2 goals.

Hopefully he does decent for me in the Blue Square North then :D I should have a good enough team to win it this year. Could do with oe more good centre back though and I'm almsot complete.

Hopefully he does decent for me in the Blue Square North then :D I should have a good enough team to win it this year. Could do with oe more good centre back though and I'm almsot complete.

Winnall top scored in successive seasons in Blue Square North and Blue Square Prem for me, he looks set to have a decent record in League 2 as well.

Winnall's at Grimsby in League Two on mine, he's bagged in excess of 15 every season.

Well, that ended up tighter than it should have done. A completely crap end to the season meant I tied at the top of C2/A on 68 points and actually had a poorer goal difference than Lecco, who came second. Fortunately goal difference means nothing and positions are decided on head-to-head record. I had won at home and drawn away so Pro Vercelli were champions.

There is then an end of season super cup between the winners of the three C2 divisions, and that was a second trophy in the bag after my star striker who scored about as regularly as Torres in the run-in suddenly found his shooting boots.

The board at Vercelli love me. I have been set a mid-table target in C1 and have a respectable wage budget (33% increase). Just picked up 3 nice free transfers, although one is a bit injury prone. I also have a pre-season friendly against Roma for which they are paying Vercelli £75k. How nice of them.

Have you got a parent club set up? - Even if it's a good one keep asking as you may improve either the side of the financial benefits. Also, ask your board every three months or so for a feeder club so you can send the kids out for some match experience.

Juventus is the parent club. Bostin!

I will set up a feeder in board negotiations tonight.

Good start to the season for Winnall. 5 goals in 4 games. Also doing well is Greg Mills who was on loan to me last season, got him on a free he has 4 in 4.

Do any of you guys bother changing anything in training?

You must look at training, I cannot stress this enough. There are schedules you can download but that's cheating really. I generally have defenders, midfielders and strikers attached to separate coaches, emphasising the specific skills required, with the workload set just a notch below "high".

Training is something i need to look at now, when i was just a part time club i didn't bother but now i've got a couple of reasonable coaches and the lads are in everyday it might be worthwhile.

Back