• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

You click on the accept button and it comes up with

"YOU DIDN'T THINK WE WOULD MAKE IT THAT EASY DO YOU?"

I think a mate of mine might have seen something similar before, maybe its something thats built in if you play through April 1st on the game when its April 1st in reality.

Ended my seasons with a 30 game unbeaten run, now hoping to make it 31 in the Champions League final.

My usually rock solid central defence have an absolute horror show and I lose 3-2 to Fiorentina.

Seriously finding it hard to get any decent loan players in, any tips for lower league loans?

Pro Vercelli had a Hoddle-tastic finish to the season with about 6 draws on the trot and ended up 4th in C2. Into the playoffs I went against the third side and secured a solid 0-0 at home in the first leg, followed by a good 1-1 in the away leg, so I thought I was through on away goals. Sadly, there is no away goal rule in the lower end of Italian football and I went out due to being the lower seeded team. Bugger. Unbeaten all season and no promotion.

Half the side were on loan and have left, and the Chairman has told me I have to win the title this season. Could be tough.

4th October, season 3, AFC Telford.

Sitting 2nd in the league, massive 8 points behind 1st placed Wrexham already, i do however have Winnall topscoring in the BSP with 11 goals and Rooney with highest average rating and second highest number of assists, shame he's just been ruled out for 6 weeks.

I've just got an iPhone and fancied getting one of the manager games on it. I presume Football Manager is the better bet ahead of Championship Manager (which I used to play on the PC when I was a kid)? Does anyone have the game on their phone and if so is it worth it?

Great thread by the way.

Football Manager is definitely the market leader. The 11 game is quality. Of course I have no idea about the power of iphone memory for dealing with the database, which can be pretty monstrous if you load up a lot of leagues.

Football Manager is the "new" Championship manager, developed by Sports Interactive. They gave up the naming rights when they split from Eidos in about 2004.

Championship Manager these days is a totally different engine (it just has the old name, none of the old code), as a standalone game it's not a disaster, but you should always always always be going with Football Manager, regardless of platform.

Football Manager is definitely the market leader. The 11 game is quality. Of course I have no idea about the power of iphone memory for dealing with the database, which can be pretty monstrous if you load up a lot of leagues.

It's a modified version of the game. You can only run three countries maximum at once, and there are only 11 countries to choose from rather than essentially the world (minus Japan) on the PC version.

I see - it looks fairly shortsighted of the J-league not to play along but I assume that is to do with sponsorship issues?

I see - it looks fairly shortsighted of the J-league not to play along but I assume that is to do with sponsorship issues?

Exclusivity with Konami. Similarly Japan do not appear on any FIFA games apart from the World Cup ones. PES is still the big game over there - I love both, for the record.

The German national team is also by default non-existent on FM (it's there, but picks made up "greyed out" players) but there's an easy way around that (on the PC, at least). Although if you don't modify it, it means you can play in the Bundesliga and not have the hassle of international call-ups for a lot of your players.

I thought it might be Konami at work, but didn't know that also applies to the German side. Interesting - plots cunning plan to sign lots of German stars for Wolves in his game.

Mark you get any decent loan signings from anywhere with Telford, no one seems to want to sign for me. Top after eight games, six wins and two draws.

Cheers for the info guys, I think I'll go for FM then. £7 feels expensive for what is essentially an app (as I think Langdale mentioned at some point) but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Especially if I can get away with playing it at work!

I thought it might be Konami at work, but didn't know that also applies to the German side. Interesting - plots cunning plan to sign lots of German stars for Wolves in his game.

I'm not sure what it is with the German team. They're not licensed with Konami, that's for sure. Anyway, the easy way round it is here:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/43995-germany-national-team/

I would do it, it's cheating otherwise really, and it makes the World Cup and Euros stupidly unrealistic because Die Nationalmannschaft never get anywhere, unsurprisingly.

I have never set up a game playing in germany, but if I did or took a national job then I would definitely upload that fix. Thanks.

You'll be needing my help when you take over Kickers Offenbach and need my knowledge of obscure lower league German players and clubs. ;)

Mark you get any decent loan signings from anywhere with Telford, no one seems to want to sign for me. Top after eight games, six wins and two draws.

The only player i've had on loan so far is the guy thats there at the start Greg Mills, i signed him on a free at the end of the first season too. Tried to get some of the Wolves kids to come on loan but no-one was every interested, nothing changed when i got promoted to the Blue Square Premier either, just had to keep picking up free transfers, hopefully things will change if i make it to league 2 next season.

Back