• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fifa 19 Thread - yay, a card game on the telly!

Tactical defending is set for online games. They even changed it on squad battles as well.

As in we can't change it?

Might try it if we can. I have shot switch set to air balls only, or I did, not sure if setting carry over tbh.

Been on the Companion app all day as have been out and about between hospitals and did the non-tradeable UCL a few times and only pulled Ribery of note who I won't use, then got De Rossi from the Lights SBC who should sell for a decent price. Also picked up Savic UCL for 4.8k and Garay UCL for 2.8k, should make a decent profit on those. Made over 100k today just sniping <1k golds and flipping them for profit.

Just thought I'd play a couple of games of DR to make sure I finished Rank II, cracking first game ended 3-3 after I came back from 2-0 down then 3-2 down, absolutely brilliant match. Next game I score virtually straight away and am absolutely rinsing him so he quits after 10 minutes. Next game I'm giving out another pasting (not sure why I could play well again tonight) and am 2-0 up after 12 minutes, he quits. Pissed me off as I was on form and was playing some quality stuff for a change.

Anybody chosen their DR rewards yet? I’m stuck between 39k coins, 1 Prime Gold Players + 1 Rare Electrum Players or double the packs but untradeable. Can’t make my mind up what to go for.

Think I’ll go for the coins, my luck surely must have run out on the packs now.

Finished rank 1 in division 5 - took the coins, a nice 58k.

I'm not taking the packs again. Done it twice in the first few weeks and regretted it straight away.

Must... Take... Coins... (I know what's coming and I'll still go for packs)

I have the feeling if I don't take packs I'll get a monster. No monster yet.

Took the 39k, wish I’d have risked the packs now because I’m making a killing on the market at the moment.

Has anyone got or had any icons?

I am thinking about buying the middle Pires card. - he can be picked up for just over 400k but I have done a comparison of stats and my current play for the position Martial and there doesn't appear to be huge differences.

I have never used an icon though and I have heard the players just feel a lot better in game than normal cards.

I had Ronaldo 90 last year and he was a joy to play with. I'm not purchasing an icon yet there too much. Plus there is issues with coin swapping again.

I've used these, before there were 3 versions:

Gullit - Stupidly good. Game winner.
Kluivert - Again really good. Strong, fast, headers.
Crespo - absolute animal, shoot from anywhere
Herreiro - great CB and always seemed to win the header on attacking corners
Hagi - was brilliant on 14 but not sure now, might be a bit weak and he had 5* weak foot then, now 4*

These were worth it IMO and felt way better than normal cards.

Nedved - Better as a LM than further forward, fun card but not THAT good
B. Laudrup - Too weak. Good finisher

These weren't really worth it for me, other alternatives that are much cheaper.

Basically, the more premium ones really are worth it. Also don't bother getting one if they have like 62 stamina, why bother? A lot of money for 65 mins a game..

I’m going to go for one I think, either that or Pogba.

I’m nearly done with Squad Battles, just played two of the most infuriating games and almost put the co trolled through the window. First squad was a 79 rated with a chemistry of 48, yes 48, with two silver cards in it. Took me until 87 minutes to score after hitting the post four times.
Next game an 82 rated squad with 52 Chemistry. I hit the post and from the rebound Kante hit the bar from six yards out with an open goal, absolutely fucking ridiculous. Then hit the post FOUR more times before the scored with two minutes to go with their first shot on target. I just put the controller down and let them score another five.

Passing is broken, sometimes they just go anywhere or are massively overhit. Lofted through balls are broken, loads of them now are overhit and go out of play. I’ve been caught offside in my own half three times in the last two days. And the most fucking annoying thing is obstructions, players just stand in front of of you and you can’t get round them to a loose ball, sometimes they even fall over and you can’t get round them while they’re fucking lying on the floor while their team mate hogs over and toddles off with the ball.

I thought the game was class when it came out but fucking hell it’s rancid at the moment.

I've got Pogba, best to use him as a CM in a 3 with the other CM's defensive or as an out and out CAM as he has got low defensive workrate.

On Kante he is quality but his shooting is absolutely horrific for a CM

players getting to a loose ball is even more shit than last year, which I already thought was shit. definitely one of the most frustrating parts of the game.

all of my scream investments have been bust so far. womp. got my 27k from rivals this morning, you guys go for packs again?

Coins.

I’ve got a few cards I’ve sunk decent money into (2 x S ream Pepe, IF Bailly, IF Bernie Silva) that I’m sitting on waiting for them to go up, plus another couple of cheaper Screams and loads of cheap UCL cards from the flood last night. Hopefully they’ll pay off, or at least a SBC requiring UCL players.

Wow my Weekend league stuff was sensational.

Packed Eggstien as player pick, and the best I got out of my 2 packs was Jamie fucking Vardy.

Fucking disgrace.

Quick question, were the blue CL cards back in packs? How come they've dropped loads in price?

Back