• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Doesn't sound like a significant change this time, although refining the transfer system would be welcome. Working with the agents on 2011 sometimes gets right up my nose.

Sounds decent, especially the manage anywhere, anytime option.

Doubt I'll get it this year though, studying needs to come first.

Didn't know there was an FM thread here in here lol.

Gotta say, the pictures & videos released of the new one, do actually look quite good, the UI looks a lot more polished & clean & I'm hoping the improvements to the transfer system are good ones, the AI needs to be improved too.

Gotta say though, the manage anywhere addition is a cracking idea, if implemented correctly, there are bound to be a few bugs, but hopefully nothing too game breaking, had every CM/FM since 99/20 since it came with my first PC I brought lol. Been in to them ever since, brought every single one.

Many sleepless nights were caused by FM, it's too addictive, when you're on a winning streak, you know if you turn it off, you won't be able to win again so you keep playing, and if you're on a losing streak, you wanna get a couple of wins before bed, damn them!

I'd much rather see a complete AI overhaul and then leave the rest as it is. AI managers are inept at best the majority of the time.

I'd much rather see a complete AI overhaul and then leave the rest as it is. AI managers are inept at best the majority of the time.

They have no sense of the future, or the present at times, they buy players they don't need, and then stick them in the reserves & never play them!

I've seen a few future stars, go to big clubs, to sit in the reserves, then a couple of seasons later, shipped out on the cheap, but unable to turn them in to anything decent because they were sat in reserves for the start of their career, it's stupid.

I'm looking forward to it, I've been heavily into FM11 for the past few months. I'd like to see the media/opposition managers interaction improved, the amount of press conferences and replying to other managers' comments with the same options to choose from is boring as fuck. Having bought every addition since CM3 it's obvious they've made massive improvements, but they've also lost some aspects from previous releases too. remember when you could suggest your players should be part of their respective international setups?

They should go back to 01-02 style version and keep it like that.

I've bored of FM11 now, which is good considering I'm back to uni soon.

I don't attend any press conferences or respond to other managers, mainly because they talk utter shit.

I've been screwed over by a shocking timing set up on the game.

Had some unrest in the squad this season, lead to some shocking underachieving, so coming up to January i engineered moves for the two playersi figured were responsible and got replacements in at a lower price, happy days, even managed to send them abroad so i dont strengthen any rivals. The problems persisted though, much to my bemusement, until a day before the January window closes a long term injured striker gets himself back fit and turns out he's kicking up a fuss too, so i offer him to clubs at a reasonable profit on what i paid a few years back.

First thing on deadline day Man City come in with a bid for him, i realise i'm struggling for options up top and search for a replacement, after some frantic negotiating i get my man and accept City's offer for my wantaway striker. The confirmation comes through for the bloke i'm trying to sign but i dont yet have the funds so i have to delay until the end of the day, then comes through confirmation my wantaway star has gone to City, i've got the money in the bank.

Just as i think all is well, it makes me confirm my 25 man squad for the 2nd half of the season before the end of deadline day, i make sure theres a space for the new guy soon to be confirmed and submit my squad. Just before midnight the new guy arrives, it wont let me use him for the next days cup game against Reading but i'm not too bothered. Then comes the next league game and it still wont let me include him despite there being a space in my 25 man squad, i think he may currently be with his country for the Africa Nations Cup, if i still cant include him after that i'm going to be a very unhappy man.

Turns out i just made a faux pas, in my haste to find a replacement for my outgoing disruptive striker i ended up signing someone that had already played for two clubs this season. Found out when i tried to send him out on loan to keep him busy, there was at least a slight silver lining, he complained of being homesick and seen as he was unregistered it meant i could allow him to go on leave to sort himself out. Hopefully he'll be on fire next season.

I'm sick of advertising for a first team coach, Brian McClair keeps applying but when I go to offer him a contract he says he's not interested in joining our club. Stop applying for the job you stupid cunt!

I may have just screwed AFC Telford.

Inter came in and offered me a job with a ridiculous transfer budget, i couldn't resist, then 15 members of staff walked out of Telford, it could be a tough season for them.

I may have just screwed AFC Telford.

Inter came in and offered me a job with a ridiculous transfer budget, i couldn't resist, then 15 members of staff walked out of Telford, it could be a tough season for them.

Sellout...

Sellout...

I felt bad about it, i did give Telford a good 15 years of my career though and got them into Europe twice. Attendances had stopped rising though, the wage bugdet was pretty much stuck so there was little chance of getting any higher, maybe i'll go back one day, shame there aren't any players i can poach. Although, Inter did have Kevin Doyle as assistant manager and two of my former AFC Telford players already on the books.

For all the managers on here, just to let you know, the FM 12 demo is currently available to download now :)

It's only on STEAM unfortunately, no other way to download it.

I've heard the full gam is steam only too. That will completely put me off buying it.

Demo donwloaded. Time to play, lose lots and decide for another year it's not for me. Unfortunately Boozad is correct and the full game will be Steam only too. Some excuse about piracy.

Definitely not buying it then. I don't want Steam on my machine.

Demo donwloaded. Time to play, lose lots and decide for another year it's not for me. Unfortunately Boozad is correct and the full game will be Steam only too. Some excuse about piracy.

Are you sure because it's available to pre order from GAME and amazon?

Back