• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I shifted Milijas for about £4.2 million quite easily. Elokobi usually makes a good £2.5m.

For some reason he is quite good. Keep him for a season and sell him to a promoted club.

Made a poor start with Napoli, taught a lesson by Juventus and then a 0-0 draw with Parma. Not looked at all threatening so far. Going to try and build a mainly Italian/Argentine squad.

Who you looking to sell? I had no problems shifting Keogh, Jones, Edwards, Elokobi, Hoff at the end of the first season.
Keogh, Edwards, Jones, Ward, Elokobi, Hahnemann, Halford, Mendez Laing, Griffiths. Foley went in the part-exchange for N'Zogbia.

All of them are set to Listed, and have offered them all out at a reduced cost. No offers yet. Nada, zip, nyetski. Though some clubs are interested if I offer them in exchange for other players.

Last edited:
Surely Hahnemaan is out of contract?

I never had a problem with any of the others, NML got released and I never had Griffiths in the first place. Are they set to not needed?

Yep Hahnemann and Basso are both out of contract and have now decided to retire at the end of this season, so it looks like I'm stuck with the useless old bastards.

Re: 'not needed' You can't go into that detail on the iPhone version. I can't even hire/fire staff!!

I managed to sell Edwards and Jones to Forest for £4.2m, and Ward and Halford to Leicester for £1.75m. I also let Batth go to WBA for £2.6m - I felt a little dirty. Thanks to that I now have £10m transfer budget, but still find it very difficult to buy a really decent DC or GK as my wage limit is £46k p/w. I got Smalling on loan for the season though.

Oh and half my squad got upset when I sold Edwards as apparently he is "one of the club's star players" :lol:

Last edited:
On my game Wolves got relegated first season and went straight back up, its now their 2nd season back in the Prem and they are currently 3rd in the league, 1 point off top, just after christmas. I was astonished so looked into their squad and was shocked to find they regularly have a central midfield of Henry and Edwards with Halford playing wide right, they also signed Leigh Griffiths, from Blackburn i think, when they got back into the Prem and he usually plays up top with Fletcher.

Ah didn't realise you were on the iPhone version. Were you trying to sell them at the start of the first season?

On my game Wolves got relegated first season and went straight back up, its now their 2nd season back in the Prem and they are currently 3rd in the league, 1 point off top, just after christmas. I was astonished so looked into their squad and was shocked to find they regularly have a central midfield of Henry and Edwards with Halford playing wide right, they also signed Leigh Griffiths, from Blackburn i think, when they got back into the Prem and he usually plays up top with Fletcher.

Basically, that's what we should do now then? :p

Ah didn't realise you were on the iPhone version. Were you trying to sell them at the start of the first season?
No I needed them then. I'm into the second season now.

Just about to play the first leg of my Northern Final of the Johnsons Paint Trophy, had a bit of a slump lately, few suspensions and injuries taking their toll but so have most the clubs around me, aside from 1st placed Hartlepool, so still in the play offs with a chance of an automatic spot.

Got tonked 3-0 by Brentford in the JPT Final but i've just won promotion to League 1 through the play offs thanks to a goal from Jake Cassidy. Had a shocking run of form at the end of the season and barely retained my play off place but then ended up winning all 3 play off games fairly comfortably.

Just over half way through the season and am top by four points with a game in hand. Winnall has 22 goals in 23 games. Out of both the cups but I achieved the target for both of them :)

Just over half way through the season and am top by four points with a game in hand. Winnall has 22 goals in 23 games. Out of both the cups but I achieved the target for both of them :)

How many years in are you? And what league are you in now?

I'm in League 1 now, in my fifth year, doing alright it has to be said. I'm sitting about midtable but its very tight from the top couple down so i'm only a win or 2 away from being in the play offs but about 20 clear of the relegation spots coming into the new year, Walsall are looking doomed on 7 points at the bottom.

Napoli are incredibly frustrating. Went on a terrific run after Christmas to get me back into contention for the Scudetto, smashing top of the league Inter 4-1 and second placed Juventus 3-0. Didn't concede a goal in the group stages of the Europa League, winning five and drawing one.

After going level with Inter at the top I've gone to pot and now sit twelve points behind, fighting to keep hold of my Champions League place as well as falling apart in the last 16 against Bayer Leverkusen.

Just completed the third season of the Pro Vercelli challenge. Finished 1 place outside the playoffs in C1/A when expectations were for a mid-table finish. All looking good, and the crowds are beginning to flock to the games (average gate is now over 4,000). However, the board are not overly pleased about my wage control (£39k a week against a limit of £32k) so I had better get into the playoffs next season I reckon.

Ahhh classic FM overspending Paddy, last season i was doing likewise with Telford but this season, due mainly to releasing lots of players in the summer and losing most of my scouts, i'm well below my budget and the board are very happy. I was very ambitious with my targets in the absence of any decent scouts and i've now got a rather small squad but we're getting by, the attendances have been steadily rising year on year too, i now have the highest % attendance in the league.

How many years in are you? And what league are you in now?

I'm in League 1 now, in my fifth year, doing alright it has to be said. I'm sitting about midtable but its very tight from the top couple down so i'm only a win or 2 away from being in the play offs but about 20 clear of the relegation spots coming into the new year, Walsall are looking doomed on 7 points at the bottom.

Still in my second season. Still in Blue square North.

Thats how my game went too, disappointing first season then 3 successive promotions and hoping to make it 4.

Back