• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

a poor first 6 games of the serie B season for Vercelli but still going okay I guess.

2017-2018, currently beating 2nd placed Leeds so could move above them and within 1 point of Pompey at the top if they lose.

Correction, i won and Pompey lost, i went top on goal difference. First attempt at the Championship and i could be top at Christmas, good times, couple more points would guarantee me safety looking at previous years tables, mission accomplished.

Any names we would recognise in your squad? What size is your stadium now? Doing a good job!

Still only the 6300, 2000 ish seated, that i started with as i haven't had the funds to buy it so i cant expand it yet.

I'm still going strong with the ex-Wolves lads where possible at the moment theres Doherty, Henry and Jones in there, also Stephen McGinn was at Wolves on the game i've got him too, i've got Willo Flood and Josh McEachran on the bench too, and Miles Addison plays alongside Doherty at centre half with Boaz Myhill in goal.

I found a screen on there thats made me particularly proud but i cant get the print screen to work properly, if i use the key on the keyboard then its as though FM is transparent and it print screens whatever is behind it. Theres an option for print screen in the options on FM but it either saves an empty webpage, a word document that just says my league position or sends it to a printer. Any ideas?

Ctrl+P, then stick it in Paint, then upload it to Imageshack/Tinypic?

Just gives you the print screen options from the game menu, pointless word file, pointless web file or send to a printer. Why have they made it so you cant print screen? :S What could anyone gain from print screening their FM game?

Just asked my brother and he reckons Alt+F9 works.

Apparently it saves the screenshot in your Sports Interactive folder. Sorry about the lack of information, but I don't have 2011 so I'm asking our kid by text!

Ye it gives you a choice to save it as either a web page or a text document, i've tried both, the text document is a word file that said 'AFC Telford - 1st in nPower Championship' and the webpage option gave me a blank webpage with a link to the SIgames homepage. Why is the game i love causing me so much pain, i even tried using a video capture program but the transparency thing screwed me again.

Well even though there was no option to save anything as a straight forward image, i just checked the Sports Interactive folder in My Documents, even though thats not where i chose to save the files to, and there were several screenshots, stupid bloody game.

Here's what made me so proud...

AFCTelfordUnitedHistory_Transfers.png

Last edited:
Where's the money gone?!!

You've done it all with free transfers?!? Impressive!

Not a single transfer fee paid, every season i switch my entire budget over to wages and gamble the clubs future on promotion/survival, pretty much every January i'm looking screwed as i cant afford to renew any contracts that are running down so i either have a firesale of the reserves, none available to do so this season, or just hope i can find adequate replacements come summer. An unexpected promotion to the Premiership this season would give the finances a very welcome boost.

What are the finances like for Telford by that point then? What kind of wage budget/transfer budget?

The problem I have with taking non-league sides up the pyramid is that they always seem to stall somewhere around the upper reaches of League 1. Not enough money to improve facilities, which means I can't attract a better quality of player nor produce decent youth talent, and then they can't afford to expand the stadium either, so revenue is permanently crippled. There's a glass ceiling in place which I can never quite shatter.

I started the season with a wage budget of £52k which i got bumped up to £57k around christmas when i changed my season goal from survival to promotion, rather ambitious but i was hoping it would allow me to secure a few longer contracts for people, it didn't happen. That seasons turnover in League 1 was about £4.2m and i think that resulted in about a £500k loss, i had a point where i had just over a million in the bank and i asked for improved youth facilities and to buy the stadium, they did the youth stuff then couldn't afford the ground.

I've already turned over more than £1million more than last year by the end of the season and have made about half a million profit, a fluke promotion to the Premiership would give me an insane cash bonus for a club my size, with the points i have already there should be no chance of me getting relegated. A few years in the Championship should still see me make some profit and hopefully be able to push on but just one year in the Premiership would hopefully bring my finances a long way forward and allow me to buy the ground and improve my facilities.

3rd of April, sad day for AFC Telford, first home game of the season that wasn't a sell out, damn you Blackpool not being a big enough draw.

Bloody hell Mark, that's a great effort! I've got 13 players on more than your entire wage budget.

How I wish I was sat at home playing FM rather than behind my desk at work...those were the days!

I thought my season was going to unravel post Christmas, as so many have, the injuries started stacking up but fortunately i was rewarded with a fairly kind run of fixtures and managed to keep the good run going. Now with 6 games left i sit 1 point ahead of Pompey, got the first of my injured players back, hopefully a few more will be available for the run in to see me live up to my ambitious post Christmas goal of promotion.

wow well done mate, good luck with the promoion race!

Back