• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Won Serie A after going unbeaten all season. A late wobble meant I had to beat AC Milan and Juventus in successive games to secure the title, which I did with relative ease. My lone frontman knocked in 29 goals and is only 21 so bodes well for the future and an astronomical transfer fee, if necessary. Unfortunately I went out to the eventual winners Man City in the first knockout round of the CL so had to make do with the Super Cup, World Club Cup and domestic glory.

The much-lauded youth team let me down in the end though, losing a couple of games and only finishing on +99 GD. Rubbish.

I've got 120m sitting in the bank, I invested in youth and am now reaping the rewards. My young guns are beginning to replace my proven players who I can sell on for big money. I signed Neymar in my third season as I knew I'd make a fortune when I sod him on. Paid 20m for him and sod him on for 60m, and replaced with a youngster who's now surpassed his ability. The average age of my squad is 23, Hennessey and Stearman being the only over 30's.

i've never been into computer games born in the wrong era i suppose, i take it the 2012 version will have players running up to cameras and telling them to fuck off!

I've got 120m sitting in the bank, I invested in youth and am now reaping the rewards. My young guns are beginning to replace my proven players who I can sell on for big money. I signed Neymar in my third season as I knew I'd make a fortune when I sod him on. Paid 20m for him and sod him on for 60m, and replaced with a youngster who's now surpassed his ability. The average age of my squad is 23, Hennessey and Stearman being the only over 30's.

How many seasons in are you Nando?

Having won back to back Premier League titles in the 3rd and 4th seasons I also added Champions League title in the 4th (Beating Barcelona, L'OM, Liverpool and Arsenal in the final) to round off a terrific season.

Currently half way through my 5th season in which I added the Super Cup and Club World Championship to the trophy cabinet the boys are suffering in the League languishing in 4th place 17 points off 1st place Arsenal so that is a write off.
Still in the Champions League and FA Cups though so going to focus my efforts on those.

My main worry is that my success has come at a cost, we are spiralling into debt and I am going to have to cut loose some of the best players in the summer to gain control of my spiralling wage budget...Fletcher* Busquets and Zhirkov all earn over £100k a week!
*Sneaky bastards agent got a match highest earner clause in there without me realising!

Anyway were -£30m at the minute I need to Champions League money to prop me up!

Last edited:
Had a bit of clear out of my title-winning squad. Sold one of my centre backs to AC Milan for £20m + 25% of any future fee on account of him being at odds with my potential star right back. Also bought a midfielder from Inter for a shade under £14m in January and sold him, also to AC Milan, for £30m + 25% of any future fee. My youth team are coming through in droves now so I'm satisfied with the business I've done so far. I might have a sniff for a quality left winger although the two I have are far from poor by any stretch of the imagination.

I feel a major overhaul of my squad will be needed in the summer in order to get the Wolves back into making a profit. My success has come at a cost!

Mainly me overspending that is!

I've got £125m to spend. Sod all chance of that happening as the players I want aren't available at their clubs unless I pay massively over the odds.

I'm in 2019/2020, took me 5 seasons to get into the Champions League!

My transfer budget is 150m, but I won't spend any of it. My highest earner is Phil Jones on 85k a week, he's a colossus at the back. Only Henners, Stears, M'Via are real players in my squad.

i've never been into computer games born in the wrong era i suppose, i take it the 2012 version will have players running up to cameras and telling them to $#@! off!

I was born in 1957. You?

What do you lads tend to you with your young players?

Give them a chance, send out on loan or keep in the youth team/ressies?

On last years game when i'd transformed Wolves into an all conquering football superpower i used to be able to get away with playing 3-4 youth players in most games and the others would carry them through, some would make the grade after a while others would get sold on or just be kept as squad fillers. I ended up in massive debt on that game though and ended up selling 4 or 5 of my older players in the last season i played it to replace them with cheaper alternatives, i was still doing very well but i need to get my house in order.

Im having to do something similar.

Just sold 2 £100k a week players for £22m in Jan

Need to cut down!

Think on mine i sold 3 of my back 4, got about £40m and spent about £10m replacing them.

I just beat League 1 Swansea with Telford in the FA cup first round, chuffed to bits, especially considering i was missing 3 of my first choice back 4 and the one that did play was out of position, missing 2 of my first choice midfield and dropped my first choice strike partnership as they were tired. Record attendance as well i think.

I give them game time in the cups, get them tutored by my top players and sent them out on loan to L1/Championship if they're not getting as much game time as I'd like.

Having a rough winter at AFC Telford, having clawed myself back up the table and getting to the top i then had a terrible spate of injuries to key players, coupled with fixture congestion and no possibility of rotation. Now i sit just outside the play off spots in 6th place, 5 points off top, most of my players are back now so hopefully things will pick up again soon.

How do you set up friendlies? I've got to the 15th of July before realising that I have no friendlies to play. The last version I played on I'm sure clubs asked you to play friendlies against them.

They do sometimes. I always get my assistant to do that for me, the jobsworth bastard. Tick the option in manager settings although it may be too late for you now. Otherwise there should be the "arrange friendly" option towards the top of the screen when you view your fixtures.

Back