• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Why on earth is Fletcher out for 3 months at the very start of the game?! Shit's outrageous!

Playing as Torquay now, top of League Two after 11 games.

I'm not going with FM12 because of the Steam issue. I can't be doing with it, if people choose to rely on an unreliable piece of third party software working in order to play their own game for which they've paid their own money, that's their choice. If I walk into HMV and buy the physical product, I don't expect to have to take an additional step to prove that I own the game.

You don't have to rely on Steam, you only have to use Steam to activate the game. After that you don't have to bother with it again. Having said that, I've never been a fan of Steam but it's no problem for me so far.

Why on earth is Fletcher out for 3 months at the very start of the game?! Shit's outrageous!

Open up the Editor and remove the injury. It is badly researched on that score, fuck knows why as they're usually pretty accurate with injuries.

Steam is a pile of shit. I'll decide when I want to play the game thank you very much.

I've lost my Malaga save, and now when I go to start a new game it crash dumps. Brilliant.

Now I have to reinstall the whole bloody thing!

Crash dumps are nothing to do with Steam, and you don't have to reinstall or lose your save game. Click this link for more info on crash dumps.

I wasn't saying the crash dump was because of Steam, it was telling me I couldn't play because the servers were too busy. Then the game auto-updated and messed the game up (acknowledged by SI people on their forums). I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix the problems.

Started my first FM 12 Wolves save, I got given £11m to spend to finish in the top half, so far I've played 7, 3, drew 2, won 2, currently lying 7th in the league. My most memorable game so far has either gotta be the first game of the season where I beat the Vile 1-0 thanks to a debut goal from Wilfried, or when I managed to hold, and outplay Man City, I had more possession, more shots, and same amount of shots on target. I'm out of the league cup, already, went out in the 3rd round thanks to a defeat on penalties to Notts Forest. I'd previously beat Shrewsbury 4-1, I was playing a second string in the cup, still should have been enough to overcome Forest, but alas, it did not happen, gives me more time to concentrate on the league though I suppose.

Made 10 signings before the window shut, those signings being;

Ins;
Jack Robinson; brought in on loan from Liverpool as backup to Wardinho.
Stephen Loboue; on a free as backup to Henners, don't feel De Vries is good enough for the Premier League.
Lucas Andersen; an attacking midfielder that can also play up front, signed from Aab, he's one for the future at the tender age of 16, but he's done well when been played, mostly cup, but brought on a few times in the league, he cost me a very cheap £925k.
Jonas Svensson; he's another young one, but not as young, he's 18, signed from Rosenborg, a midfielder that's currently in my first team due to Karl being injured, been doing well, another cheap player costing me £900k.
Beram Kayal; Needed some midfielder backup to O'Hara/Addo, he's currently keeping Addo out the team, a bit of an extravagant buy at £5m, not really setting the Premier League alight but he's alright to keep me midtable.
Steven Davis; Wanted a midfielder that battles in the middle, can pass, shoot, pretty much a box to box midfielder, and he does his job brilliantly for me, cost me £7.5m but he's been worth it.
Bony Wilfried; An absolute beast of a striker, recommend him to anyone! Can score goals for fun with ease, I'm not the most creative team, but the few chances he does get, he puts away, and with a release clause of £2.5m, he doesn't exactly break the bank.
James Rodriguez; Was after a left winger that could cross, and was relatively young, couldn't find anyone, was a few weeks in to the game, checked the transfer listed cause usually find some decent players, and I saw this guy, he was expensive, my most expensive buy at £10.25m, but he's been worth it, with 7 appearances, 2 goals, and 3 assists, and at the age of 19, he can only get better!
Marco Materazzi; Just wanted backup for Johnson/Berra, and for free, he seemed to fit the bill! Done well in his limited appearances.
Eric Addo; Another freebie, a player that can play DMC, so he was backup for Henry as had no other DMC's in the squad, done well, but currently injured so having to play Kayal due to Henry's injury too.

Outs;
Steven Fletcher; No matter what I do with Fletch, I cannot get the guy scoring, didn't really wanna sell him due to loving him IRL :p but needed the transfer funds. Managed to get £7.5m for him from Toon.
Nenad Milijas; Same as Fletch, can't get the guy playing well, playing how I know he can, so sold him, got £4.5m from Spartak for him.
Sam Vokes; The guy was never gonna get a game for me, he's behind Wilfried/Doyle/SEB and I only play 1 up front, got £2m from Leicester for him.
George Elokobi; Loaned out to Ipswich for a fee of £550k.
Jamie Reckord; Gone to Scunnie on loan.
Johnny Gorman; Gone to Crawley on loan.

Last edited:
Fletcher and Milijas were my best players on 11.

You've gone a bit crazy on the signings!

Fletcher and Milijas were my best players on 11.

You've gone a bit crazy on the signings!

I've never been able to get either one playing right, yet other people can, beginning to think I'm just playing them wrong :p

Yeah I didn't realise until just, looking back on them, I've signed a lot, I always do, I get carried away, I'm like Sven, give me money & I'll spend it on crap, hopefully they do work out though, if not, got a feeling I'll be take huge losses on them!

Well, Wolves have had a great start under Ricardo Del Woppio.

