• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Finished 2nd, missed out on top spot by 2 points, was hoping for a nice healthy cash boost for my league placing that would enable me to offer a few new contracts, i got £25k, pathetic.

Finished 2nd, missed out on top spot by 2 points, was hoping for a nice healthy cash boost for my league placing that would enable me to offer a few new contracts, i got £25k, pathetic.

Gtreat effort! Gonna be another cheap summer though at telford??

They offered me £12.5m and £100k wage budget, swapped it round to £6.5m and £200k. Had to pay a few lots of compensation to get some new staff in but still only recruited on free's so far, narrowly missed out on Lucas, Djourou, Chamakh and Sigurdsson but managed to get Gary Cahill, Samba, Whittaker (ex Wolves on the game), Mulumbu and Martin Paterson. Still a few reasonable holes in the squad though which need some work.

What formation do you use Mark? Sounds good!

Edinson Cavani, two league games and eight goals. So realistic.

I, personally, always like to use a 4-1-2-1-2 formation (otherwise known as a narrow diamond 4-4-2). I eschew wingers as an inelegant luxury.

Narrow diamond with wing backs is working a treat for me.

3-1-3-1-2 all the way! With wide wingers!!

Been the 41212 for me on the last 2 FM games too, at Telford i started out with 442 for a few years but then ended up struggling for adequate wingers and changed it round. Now the 41212 is well embedded and i dont even bother looking at wide players.

Quite a fair percentage of my goals come from either headers or shots outside the box. I like pacy, tricky wingers and tall rangy fuckers up front, coupled with good creative passers in the middle and a dribbling goalscorer sitting behind the front two. Usually if a team is good at defending one then they can't defend the other.

Just taken on the Austria U21 job to go alongside things at Telford, get that reputation out on the continent.

Won my first game with the Austria U21's, struggling in the Premiership though with only 4 points from 7 games.

Ditched the Austria U21's after about 2 months in charge, AFC Telford had a bit of a wobble last year barely staying up but this season has started better, my audacious transfer policy of risking massive fee's on players with massive potential has seen me sign 3 17 year old full backs at over £5million a piece, one of whom was set to leave for nothing after becoming an arrogant bastard so i flogged him to Zenit for £4m. This summer i took the policy to new heights, shelled out £10m on a 16 year old forward, he scored his first goal in his second game on this 17th birthday and has since netted 4 from 4 games and has got one in the match i'm currently playing against Leeds.

The future is bright for AFC Telford, first season in the new 'AFC Telford Stadium', creative name i know, with its 29000 capacity and some hot prospects on the books.

I thought you didn't pay fees for players?

That wasn't by choice, i never had any money until i got into the Premiership, since then its been all about massive gambles on very young players, most of which have paid off, or picking up old timers on free transfers, which has had mixed results, Tom Huddlestone and Gary Cahill were epic, Ivan Rakitic and Darren Fletcher were dreadful.

Finished 6th with Telford last season, my risky transfer of £10m on a 16 year old paid off with him getting 17 goals in the league, just tried to sign a new target man to go alongside him for £17m but he said he wasn't interested in coming to Telford when i got to discuss terms with him. Now several weeks later an item has appeared in my news feed saying he's pleased to have agreed terms, i didn't offer him any terms because he wouldn't talk to me! Just hoping he's not about to turn up on a stupid contract.

The official Twitter guy for the club just told me that he saw Milijas playing FM at the training camp the other day. He put himself in the team. I find that adorable.

So he should, he's top notch on the game.

My record against Albion: P20, W18, D2.

So he should, he's top notch on the game.

My record against Albion: P20, W18, D2.

On the previous years version i think Milijas was the last player from the real Wolves squad i had playing, he just kept improving until his legs died, then i shipped him out to Newcastle and replaced him with Anderson, who was also later shifted to Newcastle.

Back