• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Leigh Griffiths looks like a machine!

When he came back from loan in January I put him straight into the side as Doyle had gone off the boil and Fletcher was scoring in spurts. He scored in his first 11 games on the trot I think (I'll have to check when I get home), and basically is fucking brilliant. The only game he hasn't scored in yet was Chelsea in the League Cup final where we lost 2-0. I'll post his record so far later, I've never seen anything like it on FM.

Here's Leigh Griffiths' stats, all of those goals have been scored in consecutive games.

LeighGriffiths.jpg

And here's his best performance yet against Birmingham in the LC semi final. Beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJn2sKxMdoY

3D! Boooooo

Still rocking 2D here.

What tactic you using mate?

Great result btw

I'm all about the 2D. I can't watch my game in 3D!

What tactic you using mate?

Great result btw

A 4-4-2 that I kept tweaking in FM11. If you want it mate just PM me your email address and I'll send it over, it's easy to add it to the game. I'll pop in the 4-2-3-1 that I made as well, although that does need some tweaking as I never finished it.

I've been going onto that forum for years! Its a good place, don't contribute to it though.

You might already have my email address mate from when you sent me the PTG spreadsheets, if not I'll ping it across again!

Good point, I'll go back and check through my PMs.

Boozad, you sir are a tactical genius.

Employed your 442 tactic with Wolves and finished 8th in my first season and won the FA Cup beating Man City in the final. Didn't make any signings to start with, but strengthened in January with Tom Cairney and Arne Friedrich.

O'Hara is amazing in the bob to box midfielder role, Hammill gets better and better as the season wears on, and Griffiths scored 7 in 13 when he returned from Hibs. SEB and Fletcher got 18 and 14 respectively, but I was hugely disappointed with Doyle, although he had a very stop start season injury wise.

Fear that next season will be a whole lot tougher though, especially with a EURO campaign thrown in. Off to scout the European Championships for bargains!

Last edited:
I got the new FM the other day, been working all week though so haven't had chance to play it yet, going to have a crack at it tomorrow and see how things go down.

Boozad, you sir are a tactical genius.

Employed your 442 tactic with Wolves and finished 8th in my first season and won the FA Cup beating Man City in the final. Didn't make any signings to start with, but strengthened in January with Tom Cairney and Arne Friedrich.

O'Hara is amazing in the bob to box midfielder role, Hammill gets better and better as the season wears on, and Griffiths scored 7 in 13 when he returned from Hibs. SEB and Fletcher got 18 and 14 respectively, but I was hugely disappointed with Doyle, although he had a very stop start season injury wise.

Fear that next season will be a whole lot tougher though, especially with a EURO campaign thrown in. Off to scout the European Championships for bargains!

I've tweaked some of the positional tactics for my second season, mainly due to bringing better players to the club. I now have Fernando Gago (£3.7m) playing alongside O'Hara and Jan Vertonghen (£8m) playing alongside Roger Johnson. Giovanni Dos Santos (£1m) has joined and will be first choice on the right when he comes back from injury, although Kightly is playing out of his skin so far.

Let us know how you get on with Gago, he's always been shite when I've had him.

I'm playing as Malaga for now, trying to build an entirely Spanish and South American squad. Started with 7 consecutive clean sheets, now conceded 13 in 6!

Last edited:
Apparently, a website called The Pirate Bay has cracked copies for download now. Disgusting. One poster, "Skid Row" is seemingly revelling in his reputation as a supplier of cracked software with no potential harm to those who download it. He's even put simple step by step download and installation instructions, that Frank could follow. He's pleased with himself, for encouraging such theft, which I find deplorable.

Steam is a pile of shit. I'll decide when I want to play the game thank you very much.

I've lost my Malaga save, and now when I go to start a new game it crash dumps. Brilliant.

Now I have to reinstall the whole bloody thing!

Last edited:
I'm not going with FM12 because of the Steam issue. I can't be doing with it, if people choose to rely on an unreliable piece of third party software working in order to play their own game for which they've paid their own money, that's their choice. If I walk into HMV and buy the physical product, I don't expect to have to take an additional step to prove that I own the game.

FM2010 is still serving me well, I keep it all up to date myself anyway so the few minor tweaks in the last two editions are merely cosmetic as far as I'm concerned.

I dont see the big problem with Steam tbh, its a bit shit they've put it in as an extra security feature but i suppose they've been screwed enough times by people creating key-gens and such, i installed it, used steam to validate it and haven't been bothered by the shitty games cloud since, save my game to my memory stick so i can play it on either my PC or laptop.

Back