In the market we have sold Zubar for £3m, and loaned out Sammy Vokes, Zele Ismael and Matt Docherty. We’ve brought in the German right back Zinkler on a free, signed Al-Ahmed for £2.2m, Jordan Mutch for £3.2m as one for for the future, Harry Kane for £2.7m as one for the future, and Amr Zaki for £2.2m. I’ve tried to send out Kane on loan but nobody would take him yet. If a big club comes in with a £2m+ bid for Zeli I’ll let him go because he’s never made it in previous games…I did try for Kayal but Celtic wanted £8m for him, the scum bags.

We’re flitting between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-4-2 depending on the opposition and the state of the match, and are doing remarkably.

We opened with a 2-1 win at the DW, then hammered Fulham 4-2 at Molineux. Then came the visit of Tottenham Hotspur, who we defeated 2-1. The reserves eased past Palace away, before we beat Norwich 4-0 at Carrow Road. Then came the visit of Liverpool to Molineux, where an amazing game finished with a 4-2 win for the Wolves. So we’ve played 5 in the league, and won 5! Not getting carried away, and still very much focussed on hitting 40 points, however. So far Zaki has scored 4 in 5 apps, Doyle 3 in 4, with Berra (2) Jarvis (2) Hunt (2) and odd goals from Kites, Milijas and an OG.

I love the new team meeting and team talk formats, though I’m sure they will get tedious in time. Interesting how managers are talking about you even if they’re not about to face you, too. I’m not too keen on the new player profile; think it’s a little bit too busy tbh. And the in game camera angle switching will take some getting used to. My favourite feature is the ability to search for players, select multiple chaps and scout them all, without having to scout them individually. I also love the fact you can ask your ‘scout pool’ to do the scouting without having to try and remember which scout is already doing what.

Not really fiddled about with the training too much yet, but it’s already a definite improvement for me.

Doherty is the best player in the league for my Torquay team, him and Reckord are holding down the full back positions. Never managed in the lower tiers before, and am really enjoying it.

Just had a quick half an hour in my car over lunch :blush: and beat Man United in the 3rd round of the League Cup 4-1 at home! Was tempted to play the kids and write it off as a lost cause, but when I saw United's team I was glad I didn't.

They played:

Lindergaard
Rafael - Jones - Kid - Kid
Valencia - Gibson - Kid - Cleverly
Kid - Welbeck

Two nil up inside 10 minutes! Brought off my major players at half time and brought the tempo down and tackled cautiously and just saw the game out. Swansea at home next up in 4 days time so confident I'll get a decent XI out all with 95%+ condition and make it 6 wins from 6 in the league. I'm beginning to get a little excited about the season privately, but will obviously continue to play things down in the press....

I'm really pleased with how my squad has shaped up, as I've got several positions with 2 good players in.

Hinkle with Foley as back up
Ward with Elokobi as back up
Kites with Hammil as back up
Hunt with Harvis as back up
Henry, JOH, Milijas, Egyptian dude battling for 2 or 3 spots, with Jordan Mutch backing up
Doyle and Zaki for 1 or 2 spots, with SEB backing up and Fletcher back in full training.

All I'm shy on is back up for the RoJo/Berra partnership as I don't trust Stears or Craddock; but I'm hopeful that if we're over-achieving come Christmas I'll be offered a bit more money. I've still got about £3m to play with, mind. Centre halves I'm looking at are Onohua (had £3.5m accepted but he wouldn't talk), Kaboul and a couple of foreign kids.

I fear I've fallen back in love with FM, which can only mean bad things for the rest of my life.

I had to completely format my computer, go to install Steam and it's having none of it. Awful programme.

Griffiths has just banged in a hattrick on his first game back from being on loan, amazing.

Managed to sign Marlon Harewood on a 6 month deal for Torquay, so I now have a strikeforce of him and Chris Wood.

The shit and the ex-shit up front!

What are Marlon's Pace stats? Got to be at least 15.

Well, things have gone from ‘remarkable’ to down-right extraordinary. Meetings against Championship opposition have set up League Cup Semi-Final with Blackpool; with Chelsea playing Blackburn in the other, it looks like we should be in Europe next season as runners up of a qualifying competition.

But we may not need it. We’ve had a very fortuitous 1-0 victory against Man City at home, beat Arsenal 3-1 at Molineux – though these were tempered somewhat with disappointing draws at Villa Park, the SoL and Loftus Road - but got dicked 6-1 at Stamford Bridge. But we’re winning plenty still – and in early December, sit proudly on top of the Premier League on 36 points. There’s only 6 points between us and sixth place, and still have United twice, and then trips to Spurs, Arsenal, City and Liverpool, so I’m under no illusions about a top-6 finish, but the high-end of midtable is looking likely.

Doyle, Fletch and Zaki have about 20 goals between them, and Hunt, Jarvo and Kites share about ten, as do Milijas, Henry and Al Fathi. Even Berra now has three, with RoJo slotting home a couple.

The match engine is a lot more responsive to tactical changes and formation tweaks, meaning that you can react to things properly, which is really helping. It’s only ever in the run of the mill victories that my formation stays the same all game. Against City I started 451 and nothing happened for 20 minutes, then a MF got injured so I put a forward on and went 442 and was getting mullered. I took a winger off at half time and played a very narrow 433, took the lead within a minute of the restart, then hauled off a forward for a defender, brought Doyle into midfield and played a 541 on counter, then on 70 went to contain and a 5-1-3-1 and got away with it.

But yeah, we’re looking really good going forward, and who knows, with a bit of luck might get some silverware!

While our league form has been disappointing.

We have reached the LC Final and are playing QPR after having knocked Arsenal out along the way.

Lets hope we don't do a Birmingham and get relegated after though!

Back