• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Downloaded the demo of FM2012 the other day for my first foray into the dangerous world of Champs since 01/02
It's ace! Really immersive and addictive without it being a chore, which is what I'd feared from seeing how more indepth it was.

A quick summary off the top of my head...
Signed Josh McEchran on Loan from Chelsea
Signed Mark Noble for £5.25m from West Ham
Signed Sean Davies for £800k from Fulham
Playing primarily a 4-5-1 with two advanced wingers supporting the lone front man
Strongest lineup:
Doyle
Jarvis-------------------Kightly
Noble-----O'Hara
Davies
Ward--Berra--Johnson--Foley
Hennessy​

Although strike force is interchangable with Fletch and SEB also good. SEB has scored 8 goals already (mostly in the League cup). Milijas and O'Hara are also interchangable.
I play wide, attacking football, with O'Hara the playmaker and Doyle as the target man on the floor, focus the passing into space and press the opposition.
I usually play 442 against weaker teams.

6 games into the season and I'm 6th in the Prem with Wolves - won 3, drawn 2, lost 1

Happy days!

You signed Sean Davis?? He wanted £40k a week when I tried to get him which made me swiftly put a boot up his arse. I signed Frimpong and Welbeck on loan, Mahamadou Diarra and Marco Materazzi on a free (both whose stats are awesome), played a few friendlies then gave up as I want to start the full game.

You signed Sean Davis?? He wanted £40k a week when I tried to get him which made me swiftly put a boot up his arse. I signed Frimpong and Welbeck on loan, Mahamadou Diarra and Marco Materazzi on a free (both whose stats are awesome), played a few friendlies then gave up as I want to start the full game.

Yeah, Davies wanted loads when I first tried to sign him, so i walked away. A few weeks later, his agent approached me to try and sign him again. This time round his demands were not so high. I had to adjust my budget so that there was more money available for wages and less for transfers, but that's fine by me.

Do you/anyone know if the demo save game will transfer to the full version if I was to go ahead with buying the full game?

Yeah SI have aways made demo saves compatible with the full game. I'm still playing my FM11 save until the full game comes out, it's a cracking game I have saved. I'll probably switch between the two then.

I'd advise you to start again Machin when the full game comes out. Single league games get voting very quickly.

I presume you meant boring and not voting??

Anyways, they've added a new feature that lets you add and remove leagues to your save games as you go so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Taken from - http://www.base.com/buy/product/football-manager-2012-pc/dgc-fm2012pc.htm

Last edited:
I've also found the Hunt is probably the best wide man in the squad, so I've used Jarvis on the right and Hunt on the left. Hammill and Kights on the bench allows you to change things round if you need to. I have a quality 4-4-2 formation from FM11 if anybody wants it, it suits Diarra/Henry and O'Hara/Milijas down to the ground. The defensive setup of the tactic also favours Johnson and Berra.

Yeah Hunty is quality, but Kightly has got great pace and has already bagged a few goals, including a quality delicate chip from 20 yards out away to Man City. Would have been the winner had Johnson not tried to keep possession in the 97th minute, got dispossessed and they went on to score. There was only meant to be 3 mins of stoppage time..... ggggrrrrr!

Oh and Jarvis is my second top scorer behind SEB (who's goals have primarily come in the League cup).

Yeah, post up your 442 Boozad, I want to play more than one striker more effectively.

I'll have to email the file to you. Save it somewhere then you can load it straight into your tactics in the game.

no probs I'll PM you my email address

After being a sell out and taking over as Inter manager life has been good, 48 games played, 0 defeats.

5 league games remaining, 11 points clear, only 6 goals conceded, have a reasonable chance of topping both 100 points and 100 goals.

Champions league semi-final coming up against Everton, who i beat in the group stage.

Life is good in Milan, hopefully i receive another hefty summer transfer fund, i am running at a profit this season after all, to replace a few oldies and recruit some promising youth.

So Karl Henry and SEB are Jamaican internationals in FM12.

Seb scored 103 goals for them in my game.

I love it when incredible players declare for terrible teams. In my Wolves save on FM11 I had a kid who declared for Zimbabwe instead of England - I developed him into an insanely talented player (something like 370 league goals in the top flight, all at Wolves), who contributed to six successive league wins and five successive Champions League victories (sadly I've never found another striker like him, and it's been a good five years since a trophy). He ended up with the most ridiculous scoring record for Zim, with around 180 goals in 150 caps. But because it was Zimbabwe, they rarely qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations, and never for the World Cup, so I never had to worry about him getting injured in international competitions, or being exhausted before pre-season had even began.

Managing Kidderminster on the new game. Currently top after 23 games, going pretty well.

Signed Sam Winnall and Ryan Simmonds from Brighton on loan, both have teared the Conference apart.

For the first time I can remember I know absolutely nothing about the new version and didn't even know it was out. That said, all it took was for my cousin to tell me it was better than last years and I bought it last night.

I've bought it, but have no motivation to start a new game. No idea who to be.

Back